Made 1304 RWHP on my side mount CPE TT set up

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paolo, just checked on your VA post again. Yup, you said this car made 900 rwhp at 10 psi. You also said it made 950 hp at 11.2 psi. You said here that the max you could wrangle out of the kit with the filters on was 14 psi so what gives? The owner Tom stated that you ran with the intake ducting off because it seemed like you were running out of boost tuning for 900-100 hp but if you made 900-950 with 10-1 psi why would you have ran out of boost? Seems like if he made 900 at 10 psi and 950 at 11.2, his numbers at 14 psi would have been quite good. What were they?

Josh, I am going to reiterate one more time that all runs prior to the 1300 RWHP pull had the flexible ducting and air filters attached:

I think the flexible ducting has no problem up to the 900 rwhp range and it shows as it made 900 RWHP at 10 PSI.

It made 950 on 11.2ish PSI.

I believe it was from this point on that the flexible ducting became the restriction because it took 2.8 PSI to make another measley 55 RWHP where it should have picked up more like 110-115 RWHP acccording to my calculations.

It was after pondering if we were out of turbo like Joe Donovan and several others suggested that my fabricator, Ed, suggested we reomve the flexible ducting to see if the turbos were not able to pull enough air thereby making it look like the turbos were out of air.

We did not think this would make such a difference and were surprised that the dyno pull took only 2 seconds to go from 4000-6138 RPM in 2 seconds.

OP
OP
GTSnake

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't understand the inquisition here. No one is making anything up. The data is all here.

The bottom line is the engine is capable of handling around 900rwhp with no problems. It made the 1304 as a fluke because the flex piping was restricting airflow and when it was removed the car was able to breath.

Can we try to keep this on a mature level? This is not VA and I didn't post it there for a good reason.

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't understand the inquisition here. No one is making anything up. The data is all here.

The bottom line is the engine is capable of handling around 900rwhp with no problems. It made the 1304 as a fluke because the flex piping was restricting airflow and when it was removed the car was able to breath.

Can we try to keep this on a mature level? This is not VA and I didn't post it there for a good reason.

Tom, I have to remember to tell all potential TT customers to figure in the cost of upgrading their life insurance policies to what they will need to spend on their TT build!:2tu::headbang:

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Tom, I am not going to trash your thread. I really am very glad you are happy with your vehicle.:2tu: I just have some fundamental questions that Mr. Castellano is happily answering for me here. I can keep it civil.;)

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ues, 1005 RWHP and 1003 RWTQ on 14 PSI with the flexible ducting restriction.

I would guess it would make closer to 1050 RWHP on 14 PSI with the hard air intake piping in place with the filters on.

Paolo, have you tried connecting the filters directly to the turbos w/o the use of this flex pipe? More importantly is the fact that you bilk this an upgradable system... How does a customer that wants to increase power by say tossing in some 76's do so without also having to alter the piping? If power is restricted to 14 psi using 66's isn't that going to remain unchanged by putting in something larger? Surely you would have tested this prior to just trying it on others vehicles first?

KingSnake97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
good numbers Tom. Paolo sweet set-up, Joe nice tune. So That's what I could do with a extra turbo and a set of heads.;):2tu:

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paolo, have you tried connecting the filters directly to the turbos w/o the use of this flex pipe? More importantly is the fact that you bilk this an upgradable system... How does a customer that wants to increase power by say tossing in some 76's do so without also having to alter the piping? If power is restricted to 14 psi using 66's isn't that going to remain unchanged by putting in something larger? Surely you would have tested this prior to just trying it on others vehicles first?

Josh, From the recent data, with a good sheet metal intake, solid roller cam and billet main caps, and some more boost, this system is capable of 1500+ RWHP.

This system's design does not need 76mm turbos to make the power.

The upgradeability is in the engine and fuel system combination.

The power is not restricted to 14 PSI using 66's, just running the flexible ducting which will be deleted from build process for the cars making 900+ RWHP.

This was the first car to show the limitations of the flexible ducting.

This system can still make 900+ RWHP on a stock forged motor with air filters on and the flexible ducting like it did on Alternative's car.:2tu:

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like the piping is collapsing under the vacum generated by the turbo's on the intake. You may want to check into this because nothing good can come out of it.

Last edited:

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like the piping is collapsing under the vacum generated by the turbo's on the intake. You may want to check into this because nothing good can come out of it.

Russ, before this even happened, I had already made some hard piping for the air intake. I just did not have it on this car yet!

You must be registered for see images attach

Alternative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good to see the potential of the kit, something to look forward to.

Paolo - fix those drains on your car, they don't match! Sorry, couldn't resist... ;)

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tom,

congrats on the build. I'm sure you'll have a blast with the car.

Paolo,

Great Build, keep cranking out the cars. We need more monster power Vipers on the road. This system makes me wonder why ANYONE would pick a Paxton over a set of turbos. When it comes to making power a paxton just will not hold up to a pair of turbos.

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom,

congrats on the build. I'm sure you'll have a blast with the car.

Paolo,

Great Build, keep cranking out the cars. We need more monster power Vipers on the road. This system makes me wonder why ANYONE would pick a Paxton over a set of turbos. When it comes to making power a paxton just will not hold up to a pair of turbos.

Thanks buddy! I'll talk to you soon!:2tu: