MOPAR Race Engine Controller

jpas

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What does DC use to reflash the PCM? Can he adjust the fuel trims and the timing? The VEC2 can only adjust the fuel. What other options are there for controlling the timing and the fuel trims other then an AEM?

HPTUNERS apprently are working on a package for the Viper, similar to their LSX software. This is what they told me at the SEMA show.

I thought the VEC2 was able to advance the timing also ...

We have our own set up to reflash the pcm . Yes we can adjust the fuel trims and timing .

The AEM is a stand alone pcm . Other options include Perfect Power (can only remove timing) , Dastek Unichip (unreliable for srt's) , and split second (can only remove timing) , VEC2 (timing and fuel - best piggy back out there for the viper) , APEXi safc , etc . I don't recommend any piggyback fuel control on the 04 and up SRT vehicles due to the fueling strategies these cars have . If you are going for timing control , something like the VEC2 should work well .

- Chris @ DC Performance

Hi Chris, thanks for the response. What does your own setup used to flash the PCM consist of? Is it a DRMII?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There is some confusion about the a/c function with the mopar race controller . Your a/c will work with this controller . The problem with the race controller is that it does not talk to the a/c control module . The race controller (engine control module) is what controls the radiator fan . Normally , when you turn on the a/c , the a/c module shares that info with the engine control module , and commands the radiator fan to increase it's speed to pull air through the a/c condenser . Being that the race controller does not have that function , you don't get an increase in air flow from the radiator fan when the a/c is on . If it's cold outside or the car is moving fast enough , there will be enough air flow to keep the condenser cool . If your sitting there idling or in stop and go , the condenser will build up too much heat and the a/c will not cool well or at all . I have seen cars build up enough heat to pop the safety valve on the a/c compressor . - Chris

What Chris Said Is Da facts.
A Heads-Up in slow traffic in hot weather: TURN OFF your A/C if you have the Mopar ECU in an SRT10, to avoid popping the compressor valve. So long as you have some 25mph+ airflow thru your condensor (radiator) you will likley be OK.