MCS coilover system

Fuoss484

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bought a Set of these for my 2001 GTS. Going to be installing these hopefully tonight. Right now my car is lowered on what I believe to be (bought this way) stock shock, with eibach springs and caps. With this setup my car sits a liitle to low for my liking. One the highway the front end starts to bounce pretty good once I get up to speed. Almost makes it feel uncomfortable. If I push the car hard in the twisty's the rear tire rub. Hopefully the MCS will slove all of my problems. We will find out

OP
OP
F

Fuoss484

Viper Owner
Reaction score
First thing I noticed, I never got a wrench to adjust ride height. Going have to give woodhouse a call. Hopefully they will raise my car higher than it is.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

Fuoss484

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Installed and test driven. Instillation was pretty much straight forward and gave me time to grease all the ball joints and tie rod end fittings. Took it for a very long drive and I must say, impressed. The car feels like a whole different machine. Rides ten times better than the previous set up. No more bouncing from the front end when I get up to highway speed, or hit a bump in the street. Had her up to mid triple digits and the car felt extremely stable. Before the car would bounce down the road over 80.
Took her on some back roads then did some in town driving and this suspension handled everything flawlessly.
I might have been wrong about the wrench to adjust the coilovers, as I was able to adjust them by hand. As of right now I believe my car is sitting around factory ride height. Going to adjust it down a little bit. The directions recommended settings eight clicks up from full soft. So that is what I have them set at. The front feels fantastic, think I will turn the rear up to 9 or ten, just for my personal preference. It is night a day different from what I had to what I have now. Very satisfied with my purchase. Would recommend this setup to anyone.

You must be registered for see images attach

JAY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems to be the overwhelming opinions of those going to MCS Suspension ! Nice Ride and. Congratulations ! :D

OP
OP
F

Fuoss484

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It was 3650 shipped. Probably should have haggled over the price a little.....lol Dont think it would have gotten me anywhere. They are a nice set. It was between these and KW. I decided to try these just to try something different, was a little skeptical. After I took it for a ride all my worries went away, these were what I was looking for. Now they just have to hold up for the test of time. For what I have heard, I am pretty sure they will.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the KW Variant 2 on my 09 and replaced them with these.

The MCS are much much better. No noise, no pogo stick, no using just a tiny piece of the travel.

Smoother, quieter, better control...all that and a bag of chips.

JohnnyH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No more bouncing from the front end when I get up to highway speed, or hit a bump in the street. Had her up to mid triple digits and the car felt extremely stable. Before the car would bounce down the road over 80.

I'm experiencing this right now. Over 80MPH sometimes my front end would begin to feel a little bouncy... I have KW V2 on a Gen 3 Vert.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dugger