Mopar "650HP" pkg installed

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just drop a stocker in a miata and be done if you want more hp.. that will boost you to about 1200 hp....

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like some real useful info. from Dan. I think Upgraded is trying to do the right thing as well, yet seems to be overly passionate about his friends (that's cool too). It'll actually be really cool to see some real numbers from this package from Mopar. Regardless of what is being stated, I really feel this kit is a bargain and an excellent starting point for a N/A car. It would be really cool if the rest of the posts were just about the kit. If someone has the kit I'd love to see some closeup pics of the heads intake and all the goodies included. It would be nice to see some comparison shots of these parts vs. stock Gen III. Thanks...........

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thread from the Dead!

Am I the only one who finds it HILARIOUS that the "Upgraded" guy disappeared immediately after this thread?

Tom Sessions hit the nail on the head for sure, hahaha

dester243

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow. 71 hp for over 10k in mods is disappointing. Did anything else ever go on with the guy's setup? Like did he retune it or throw a cam in ??? Intrigued if the cam did pick up the other "75 hp"

Viktimize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thread from the Dead!

Am I the only one who finds it HILARIOUS that the "Upgraded" guy disappeared immediately after this thread?

Tom Sessions hit the nail on the head for sure, hahaha

Well to be fair, he didn't exactly get much of a warm welcome. And you treated him pretty arrogantly all because he wanted to follow the manufactures directions for upgrading a fuel pump. Not defending any of his replies after that point, but he really didn't do anything to deserve the treatment you gave him right off the hop.

Ontopic- I'd sure love to see some more dyno charts from this package. I have all winter to figure out what I'm going to do. I wanted to go the GG route, but the price on this kit with a Venom discount is kind of hard to ignore.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if Roes 710 cam would work with this kit!!! So close to pulling the trigger just need more info.
That is what I have been considering as well.

With all the newer cars having 124484511245 horsepower and whatever, I can't overtake them on the straights anymore. The ZR1's and the like pull away from me on the long straights and coming out of the corners. I always catch them with late braking and higher corner speed, but am at a disadvantage after the turns. (like the Miata syndrome.....now I know how they feel)

700-ish HP would fix that I think.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well to be fair, he didn't exactly get much of a warm welcome. And you treated him pretty arrogantly all because he wanted to follow the manufactures directions for upgrading a fuel pump. Not defending any of his replies after that point, but he really didn't do anything to deserve the treatment you gave him right off the hop.

You may want to go read this one from the beginning. I was in no way disrespectful to this guy in my first few replies. It wasn't until he started to come off as an arrogant know-it-all who happened to be completely incorrect, at which point I returned the favor.

You also need to keep in mind that when I was posting replies to this thread, I was currently NOT sponsoring this website, and was under my old username. That is why I kept telling him to "figure out who he was talking to", as I am the designer of one of the earliest and most complete versions of this package. He refused to take the hint, and I was unable to just come out and say that due to forum rules. There was also some behind the scenes action on this one.

There is a bit more to it my friend :2tu:

Viktimize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is what I have been considering as well.

With all the newer cars having 124484511245 horsepower and whatever, I can't overtake them on the straights anymore. The ZR1's and the like pull away from me on the long straights and coming out of the corners. I always catch them with late braking and higher corner speed, but am at a disadvantage after the turns. (like the Miata syndrome.....now I know how they feel)

700-ish HP would fix that I think.

Have you changed your rear gears yet? Might help a little more with acceleration.

Viktimize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You may want to go read this one from the beginning. I was in no way disrespectful to this guy in my first few replies. It wasn't until he started to come off as an arrogant know-it-all who happened to be completely incorrect, at which point I returned the favor.

You also need to keep in mind that when I was posting replies to this thread, I was currently NOT sponsoring this website, and was under my old username. That is why I kept telling him to "figure out who he was talking to", as I am the designer of one of the earliest and most complete versions of this package. He refused to take the hint, and I was unable to just come out and say that due to forum rules. There was also some behind the scenes action on this one.

