Mini Me! (more pics, of course)

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A good friend of mine is one of the premiere model builders in the country. When he heard I got a new Viper he asked my wife to send some photos to him on the sly. Well, Friday was my birthday (42, thank you very much) and he stopped by with this as a birthday present. Check it out!

You must be registered for see images

Yep, he even did the fade on the sides! This baby is in 1:18 scale and he also did some serious detailing on the interior:

He didn't have the original car to work with, so the yellow is a slightly different shade. And yes, it has nice, soft rubber tires - no marks on the hood!

The model had drilled rotors and he didn't mess with them. Did a very nice job of matching the "smoke chrome". Also, while he was going to paint the brake calipers red, they turn with the wheel. He decided that looked a little goofy and left them black:

Did I mention the interior? He did the stitching on the back of the seats and even added the "suede" inserts...

And best of all, not only did he do the correct floor mat logos on the floors, but he even added the serial number badge, albeit slightly larger so you could read the numbers when you grab the magnifying glass:

He is a heck of a great guy and does some nice details indeed. I know he helped some other owners on these forums get some custom models, including some Steel Gray 2000's using the actual factory paint. Pretty slick! My thanks to Jeff and my lovely bride for making my desk look as good as our garage!

Chris

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dang I want one of those too :eek: :eek: :eek: Any chance that you can hook me up with this guy?

Dennis, get in here already :D !

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW! That is truley awesome! All diecast???

Body is all diecast, including opening hood & trunk. Engine is also detailed and is plastic. This baby is HEAVY and just looks awesome!

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW! That is truley awesome! All diecast???

Body is all diecast, including opening hood & trunk. Engine is also detailed and is plastic. This baby is HEAVY and just looks awesome!

Seriously now, I can provide your good friend with an AutoArt SRT-10 in 1:18 as a base, do you think he can make it look like your model :laugh: ?

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments and compliments. Jeff is an outstanding guy and his early claim to fame was restoring old diecast cars to their original condition - in 1/64 scale! In other words, his attention to detail is just amazing.

I let him know that some people might be interested in having him do customs for them as well. He said he could do a few for folks if he doesn't get swamped with orders. He can do custom paint jobs and most custom interiors. He does not have the time to build custom parts (wheels, spoilers, etc.) that I know of, but money talks. ;) You can supply him with the model (AutoArt, etc.) or he can purchase one on your behalf. Expect to pay between $75 and $100 for most of his custom work on a 1/18 scale (model not included), depending on the detail you are looking for. He will buy the factory paints from Dodge and/or have it mixed to Dodge specs for the year in question. He already offered to repaint mine to the correct color - which I am told is actually Prowler Yellow!

I will PM his e-mail address to those that have already expressed an interest in getting a custom model done for their own collection. I would normally post it here, but some of the spambots pick up on them in public forums. Please let me know if you would like his information and thanks again for all of the compliments.

Chris

PS. He also is building a display case for me with a replica decal of my actual VCA SRT-10 serial number badge. Should look awesome!

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the pm man :2tu: Could you please look into pictures of his other work? I wanna drool some more :D I have a tip for even better detail, it's a "been there, done that" for me but I believe he can do a better job at it. Here's what I did to my model. Maybe he can make your own license plate as well ;) :

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe he can make your own license plate as well.

Actually, that is one of the things he does - he just didn't have a plate for mine when he built it since it was new and had no plate. He is already working on it... ;)

Thanks again!

Chris

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qdog