More like it: Chrysler considers taking the Viper back into GT racing

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score

NI-KA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really miss seeing the vipers compete. It would be great to see the cars back out there again. With the roll out of other brands (such as the new FORD GT) it would be great to see a head to head battle.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Good Find, thanks for posting.

Remembering those days, and having attended several races and victories. (and even a bit of pit-dog work) just reading that paragraph raised my pulse rate..... When ORECA raced the purpose-built GTS-R it was based off a car where thousands had been built, and 3 non-factory teams had participated at Lemans prior.

Taking the Gen-5 straight into GT would be a HUMONGOUS effort....... WOW.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Taking the Gen-5 straight into GT would be a HUMONGOUS effort....... WOW.

Didn't the GTSR race cars end up with a displacement of 6.7 ltrs or something towards the end Jon?. Doesn't bode well for an 8.4 ltr, V10 putting out 700 hp. The Corvette team has to run a smaller motor with less HP to be legal in GTE.

It would be great to be able to watch a Viper compete in LeMans again. Unfortunately, Viper's always end up with a lot of restrictions when racing other cars and I hope that can be overcome.

Last edited:

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's put it this way, if they don't race the Viper on an international stage (ALMS at the very least) I'll just keep on routing for the Corvette and so will every other fan of American muscle at the likes of LeMans, Sebring, Nurburgring etc.
Now that would be sad indeed.

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gary!!!!!

Just Do It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, right on- it is that simple. If you think about it too much, of course it won't be done. The thing about the legacy to be careful of ???!!!! - I don't follow. You win some, lose some. Just get out there with that Gen V and find out what win on Sunday and sell on Monday gets you. You may not necessarilly sell a bunch more Vipers but it will trickle down to the other Dodges.