MIGHT be selling my 2004

VIPER08

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have an 04 and an 05 and I've been debating all summer on whether or not to sell one to put a down payment on a 09 .... i have a 04 that a bought "rebuilt" that I might be letting go of.

what does everyone think this is HONESTLY worth. it wont even be worth selling if I cant at least get a DECENT amount for it. here's the specs:

2004 SRT convertible
4600 miles
straight title but has 'rebuilt' history
all stock except for a 08 hood

I will get more pics later today when sun comes up. Everything is in pretty good condition. Runs awsome.

You must be registered for see images attach

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are going to have to explain "rebuilt" to get an honest assessment. I can tell you that these days you can pick up a nice SRT10 with decent mileage in the mid 40's. As for the rebuilt status that is going to hurt you depending on exactly what it means.

Thums Up

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm interested in the car and to know what "Rebuild" means as well?
- What will carfax show?
- What is your best and final accepting offer?
- Are there any other assessories? Conv. boot and trunk mat, car cover?
- Have there been any other mods or performance mods made to the car?
- Is or was there any frame damage?

I prefere we chat off line if you don't mine. Here's my cell number and email:

Michael
913-579-2779
[email protected]

OP
OP
V

VIPER08

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are going to have to explain "rebuilt" to get an honest assessment. I can tell you that these days you can pick up a nice SRT10 with decent mileage in the mid 40's. As for the rebuilt status that is going to hurt you depending on exactly what it means.

when I got it, the car had damage in the rear (bumper, wheel, quarter, rear tub, ect)

I guess since it went through insurance, it got a temporary salvage status title. now that its all together and good looking, I got it inspected and got a clean title for it with a 'rebuilt' brand on the title. but its perfectly registerable, ect ect ...

the car only has 4600 original miles on it and runs great. yes, it has damage history, but it wasn't terrible. no frame damage and I have reciepts of that. I understand the situation with it, and Im not trying to 'make' any money on it or anything. I know im gonna lose some $$$ on this project. That's why im debating on whether to sell it or not. just trying to get a ball park on what its worth, or what someone would pay for it. Id sell it if it was the right price.

it would be great for someone who wants a nice SRT and doesnt have $50k+

ZO6KLR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A buddy of mine just picked up an '04 black SRT with 5200 miles for 38k. It had a clean title, extra set of forgelines with Toyo rubber, Mopar race exhaust, autoform top, lowered seats, aftermarket roll hoops and a few other items. He got a helluva deal.

I would say the as long as you are upfront about any priors (which you have been) you should not have a problem selling. In this market I could see the car going for 25 to 30k.

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A buddy of mine just picked up an '04 black SRT with 5200 miles for 38k. It had a clean title, extra set of forgelines with Toyo rubber, Mopar race exhaust, autoform top, lowered seats, aftermarket roll hoops and a few other items. He got a helluva deal.

I would say the as long as you are upfront about any priors (which you have been) you should not have a problem selling. In this market I could see the car going for 25 to 30k.

What? I'll take two for $38k.

Custom Builder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I missed the 04 for 38K, I figured it would sit a week or so. With a car like that selling for what it did recently it would push a car with a dirty title to somewhere in the 20's.

V

Venomiss

Why not take out an ad since it's free for you as a VCA member. Someone will be interested in it for sure.

OP
OP
V

VIPER08

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this car wont be selling anywhere in the $20s ..... wrecked ones go for that.

the title on this car is clean, but just has a 'rebuilt' brand on it. with only 4600 miles on it. pics will be taken today (tons)

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score

the title on this car is clean, but just has a 'rebuilt' brand on it. with only 4600 miles on it. pics will be taken today (tons)

i would say $40k. i got rid of my 2001 rt/10 that i hit and sold it for $38k after i put it back together. but it didnt have a salavage title but had more miles than you did. i think that you shouldnt have a problem getting between $37-40k

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I hope you do get what the car is really worth which is hopefully a lot more than $20s. Depending on the severity of the original damage and how it was repaired will play a big factor in value perception. Having a salvage history show up on a car report is like the kiss of death. Instantly the car becomes a red-headed step child to the prospective buyer.

OP
OP
V

VIPER08

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope you do get what the car is really worth which is hopefully a lot more than $20s. Depending on the severity of the original damage and how it was repaired will play a big factor in value perception. Having a salvage history show up on a car report is like the kiss of death. Instantly the car becomes a red-headed step child to the prospective buyer.

i totally understand that. and Im not trying to 'make out' on the car or anything. but I'll drive it off a cliff for 20-some-K .. that's just not happening.
it has a history to it, but its probably 40-50% LESS then retail as well. the title is clear at this point and it doesnt have any frame damage, or anything serious. here are some pics.

Attachments

• IMG_2998.jpg
    IMG_2998.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3001.jpg
    IMG_3001.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3028.jpg
    IMG_3028.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3030.jpg
    IMG_3030.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3031.jpg
    IMG_3031.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 9
OP
OP
V

VIPER08

Enthusiast
Reaction score
more pics ....

Attachments

• IMG_3033.jpg
    IMG_3033.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3036.jpg
    IMG_3036.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3037.jpg
    IMG_3037.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3038.jpg
    IMG_3038.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 7

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At this point in time i have seen absolutely mint 04 with low miles in the 42-44 and mint low mileage 03s in the 38-42 range.Your problem is even though your car is a year newer you are going to basically compete with the nice 03s out there in the high 30s-low40s with clean titles(An 03 and an 04 are virtually the same car).Basically you are going to have to be substantially cheaper than what somebody could by a low mileage 03 for.My estimate 32-34 grand provided all the work was done first rate