Made it!!!!!

gasman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, the trip to AZ in the 99 GTS is over........

Monday- Movers come, 2 guys from the moving company attempt to steal a gold Rolex. I catch it's missing and inform them that it's felony theft. When I go inside to call the cops, it miraculously appears. The stuff of my former life gets loaded on a truck, I cry a lot about moving away from my boys, tempers flare with the ex, and it's all done.

Tuesday- I hit the road in Chicago, and snow is falling, but no accumulation, so I make it to Tulsa. Lots of "thumbs up" on the road from others. No shortage of cabin heat!

Wednesday- Cold as hell in OK, snow expected. I hit blowing snow and almost white-out conditions, but still no accumulation, so I press on to Gallup, NM. The hood scoop flies off and gets destroyed by passing trucks, saving me the walk back to get it. I'm laughing as I see it flying down the highway in a million pieces.

Thursday- Get to Scottsdale and proceed to a car wash. Many very nice autos there.

Friday- Put most of my stuff into storage, find a place for the Viper.

Saturday- I'm treated to a well-needed massage. Kind of cramped from the drive. Go to a Dodge dealer to meet the Viper tech, who invites me to their Christmas party. A fabulous affair, with some awesome singers and an amazing illusionist. A very friendly crowd, indeed! Can't wait for Barrett-Jackson!

Sunday- Put the Viper in storage.

Monday (today)- Flew back to Chicago to see the boys, clean the apartment, and drive the Jeep back.

GREAT ROAD TRIP!!

GT40DOC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to Az. You proably didn't notice, but there WASN'T any snow in Scottsdale. I think you will enjoy Az. at least until May-June. Cabin heat WILL be a problem for you here during the "warm" months. Right now we call this
paradise. Hope to meet you at one of the VCA functions. ;)

Doc

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cerevo