Matchbox or Hotwheels

ViperLSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are some of the hardest vipers to get? I'm getting a Monopoly Viper next week. As well as a Detroit Pistons GTS. The guy selling these has a Wastanaw County, Michigan GTS. Very rare for Michigan. I'm looking for a Michigan, Texas, Ind., and Cal. state police vipers.
I'm going through this dealer. If anyone would like me to pick something up for them let me know.

Thomas

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Johnny Lighting has the best die cast of all the 1/64 cars. If you join the club this year you get a special viper 1/64th car. The special promo car changes for every years membership. Last years was a camaro.

DMC94

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
The Monopoly JL is OK, as is the version that comes with JL membership. Both Hot Wheels & Matchbox suffer from the same syndrome - they both look like they put the RT/10 in a crusher. The best 1/64 Viper out is the JL "Modern Muscle" version. It comes in black or charcoal and has the look of the loooong hood a Viper has. You may also like the new HW 2003 GTS-R in red (if you like the new design, that is).

OP
OP
V

ViperLSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw the VIP car I wasn't impressed. I also saw the JL charcoal colored viper, that one I liked. I'm mainly looking for the hard to find to rare cars. Thanks.

Thomas

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thomas, did you pick up any of those Amoco Viper GTS's on sale at Amoco? I just picked up a few for $1.99 a piece. They had a ton of them too.

OP
OP
V

ViperLSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi M.C. Man,
Well yes I did find them at a Amoco on 18 mile. I picked up 5. Yes, I got them for the same price as you. I'm now looking to get the 2003 GTS hotwheels car. Have you got an extra one?

Thomas?

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thomas, I don't have the 2003 GTS hotwheels. In fact, I think DMC94 meant the 2001 GTS-R from hotwheels, I don't think they have a 2003 out yet. I see a few of the 2001's for sale on E-bay right now. It is the GTS-R concept car.