McCann wins Sebring AND Woodhouse finishes THIRD!!!

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please, no more "spoiler" posts with the race result in the heading.
I like to watch the tape delayed races on Speed TV, and it isn't nearly as fun to watch when you know who wins before you start watching.

World challenge was fantastic, and I agree with the GM infomercial. DC wake the F up.
Those CC look bad *** on the track though. Sounds like Tommy’s not to happy with his new ride.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If it was same day I'd agree with you but the race wasn't telecast until two days after it was run. C'mon, people are just showing their enthusiasm by congrating the Vipers ASAP. You can't expect them to wait two days just so you can watch the mediocre production abilities on SpeedTV.

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If it was same day I'd agree with you but the race wasn't telecast until two days after it was run. C'mon, people are just showing their enthusiasm by congrating the Vipers ASAP. You can't expect them to wait two days just so you can watch the mediocre production abilities on SpeedTV.

I don't care if it is discussed, but it would be nice if the header didn't have the race results in it.
Try a post title like "Vipers at Sebring!!!", and then discuss it all you want in the body of the post. That way, those of us who would like to watch the race can do so without having the results spoiled.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I don't care if it is discussed, but it would be nice if the header didn't have the race results in it.
Try a post title like "Vipers at Sebring!!!", and then discuss it all you want in the body of the post. That way, those of us who would like to watch the race can do so without having the results spoiled.

For the record if I ever win a race that big, permission granted to post the results in the subject line. In fact, I'll probably do it myself. :)

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Back on track.

Oh boy - what a finish.

Huge congratulations to Mike McCann. His quiet and relentless pursuit of winning is a pleasure to watch. Both Mike and his brother, Jim, helped Henry and I in many ways when we were new to the Viper Racing League. And, also, congrats to crew chief Dan Fiffick who has been working wtih Mike for many years toward this goal. I cannot think of a more deserving team. (OK, Dan, please send free stuff to....)

And then we have Bob. What can we say? Besides the fact that I almost passed out trying to hold my breath on the last lap so that I wouldn't breathe and cause an incident that would take Bob off that glorious podium. I can only imagine the gasps and prayers and chants of "Bob, hang in there - stay calm, relax - one more lap" in all of Blair, NE. Or, perhaps the threats of Rick and Nancy was enough motivation for Bob to not only bring the car back in one piece, but be close enough to the front to avoid any melee? We may never know. Regardless - Bob ran a phenomenal race and deserved that fine finish. Congrats! One last thing - just WHO was Nancy calling on national TV????

And then we have a few more folks....

Sonny Whelen - yeah, I know, in a new C6. BUT - Whelen Engineering is STILL a supporter of Viper Days because Sonny BELIEVES in Skip's program and KNOWS that the VRL turns out some very good, and very respectable drivers. 2005 Rookie of the Year starts 2006 off well with his new ride (looks nice in red and white, too!) And finishing with a solid 7th place and a strong running car - Sonny and this vette may be the one to watch.

And wait - in 9th place - Rob Foster - former VRL standout and WC Rookie. Noticed the LTI contracting decals on Mike McCann's CC. Could it be that Rob is teaming with the proven success of McCann Racing. Rob should be fun to watch chase ROY honors for 2006.

Then, in 10th place, Skip Sauls - driving Tommy Archer's 2004 Championship car I believe - and teaming with the class of 3R Racing. Continued success and best wishes as we welcome Skip into the Viper family.

Lenny Diller in 12th - a great finish. Lenny cut his teeth racing inthe VRL and running a Viper at Viper Days. Nice job!

And 13th - Brett Pearson - Cali native relocated to Florida - showing his "Hard Charger" self in that great looking #77 with the new WC bodywork and upgrades made Brett competitive this year - sure hope he can make more races and represent the CC!

But wait - there's more!

NC native and friend Kenny Hawkins with a career high 14th place finish salvaged from a tire / wall incident in the second lap of qualifying! Nice recovery Kenny - just don't make it a habit. Oh - and keep around that Aston Martin - you couldn't have PAID for better TV time!

A big Viper family welcome to Derek Burseth - and good luck on your rookie year - we shoudl be seeing more of this guy! A 20th place finish for this ex-open wheel racer is downright respectable. The CC is a little different beast, huh?

And "better luck next time" to both Tommy Archer and Adel el Sayed who were unable to finish due to mechanical issues. it's AWFULLY NICE seeing Tommy in a factory backed SRT - and - always a consummate gentleman - the CC has been rock solid for Tommy and maybe it was just the (un)luck of the draw to not finish. As always - he'll be a force to be reckoned with and should be seeing MANY podium finishes in 2006.

Damn - now don't you wish you booked your plane tickets and attended this event? I know I do.

Way to go guys! We'll continue to cheer you on!!!!!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn - now don't you wish you booked your plane tickets and attended this event? I know I do.

St Pete in two weeks. I got a spare room for you and Henry if you don't mind a house with Viper parts scattered throughout. Got a spare Viper too. :)

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hmmm.... that is VERY tempting.... H gets back from China on that Thursday - not sure he'd be too keen on leaving home the next day.....

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hmmm.... that is VERY tempting.... H gets back from China on that Thursday - not sure he'd be too keen on leaving home the next day.....

Plane ticket can't be more than a few hundred and I've got plenty of PB&J.