There is a bit more to it my friend :2tu:

Guess we all see things through different sets of eyes. You might be seeing it differently because you know how you meant it to come across. But standing on the outside it looked like someone being passive aggressive to call a guy stupid without actually saying it. in any sense, I don't care too much about it. I'm sure I've come off the wrong way on more than one occasion. But I'm more concerned with getting you to tune my car for me so I quit wreaking of rich exhaust gas every time I go for a 10 minute drive. I have to carry cologne around with me every where I go. lol

madninjaskillz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guess we all see things through different sets of eyes. You might be seeing it differently because you know how you meant it to come across. But standing on the outside it looked like someone being passive aggressive to call a guy stupid without actually saying it. in any sense, I don't care too much about it. I'm sure I've come off the wrong way on more than one occasion. But I'm more concerned with getting you to tune my car for me so I quit wreaking of rich exhaust gas every time I go for a 10 minute drive. I have to carry cologne around with me every where I go. lol

As an innocent bystander, I think he came across helpful at first and was trying to save the guy money he didn't need to spend. Upgraded responded quite defensively from the start and it escalated from there. The majority of the posters also agreed with this assessment.

Viktimize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As an innocent bystander, I think he came across helpful at first and was trying to save the guy money he didn't need to spend. Upgraded responded quite defensively from the start and it escalated from there. The majority of the posters also agreed with this assessment.

Yup, you get that whole "ol boys club" thing in all sorts of places.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This.

You'll find that the vendors who pay to be here will try their best to give helpful advice to members. It is why we are here. We usually learn things from past mistakes, or having more knowledge about the Viper than most people. Most people appreciate this. Some people get defensive and act like they know better. Dan was trying to help.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you changed your rear gears yet? Might help a little more with acceleration.
No.
If this was a street driven car only, and I was 'roll racing guys on the highway', I would have done that already.
This has become pretty much a dedicated road course car. I think the 3.07 gear works good for that. Running side by side with the Z06's you can tell what the gearing (and weight) advantage does. They are 3.42. They can slowly gain ground at some parts of the long straight, and are out of the corners just a little harder, but not that much. They also have a little higher revving motor to help with the frequent shifting issue. -this is what I would be afraid of with my car if I were to swap gears. I don't want to be bouncing off the rev limiter right before each turn, and I don't want to up shift for the last 100 feet right before a turn and then get on the brakes.
Rather than modding the car to be faster, I have been strongly focused on learning how to drive the car better to get lap times down. Tires, brakes, track alignment, and lots of seat time have made the car faster. The only reason I consider the head/cam upgrade is that it would help even things out with the newer and modded cars having so much advantage on the straights.
But then again, I'm not actually racing, just having fun.........but it is not fun getting passed by other cars that are not Vipers.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rather than modding the car to be faster, I have been strongly focused on learning how to drive the car better to get lap times down. Tires, brakes, track alignment, and lots of seat time have made the car faster.

You're doing it wrong!!! EVERYONE knows the best way to get the fastest lap times to build a ton of horsepower and hit the track! Experience, tires and brakes don't mean #$%^! ;)

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're doing it wrong!!! EVERYONE knows the best way to get the fastest lap times to build a ton of horsepower and hit the track! Experience, tires and brakes don't mean #$%^! ;)
:rolaugh:Yeah, that's what a lot of other guys do.
Those are the ones with higher powered cars that I can smoke in the turns, but can't get passed on the straights. :mad:

.............when I started doing this, I was one of those guys. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
F

FastMatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has still nobody installed one of these kits on a viper? nearly 2 yrs later? Mopar needs better people in there marketing department. What a waist.

pony23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ACRucrazy,
Thanks for the video. Do you know if there is a cam installed on that car in the video? Also noticed that he had the COP valve covers. Do you know if he swapped over to COP or just there for cosmetics?

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
All Gen-4 conversions have the COP covers, but we are the only ones to make them functional with a true COP [technically CNP] system from the Gen-4 as far as I know:2tu:

Last edited:

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know, stuff I found online while researching it a while back.

Getnlwr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here ya go....

Did someone actually do this? - As crazy as it sounds... I like it. Cut hole in carbon fiber hood and go. Something really old school about it, but **** at the same time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave