mods that can still be used with a twin turbo setup?

Darth Menace

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, not long ago I read the thread here about that company that does the TT viper setup for $13000'ish. I'm planning on doing that in the near future but want to feed my modding addiction until then. I was wondering what mods can I do now that can be used also with a TT setup? I am no pro, but all I can think of is catback systems. To the best of my knowledge TT setups even have their own headers. Are there any mods out there that I can do now that can still be useful with TT? It seems like a better way to not piss money away.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you're dying to start modding, and know you're going TT in the future, start with strengthening weak links and adding safety items.
Quaife differential and upgraded half-shafts. You're definitely going to want both when you up the power with the TT kit.
On top of those, you can start with harnesses in the car, etc.

hyph

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you are talking about the new RSI system coming out then it utilizes your stock exhaust manifolds. I don't think an exhaust is worth it, considering that most turbo systems come with their own custom exhaust as well. Somethings you might want to look at are:

- LSD
- Half Shafts
- Upgraded clutch (Twin or Triple Disc)
- Tires
- Brakes
- Stand Alone Engine Management (Although can be tuned from SCT)
- Motor/ Trans Mounts
- AB's Plug wires with heat sheilds

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
13ish hmm I guess its possible but after diff, axles, brakes tires and all other things it might be a tad more.

OP
OP
D

Darth Menace

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya, I'm thinking to do the roe pin kit and new tranny/engine mounts, and a thermostat (I don't like how hot the viper runs) over the winter. I was meaning more performance mods, but it looks like there aren't many that properly line up with a tt setup. Also thinking of getting the intake honed (sorry if its not proper viper language)...

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just an FYI, you won't be ******* in the wind doing a TT setup, you'll be shooting a water cannon in a tornado. 13 K will barely get some of the mods these guys have listed for you. You'd be better off dropping 60 K, which is chump change on some other dudes 180K nightmare. Just say'n..............

OP
OP
D

Darth Menace

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are talking about the new RSI system coming out then it utilizes your stock exhaust manifolds. I don't think an exhaust is worth it, considering that most turbo systems come with their own custom exhaust as well. Somethings you might want to look at are:

- LSD
- Half Shafts
- Upgraded clutch (Twin or Triple Disc)
- Tires
- Brakes
- Stand Alone Engine Management (Although can be tuned from SCT)
- Motor/ Trans Mounts
- AB's Plug wires with heat sheilds

I tried to find the rsi website, but I think the websites I found were not that rsi racing ones. Do you know what rsi stands for

hyph

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It is call will@rsi. System has not been formally released yet.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456