Modifications to a 2002

rgavitt2002

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got a brand new 2002 Graphite in June, added Mopar Borla cat back exhaust and brake pads. Broke it in nice and slow as required. Now have 2400 miles, want to add more power. So, before I slap on a supercharger, do I add K&N cones w/ smooth tubes within the airbox, or just the K&N filters in stock air box. I have looked at older posts about headers and cats. Still a little confused. Does anyone have a 2002 w/ headers and hi-flo cats? I still want to pass emmissions, and I don't want to have to move, shim or mess w/ motor mounts. Also concerned about check engine light problems. Thanks for any and all help.
rgavitt2002

S

SUN RA KAT

I have a 2002 GTS with Belanger Headers & Random Tech Ultra high Flow Cats (for 525+ HP), along with a Corsa 3"to 4" Tipped Cat Back. I also have Sean Roe Smooth Tubes with S&B Air Filters.
I haven't had to do an emission test yet. The exhaust system has never thrown an engine code. I had Woodhouse Viper put it on before I even flew out to pick it up and drive it home following the strict break in proceedure. I added a Sean Roe VEC1 to the above and then did a dyno baseline run because all the above was in preperation for the Sean Roe Supercharger System. I dynoed at 436 HP and 480 Torque. I'm pretty sure that if you have Cats - even ultra high flow - that you will pass emission teating. I've added the Sean Roe Supercharger almost a month ago. I got a Yellow Viper, but I almost got a Graphite one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi