MAGNETIC Drain Plugs for SRT-10 Vipers now in stock!

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
For any of you that have changed the oil in your SRT-10, you probably pulled out the plug, went to go clean it, and said "What the hell?" "Where is the freaking magnet?!?!?" Which was sure to be followed by: "Those cheap @#$%^&*#!!!"

Well, I said the same thing. Yep, thats right... no magnet on the drainplug of a car closing in on $100,000. Go figure...

There seemed to be a demand for them, so I did some research and found one that will fit. A magnetic Drainplug is a no brainer- not only does it capture ferrous metals floating around in your oil that the filter may miss, but it also gives a good indication of how your engine is running. I have 1 in stock at the moment, and 5 more coming in early next week. Price is 15.00 plus shipping for the magnetic plug and seal assembly. I am going to try to keep stock all the time starting next week, depending on the demand for them.

Please e-mail me to reserve one!

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So DC ditched the magnetic plug that the Gen. 2's had when they came out with the SRT's?

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
99 R/T 10- I am only making a couple dollars each at 15! Dont shoot the messenger! Even the regular drain plug is like 6 or 7 bucks.

RedGTS- Yes, DC ditched the magnetic drain plug.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
RON- Definatly doable, I will order one up and see if I can match it... assuming they didnt use some goofy thread pattern.

Thanks,

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just heard back from one 2005 SRT-10 owner, apparently SOME 2005's have Magnetic plugs again. I guess Dodge came to its senses!

So, if you have an 05, check. If you have an 03 or 04, ORDER- you are definatly affected!

Thanks,

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Now SHIPPED to the USA-48 for 15.00!

RON- I would have to go back the the drawing bored to make a magnetic T-56 plug. It is just a standard 1/2 NPT pipe plug!

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The T-56 already has two large round magnets inside, about 1.5" diameter each. They are captive in the floor of the main casing. I know, good that they are there, but bad that you can't see them or remove them.

rac156

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't understand the need for a magnetic drain plug in an aluminum engine. Can some one explain where the magnetic shavings come from?

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The shavings come from piston rings, cylinder liners, connecting rods and wrist pins, oil pump rotor and cover, etc- all of which are made from ferrous metals (Iron containing metal, Steel)