Michelin Pilot Super Sport Review

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got some new Michelin Super Sports on my 08 in stock 18 and 19 inch, and finally have a few miles on them so can post My take on them

Really impressed with how they hook up. My 4 year old 10k mile PS2s never hooked like this from a roll or when hitting 2nd even when new.. Lots of spin without trying. The new PSS don't spin (maybe a tiny bit) when shifting into 2nd. Noticeable difference.

Seem a little smoother going down the road, then again comparing the old PS2 with 4-5/32 tread left to the new 9/32 tread, so would expect it to feel better.

Cornering feels real stable and consistent, still don't have many miles on them, but so far every bit as good as the old rubber.

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody know if Michelin is making or going to make the rear 18" tire for Gen II Vipers? I picked up a set of brand new fronts, but now I can't find any info on the rears to match them up. Wanted to get a full set and not just put the front PSS tires on. If they aren't going to be made, anyone want a good deal on two front 18" tires? ... or what can I pair them up with for new back tires? Do I have to go to 19" back wheels to get tires to match up?

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They seem to rank VERY high from many and I will be getting a set in Sept. after a track event. Really wanted the new Gen 5 Pirellis but they are not available for awhile. Wii have to see who has the best pricing on four, VPA or Tire Rack. Thanks for the review.

supersnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Removed the Run Flats yesterday off of my 06 Coupe and installed Michelin Super Sports. The change in handling and ride was immediate. I only had 7000 miles on the run flats but was never happy with the way it tracked the ruts in the roads from large trucks. The Super Sports took that away and the ride is alot smoother as well. I have only a 100 miles on the new tires but will chime in again when I get more miles on them.:D:D

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I need to upgrade to 19"R / 18"F so I can get into a set of these. Although I'm not sure if may I would go with the PS2 C1 editions. From what I hear they are even slightly better than even the PSS tires. I didn't even know the C1 PS2's existed until last week. They are actually a softer compound made just for the Viper and Corvette guys even buy them because of how good they are. Read the driver reviews below.

http://www.viperpartsrack.com/Pilot_Super_Sport_PS2_Track_Test