Might sound kinda dumb

jordan01GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a sapphire striped Gts, I work at a print shop and I want to print out a large picture of my car, but I have a crap camera and need it to be a high resolution. Would anyone be willing to let me use a picture of theres?

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
Wouldn't you be happier to say "That is my car" instead of "I have a car like that"?

Get a good camera - with a car like yours, you will need one.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2 more options:

-borrow someones camera

-have someone with a good cammera take pictures of your car

There are PLENTY of ameture photagraphers out there with nice professional equipement that would be more than happy to shot your car for free or a small fee.

My friend is in a photagraphy club where a group of ametures meet up to talk about equipment/techniques ect.. then take a random trip somewhere to all take pictures. All for FUN. They all have normal day jobs. Their high-end equipment is just toys to them. (Similar to how our RaceCars are toys to us(most of us arnt professional race car drivers.)

If you cant get a connection with someone through friends or co-workers then post an ad on craigslist :2tu:

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
or just park somewhere and wait for someone to come walking up with a camera :lmao:

im serious:)

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Or just tell me what background (Racetrack, mountains, lake, snow, yellow trees, Autox) you'd like and I could send you one of my really good shots taken with my Canon (old XSi) or T1i Hi-res.

If you don't have Silver Stripes, ... You could use a heatgun and add vinyl stripes or paint them on. LOL. Search the Sapphire threads and ask some of the members who's id shows a plain Sapphire car. Leslie may have some pics from before she painted the stripes onto her GTS? There are 2 Sapphire plain GTSs in Alberta.

Ted

RapidTransit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would think using a low res camera on 24th scale die cast would turn out good enough:lmao:. But really, If you really have the real thing then a decent camera purchase shouldn't be a problem. And really...pics of someone else's?:nono:

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I betcha that if you go to the next ViperClub meeting in your area that someone will have a good quality camera there, and be more than willing to take a shot in RAW.

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
FYI, next IL meeting is on May 5.

If you register soon, you could also join us for the winter fest on Feb 13.

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Although mine is not stripped and it has ACR wheels, feel free to take one from my gallery. It is only for your use and not for sale though. If you take a shot from the side, you will not be able to tell the lack of stripes. You could also photoshop in the wheels. You then have your exact car.

Best regards,

Plaw

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been thinking about joining, Where do you usually hold your meetings?

Meetings are held at Fuddruckers in Schaumburg, every first Wednesday of the month [April/May - Sept/Oct].

The Winter Fest is on Feb 13th at the Schaumburg Marriot.

Check out illinoisvipers.com for more local club activities.

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
Just checked the distance to Sch from Beecher - ~60 miles. FYI, that is nothing compared to 3 hrs plus driving that some of our members do to attend our meetings each month.

OP
OP
J

jordan01GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well heres the finished product, its a 16x20 on canvas streched over 3/4 strecher bar, looks awesome. let me know what you think.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
J

jordan01GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah I work for a web-based company and we specialize in creating canvas art out of your photographs. We can put anything you would want on canvas. I can do up to abou 50" wide on canvas, and can be very long. It looks good in the picture, but it still does not do it justice, it looks great. Cant wait to hang this one up. If you want any more info, or more pics of work we've done let me know

OP
OP
J

jordan01GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I like those pictures, one of those might be a good one for the garage. You still intrested in having me send one to you. Not sure what shipping will be but we'll figure it out.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Send a PM to Photog1. He is a Illinois VCA member and lives in the central part of the state. He's a great guy and a professional photographer! Paging Photog1... are you out there? Someone needs your help! :)

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Send a PM to Photog1. He is a Illinois VCA member and lives in the central part of the state. He's a great guy and a professional photographer! Paging Photog1... are you out there? Someone needs your help! :)

PHOTOG1 (Rob) and ZDIGITAL (Scott) are both professional photographers from the IL VCA club and live near Peoria. Rob always goes to the monthly VCA meetings in Schaumburg.