Modifications for MP PCM on a 94

shelbynut

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My Viper is one of the earlier models (94) which has 2 pcm's under the hood. Anyone ever heard of anyone making an adapter cable so that us early viper owners blessed with 2 computers could plug in a later model, single MP computer? Always been a fan of the MP computers, had them in my Turbo cars, just got one for my son-in-law for his Neon for christmas, would like to put one in my Viper.... :2tu:

Jay

OP
OP
S

shelbynut

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok, guess I am pioneering on this one....I am going to check out the schematics for the computer pinouts for both the 94 dual computer setup and a 96 single computer setup and see if I can make my own "conversion" cable.

Should I be successful in building this cable, anyone know of any differences between the 94 engine and the 96 engine that might stop this project in its tracks?

As usual, any input would be appreciated!

Jay

vprtech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are really set on changing over the pcm's , you could get a body harness from a 96 RT10 . The 96 RT10 has the gen 1 motor , but uses a jtec for obd2 compliance . You would also have to change the cam gear , as the trigger patterns are different , I think the crank trigger would be ok . Some of the early cars had 8 volt cam and crank sensors , I am not certain that would be an issue though .

From my experience , I think you would be better off having your stock pcm recalibrated. The mopar pcm would more than likely not have the ideal tune for your engine . Please feel free to call me regarding this.

- Chris

(310)841-6996

npeifer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you are really set on changing over the pcm's , you could get a body harness from a 96 RT10 . The 96 RT10 has the gen 1 motor , but uses a jtec for obd2 compliance . You would also have to change the cam gear , as the trigger patterns are different , I think the crank trigger would be ok . Some of the early cars had 8 volt cam and crank sensors , I am not certain that would be an issue though .

From my experience , I think you would be better off having your stock pcm recalibrated. The mopar pcm would more than likely not have the ideal tune for your engine . Please feel free to call me regarding this.

- Chris

(310)841-6996

When I talked to Dan at DC about my 96 RT/10 he said he could reprogram my PCm and get some minor gains out of it.