MORE problems......

Rick530

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This car is starting to become a pain in my ***...

Loosing oil pressure beginning at 4k rpm. No visable oil anywhere and none on driveway... One thing right after another with this car all of a sudden. :mad::mad::mad:

Reaction score
How many miles are on your car now? What kind of oil and has it been using any oil between changes? Give me a few more details and I will see what I can find out for you.

OP
OP
R

Rick530

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How many miles are on your car now? What kind of oil and has it been using any oil between changes? Give me a few more details and I will see what I can find out for you.

12555 miles on it. Hasent been using any oil between oil changes to my knowledge. As far as what kind of oil has been going in it I would take a guess at mobil 1. The dealership I take it to has been the only ones to put oil in it.

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you check your oil level? If you have a car serviced .....ALWAYS check the levals anyway.
people make mistakes.

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what other concerns have you had with your 08?is your oillevel full ?little more info on 4k of loosing oil pressure please.

OP
OP
R

Rick530

Viper Owner
Reaction score
what other concerns have you had with your 08?is your oillevel full ?little more info on 4k of loosing oil pressure please.
Dealership replaced the engine coolant sensor recently. Was causing a cel and voltage light then going into limp mode. Several days ago tho the same thing haponed again but car didnt go into limp mode. Checked the dipstick and the oil level is in the safe zone. Soon as it hits 4k rpm the pressure starts dropping. Continues to drop untill i get off the throttle. First I knoticed it this morning it was damn near to 0. LEt off and back up the pressure came.

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
to know for sure is have a shop hook up a oil pressure gauge and rev it to 4k and see what pressure gauge is reading maybe u have a bad switch or poss the pump is going out or other internal failures i would just take it back to them sorry to hear about the concern i have 6k miles on my 08 ssg vert so far its been a great car.

OP
OP
R

Rick530

Viper Owner
Reaction score
to know for sure is have a shop hook up a oil pressure gauge and rev it to 4k and see what pressure gauge is reading maybe u have a bad switch or poss the pump is going out or other internal failures i would just take it back to them sorry to hear about the concern i have 6k miles on my 08 ssg vert so far its been a great car.
Yeah I just took it home to get a different car to drive today. This time it drops down to around 50psi or a bit below @4krpm. Runs normal, normal temp, just the oil gauge has gone goofy on me. Takign it in next week to have the tech check it out.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the quickest and cheapest foolproof first,i would put a new oil sender in it and go from there.

OP
OP
R

Rick530

Viper Owner
Reaction score
the quickest and cheapest foolproof first,i would put a new oil sender in it and go from there.

I've got a warrenty, I dont care what it costs, but yeah hopefully it is just soemthing minor like that. Car runs totally normal so must not be anything to serious.

OP
OP
R

Rick530

Viper Owner
Reaction score
sorry to hear your having problems with your car Rick. i hope things get fixed soon. Hows the new house, hotrod, Jess?

Whats up my brother from another mother! Things are good. Getting closer to being moved in. Jess is doing great. Hotrod is still at a standstill. Have another new buisness going now so my funds are going to it.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Agree, sounds like electrical issues, bad connection to or faulty sending unit.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
>>>Guess it was just a little low on oil. No problems since.<<<

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

All that hype for nothing :dunno:

NEW ENGINES USE SOME OIL. SOMETIMES. :eater:

CHECK (that's your responsibility :D) EVERY 500-1000 MILES!