Michelin Super Sports - just installed

Chemeng

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ordered a set of Super Sports from VPA and just had my local shop install. What a difference over the Pilot Sport run flats. Looks like rain moving in but will update in a couple of weeks as I drive them. So far big thumbs up.:headbang:

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got mine installed too. Haven't put any miles on yet to give much of a review, but seem to ride a little better than the PS2s. VPA was excellent to work with.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best tire I've run. Over a month on mine and they not only hook and handle, but they have a very predictable feel to them, I can't say enough how much I love these tires. FWIW. Thumbs up here.

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like mine so far, but really could have done without the tire shop scratching the piss out of one of my rear wheels in the process of mounting them. Blah.

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the SS for 4 months what a great tire much better than the P2. Best performance tire I have ever put on.

Black Adder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
New super sports last week. Ran the run flats blab after 11,000 miles. New super sports are MUCH better in every way.

Sarge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got about 400 miles on a new set of Super Sports. Not sure if my comparison is fair. Had about 5 year old PS 2's when I bought my car. Drove them a couple hundred miles
and replace with SS when I bought new wheels. As noted above they hook and hold much better than the PS 2's.

OP
OP
C

Chemeng

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Put about a hundred miles on them today, big difference. The run flats just don't compare, SS have better grip and I don't feel the tire "tracking" into ruts. Next up either Motons or KW V2's.

Anyone need a set of run flats? Lots of tread left on them, 2010 date code on the rears and 2008 on the fronts. Am in Louisville, KY. PM me if interested.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be ready for the next step up later this year from the SS. The new Pirelli Corsa Viper tires. I can hear it now, have you guys tried the new Gen V Pirelli tires yet? I plan on getting a set, 355 rears.

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sooooo, any pics of these mounted on a car??? :D

I want to see what the sidewalls look like on a vehicle! :yay:

How about some crappy pics until some good ones come along?

285/35/18 fronts:

You must be registered for see images attach

345/30/19 rears:

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Steve!

They really dont look that different than a PS2! :omg:

They don't look vastly different, but you can definitely tell something changed when you look at it...that may be because my PS2s were the originals, and they were done as far as tread life was concerned (~11,000 miles).

Hirkophoto

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My question as I read though this thread is why would anyone still be running run flats on the viper. This has to be one of the worst tires, unless you like the grip and ride of a brick? These tires contribute to a lot of wrecked vipers. Do your self a favor, if you still have run flats on your car ditch them.
PS2 tires are a huge step up, Sport cups are also a great option but a lower mileage tire.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4