Mopar ECU Gen IV issues?

Rolling Thunder

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Have read every thread I think on this mod and most seem to recommend, but a few mentioned detonation and idle issues. Just curious whether these are rare exceptions or have others had bad experiences with the Mopar ECU?

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Don't have anything negative to report after 12,000 track miles, 3,000 street miles on Mopar Race Controller.

Viper X

VCA Officer
Reaction score
ARe you putting 93 oct fuel in the car? It is required for the MOPAR PCM.

Car runs fine on 91 for the street but I do mix about 50 / 50 with 100 octane for the track, more on a hot day, for a "dyno day" or on a high speed track.

OP
OP
R

Rolling Thunder

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I only use 93, which is premium here in Texas. I don't have the ECU yet, but am considering it along with some exhaust mods.

F

FrgMstr

Had the Mopar ECU in my car for several months now, 2008 Vert, no issues at all on street or at the track.

Reaction score
Most if not all of the perceived "issues" were do to install/calibration at the dealer level, some were even sent back to verify this and when the instructions were properly followed to the letter all was fine. The instructions are detailed in the box for this reason, but some Techs think they know it all and bypass them.

Viper X

VCA Officer
Reaction score
I only use 93, which is premium here in Texas. I don't have the ECU yet, but am considering it along with some exhaust mods.

You all are luck to have 93 as premium. All we can get here in Kalifornia is 91 octane unless we go to 100 unleaded which is available but is pricey.

Dan