Might trade 09 Vette on 97 GTS. Opinion...

OP
OP
W

wazslow

Enthusiast
Reaction score
haha, I was gonna say- instead of telling you, I was just gonna show you...lol

Here is a picture I took on my blackberry from last month when I had to get at the battery ;)

You must be registered for see images

Definitly good to know!

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
haha, I was gonna say- instead of telling you, I was just gonna show you...lol

Here is a picture I took on my blackberry from last month when I had to get at the battery ;)

You must be registered for see images

See that you've got brakes installed. Impressed now?

Ted

V

Venomiss

Since the car is from Ohio maybe see if someone from that area knows anything about the car first.
Mission

Then a suggestion might be to contact someone from your local area in PA and ask for a ride in one first to see if this is something you are interested in. Coming from a car that has 1500 miles might be a bit of a shock.

PA/WV VIPER CLUB ::

There are many owners here who have both Vette and Viper.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
And ... if that one doesn't work out ... I have a 2000 Paxton supercharged GTS ACR/Amercian Club Racer with everything done to perfection for 600rwhp driving and 802rwhp on Nitrous Oxide. Should be 10sec on new street tires and 9 sec on DRs with Nitrous.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYZcEfAhgCA[/media]

ACR, Paxton supercharged NOS = 802rwhp - ViperClub Classifieds

I entered a car show a couple weeks ago and brought home the first place trophy.

Ted

sniper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ditto on the gold wheels, they gotta go. Keep the vette as a daily driver and get the Viper to cruise and do shows and maybe some track days.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you will LOVE the Viper, GET IT.

I have had 6 vettes, got the Viper and I have never looked back.

OP
OP
W

wazslow

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look like this one isnt going to happen. My payment is going to go up $100+ a month which still boggles my mind...lol. I owe 25,000 on my car which they valued at 36,500 which is 11,500 in equity. So with a price of 36,000 for the viper I dont get how may payment would be $600 + for 60 months....

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look like this one isnt going to happen. My payment is going to go up $100+ a month which still boggles my mind...lol. I owe 25,000 on my car which they valued at 36,500 which is 11,500 in equity. So with a price of 36,000 for the viper I dont get how may payment would be $600 + for 60 months....

Interest rate? You would be financing an OLD car though as far as banks are concerned. I would say the 11,500 in "down payment" is the only reason they would give you an auto loan on that car in the first place. Especially for 60 months.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So why refinance? Merely have the lein transfered and keep the loan. Pay the couple thousand cash they need to show a profit directly to them.

Ted

OP
OP
W

wazslow

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I may either sell the vette out right and get a Viper or just pay off the vette quicker and then look for a Viper to add next to it in the garage.

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
See that you've got brakes installed. Impressed now?

Ted

I love my big brake kit! I ordered it all last year from Dave's Big Brakes. I actually did the exact same complete setup as Dave6666 did(Wheels/Tires/Brake Kit), except besides the rotors coming slotted, I also had them drilled for an extra $100.. I don't track my car, or at least haven't yet so I'm not worried about them cracking, I went for the look :smirk:

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think it only makes sense to get a brand new car to sell after it's highest year of depreciation if money is not an issue. Some people can do that; I know I cannot. I would wait until it makes good financial sense to move to the viper.

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PenFed is awesome, I used it for my Viper loan, I also used it for a $6,000 personal loan towards Viper upgrades haha. My dad used it to get a personal loan. The guy I bought my Viper off of, used it to refinance his Bentley, and he forwarded to his friend to use for an auto loan. I highly recommend them. There was a thread on this I posted way back in 2008, where people suggested PenFed to me. It was actually "AFL in NJ" who referred me, I have a photographic memory. :D

OP
OP
W

wazslow

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PenFed is awesome, I used it for my Viper loan, I also used it for a $6,000 personal loan towards Viper upgrades haha. My dad used it to get a personal loan. The guy I bought my Viper off of, used it to refinance his Bentley, and he forwarded to his friend to use for an auto loan. I highly recommend them. There was a thread on this I posted way back in 2008, where people suggested PenFed to me. It was actually "AFL in NJ" who referred me, I have a photographic memory. :D

Any idea how this would work with me already having the corvette financed? I dont want PenFed to think I am trying to get an additional car. I would be trading in the corvette. My best bet is probably to sell this vette first, have a check in hand for the equity I have in the car and then go from there I guess.

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any idea how this would work with me already having the corvette financed? I dont want PenFed to think I am trying to get an additional car. I would be trading in the corvette. My best bet is probably to sell this vette first, have a check in hand for the equity I have in the car and then go from there I guess.

Just call up PenFed and ask them about it. They have really good customer service.

Obviously the best way to go about this though, is selling the Vette first, having all your money together and then using PenFed for any additional money you might need for a loan to put towards the car. You really can't beat 3.99% on a 1997 car.

I saved up and dropped $15,000 as my down payment and then took an auto loan out from Pen Fed for the rest of the cash.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So your not gonna get the car because of 100 bucks...

when I went from my vette to my viper my payments went up $300 a month..You gotta pay to play and in your case a GTS is so much kooler than a base vette it's disturbing..

perhaps this vid will get you to reconsider...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC00E3KXWPo&playnext_from=TL&videos=xWp0aO00GU4[/media]

Look at how awesome the GTS looks in comparison to that vette..Now tell me sir..That isnt worth 100 bucks????

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
4K too much for the Viper and 4K too little for your vette. If red is your color I would wait and get a newer GEN II such as a 2002 for slightly more. Also sell the vette first.

scottmcc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was at the bank last weekend and a guy with a 2010 vette was parked next to my 97 RT/10. He waited until I came out of the bank to see who owned the Viper. He said he was torn between buying a Viper and a Vette but didnt think he could afford a Viper. He chose the vette obviously but had no Idea my Viper was 13 years old. I let him sit in it and drool.. He had only owned his Vette for two months when I told him that he was drooling over a 13 year old car and that he could have purchased this Viper for less than his new vette. By the time we left the parking lot he had decided to sell the vette and look for a Viper. If he offered to trade me straight across I would have said no. I have only had my Viper for two months and I have had more than 1 vette admirer. The girls at the bank actually came out to see the viper and totally ignored the vette.. I think that was the straw the broke the camels back in making his decision..

If you like driving a car that has raw power with no ammenities and that gets an ungodly amount of attention then get the Viper. If you want a car thats easy to drive that looks great and has a great ride (Compared to the Viper) then stay with the Vette. I to was torn between buying a new vette or Viper and test drove both... Spent 30 minutes test driving the viper and not only experienced the power and performance of the car but the enormous attention that came along with just driving the damn thing.. Its a high that never goes away. Can't explain it until you experience it. BUY THE VIPER..

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'd never ever buy a vette. But if you had enough money to add to your trade for my Paxton supercharged 802 2000 ACR I'd consider trade. I'd have NO problem NOT driving the vette while waiting for a buyer.

Spent the weekend with a couple of ex-vette owners. They had so much fun that one of them is buying his Paxton sc'd coupe right now and giving the stock 05 to his wife. The other guy is clearing all his weekends for Wstrn Cda VCA events. 1 Viper is fun and a couple or more is amazing experience. VCA Viper events are unmatched by any other car clubs.

Ted

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do what it takes to get a Viper . You will love your decision. Always smarter to sell privately rather than trade it . You will usually get more for your car that way . I had a Vette and moved up to a Viper and never looked back . Still like Vettes but Love Vipers .

2000acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your vette is worth high 30's- that viper is worth 30k max- Dont deal with a dealer-

sell the vette yourself- then get a viper you want- it would cost 2k just to swap the ugly wheels out.

Red Devil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i Was At The Bank Last Weekend And A Guy With A 2010 Vette Was Parked Next To My 97 Rt/10. He Waited Until I Came Out Of The Bank To See Who Owned The Viper. He Said He Was Torn Between Buying A Viper And A Vette But Didnt Think He Could Afford A Viper. He Chose The Vette Obviously But Had No Idea My Viper Was 13 Years Old. I Let Him Sit In It And Drool.. He Had Only Owned His Vette For Two Months When I Told Him That He Was Drooling Over A 13 Year Old Car And That He Could Have Purchased This Viper For Less Than His New Vette. By The Time We Left The Parking Lot He Had Decided To Sell The Vette And Look For A Viper. If He Offered To Trade Me Straight Across I Would Have Said No. I Have Only Had My Viper For Two Months And I Have Had More Than 1 Vette Admirer. The Girls At The Bank Actually Came Out To See The Viper And Totally Ignored The Vette.. I Think That Was The Straw The Broke The Camels Back In Making His Decision..

If You Like Driving A Car That Has Raw Power With No Ammenities And That Gets An Ungodly Amount Of Attention Then Get The Viper. If You Want A Car Thats Easy To Drive That Looks Great And Has A Great Ride (compared To The Viper) Then Stay With The Vette. I To Was Torn Between Buying A New Vette Or Viper And Test Drove Both... Spent 30 Minutes Test Driving The Viper And Not Only Experienced The Power And Performance Of The Car But The Enormous Attention That Came Along With Just Driving The Damn Thing.. Its A High That Never Goes Away. Can't Explain It Until You Experience It. Buy The Viper..

I Agree 100%. Buy The Viper!!!!

Treviso

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would look for a newer Viper (2008 and up). I just don't think that it is a good swap for you, regardless of what money is exchanged. I have both a 2002 GTS Final Edition and a 2010 Roadster, both completely stock. While both are amazing machines, the 2010 is a better, faster, more impressive machine. Your 09 Vette is a great machine as well. Go for something newer than a '97. A '97 is still a 13 year old car and things go wrong on 13 year old cars. You are used to brand spankin' new where you just get in and drive. Get something newer... I think that in the long run, you will be happier that you did.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shoot me a pm if you want some ideas on where to sell the vette.

I just helped a few friends get rid of theirs so they could be in a Viper.

otterbeinjumper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yea, I hear you. Im not going to trade straight up. My car had a $62,*** MSRP and is only a year old. I think I may be able to get this Viper in the $33,000 range, but Im not sure what they will give me for my car...

The dealer with the Red GTS is giving me rough prices tonight without seeing my car obviously I wont be able to get an exact price. At least I will be able to see if Im in the ballpark.[/QUOT

It's hard to walk away once you made the trip if the car isn't what you expected. Find a local one to test out first!

OP
OP
W

wazslow

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So your not gonna get the car because of 100 bucks...

when I went from my vette to my viper my payments went up $300 a month..You gotta pay to play and in your case a GTS is so much kooler than a base vette it's disturbing..

perhaps this vid will get you to reconsider...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC00E3KXWPo&playnext_from=TL&videos=xWp0aO00GU4[/media]

Look at how awesome the GTS looks in comparison to that vette..Now tell me sir..That isnt worth 100 bucks????

No, it makes no sense to get rid of a car with more value for a car with less value and pay more money. No matter what it looks like.