Mirror Vibration

Rich Bontempi

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a problem with the rear view mirror that is attached to the windshield on my 03 SRT-10. From day one of picking up the car new, the mirror vibrates enough while driving at 45 mph approx or more, that you can't tell exactly what kind of cars are behind you. Obviously this is not good, while you are watching your mirrors. Both door mirrors are rock solid, but not the windshield mirror. I brought my SRT into the dodge dealer for warranty replacement of the mirror in question. The viper tech drove my car,he saw what I was talking about and put on a new mirror. Unfortunately the new mirror did the same thing. He then drove two new SRT's that they had in the lot and the mirrors on both of those SRT's did the same thing. They said they would check with the factory, and get back to be, but I haven't heard from them yet and it's been a month or so. Is anyone else having the same vibration on the windshield mirror? It's very annoying, and I'm sure I'm not the only one!

djemcee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never really paid enough attention. I guess I will look next time I drive it and let you know.

Chris

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No problem with mine. Cowl shake is significantly less with the SRT than my RT/10.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hey Rich,

Mine does vibrate some too, dending upon where it is adjusted to. I was iritated by this and adjusted the entire mirror up. Try pushing up on the mirror at the joint closest to the windshield, then adjust the front to your liking. Most of the vibration is now gone, but it's still not perfect. Give this a try. :2tu:

Dan

As yes, I watch behind me more driving this car than driving any of my others.

Mark M. Rankin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the same problem on my 04. I had an old Jag V12 (stop laughing) that did this. We fabricated a rubber wedge for the mirror edges and it stopped. You could not adjust the mirror as it was glued in place to the rubber wedges on the end, but the shaking stopped.

At night, the shaking on my 04 makes the cars behind me look like they have flashing lights -- a problem that will reduce the life of my brake pads if I don't get this fixed.

Mark

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang