MIGHT INSTALL NX KIT ON MY SRT10 DO I NEED TO RETARD TIMING..

5THVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am thinking about installing a nx kit on my car, 150 shot. do I need to install a anything else or do I need to retard any timing and is a 150 shot safe. And how are the half shafts I have had older vipers and I know they are weak on them. I will run it at the drag strip with some drag radials so do I need to beef any weak links...

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you plan on going to the drag stip with drag radials, with a 150 shot. I would probably beef up the half shafts. But thats just me, Im sure others with more experience will chime in.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a good safety tip to run 1-2 heat ranges colder spark plugs with a 150 shot. You don't need to retard timing, but I chose to run a window switch instead on manual nitrous activation for safety. And make sure to do dyno tuning to dial in a safe A/F ratio (and to optimize the power).

It's not that the halfshafts are weak, it's just when you really crank up the torque past 600 RWTQ something has got to give.
I run on street tires, so it's the tires spinning that takes up the extra energy, but if you run drag radials then the car will hook right up and either the halfshafts (U-joints), the clutch, the differential, or the transmission will be taking that powerful shock. And you have to decide what you want to break under that load. :(

On many cars the Viper's drivetrain can take the abuse OK, but if you get wheelhop then things can break quickly.