McCann wins Sebring AND Woodhouse finishes THIRD!!!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Holy Cow, Viper Day's Alums romp the competition in Sebring. Mike McCann wins his first SCCA World Challenge GT Race and WOODHOUSE finishes in the bronze position. O'Lord , there will be some St. Patty Day consumption a-going on in Sebring tonight. Yeh, this is a blatant plug, but for those of you who want to inundate the 60 year old Viper Maestro, his email is; [email protected]. I wish I knew Mike's , as he joins Paul Mumford and Tommy Archer as winners in the Competition Coupe Viper. I am frigging pumped and I can't express my joy for my friend and boss..............oh, helll , I can too............

YIPPEE, YAHOO, AND HOLY &^%$ !!!!!

Way to go Mike and Bobby!!

:2tu:

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Way to go Bob!

Nice to see Vipers racing and winning again.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it always that way for the first few races and then they start dumping the weights and restictors on the CC?

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats to both and great to see Bob with a podium finish after last year's problems.

Keep 'em comin' boys!

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We actually went,
You all missed a great race. AND it was really nice when the drivers/engineers came over to the SRT tent and hung out with us before the race....a TRUELY class act.

SRT may do more of these events if the turnout is good.

This was a very nice arrangement.

and the WIN made it fun.

our viper convoy got a lot of attention on the way out.

Scotty B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VERY VERY NICE!!

Way to go Mike & BOB!! :headbang: :headbang: :2tu: :2tu:

Now let's hope they don't saddle you with the lead prize and a drinking straw to breathe through... :curse:

sbw :usa:

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Podium, baby! yeah!

Congrats to Mike and Bob, you guys fight hard!

OP
OP
Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Who let the cat out of the bag that Bob W. is 60, ha? Well, positive proof that age is just a state of mind, and, like Paul Newman did over the past 20 years, Bob is showing that skill and tenacity knows no calendar.

I am super pumped to see the podium covered by two drivers who really garnered the bulk of their experience running in Viper Days. Positive proof, once and for all that this instructional venue is a great breeding ground for competent and competive drivers and racers.

OP
OP
Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Kudos should also go to Brett Pearson of Orlando, Florida, as he won the Hard Charger Award for the race, finishing in 13th in his Viper Comp Coupe,from his 31st spot on the grid (dead last ).

Viper Racing League Alums ( Viper Days ) in the top ten.

1. Mike McCann
3. Bob Woodhouse
7. Sonny Whelen ( yeh, he iz in one of dem Chebbies now, but still a great guy )
9. Rob Foster
:headbang:

Rich Wesorick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats to Mike and Bob!!! Looking forward to seeing the race today on SPEED.

For those who aren't already aware... Viper Days and the Viper Racing League (the series that trained the race winner and 4 of the top ten drivers) will be at Sebring at the end of April - don't miss your chance to drive this historic, Viper-friendly track.

Rich

p.s. Amen Scotty...

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Archer is with autohaus, and 3R had some good cars out there as well. Archer was running good, then did not see him again about half-way through. I am going to watch race to see what really happened to him.

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Just watched the race on SPEED. The announcers made it sound like a chevy/caddy infomercial ... never shut the hell up bragging about the Brand X cars. Made the DODGE VIPER CC win that much more satisfying. Bob was justifiably excited - very proud of him.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just watched the race on SPEED. The announcers made it sound like a chevy/caddy infomercial ... never shut the hell up bragging about the Brand X cars.

Aint that the truth. 8 Vettes, 2 Caddys and 10 Vipers.

Well, four of those Vettes were able to finish. That's something I guess. LOL

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please, no more "spoiler" posts with the race result in the heading.
I like to watch the tape delayed races on Speed TV, and it isn't nearly as fun to watch when you know who wins before you start watching.

That said, it was fun to watch the Vipers do well. Woodhouse had a terrific pass on that Porsche towards the end of the race. A bit disappointing to see Archer have to retire. If his car had kept on running, it could have been an even better showing for the Vipers.

I'm glad to see that they have toned down the "REWARD" weight this year. Last year's system was pretty crazy, with the winners penalized so much that it made it a disincentive to win.

Holy Cow, Viper Day's Alums romp the competition in Sebring. Mike McCann wins his first SCCA World Challenge GT Race and WOODHOUSE finishes in the bronze position. O'Lord , there will be some St. Patty Day consumption a-going on in Sebring tonight. Yeh, this is a blatant plug, but for those of you who want to inundate the 60 year old Viper Maestro, his email is; [email protected]. I wish I knew Mike's , as he joins Paul Mumford and Tommy Archer as winners in the Competition Coupe Viper. I am frigging pumped and I can't express my joy for my friend and boss..............oh, helll , I can too............

YIPPEE, YAHOO, AND HOLY &^%$ !!!!!

Way to go Mike and Bobby!!

:2tu: