most accurate way to monitor AF

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i want to have something so i can monitor my AF while driving/racing . an autometer AF guage or something like vec1 led display?? whats the best most accurate for in the cockpit

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got one of these...
You must be registered for see images
that I just tried last month. I don't know how you'd watch it while drag racing. It'd be better if you had a datalogger system with sensors monitoring rpm, distance, a/f ratio etc and you downloaded it after every run into your laptop to watch a/f mix throughout the rpm range all the way down the track.

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To have an accurate reading you need a wide band Oxygen sensor. It is rather expensive. Costs around 200$.
So a basic tool is around 300$ and complet kit is 500$ with logging capabilities. All depends what you want to do.

Uego makes a good kit for 500$.
LM-1 is also good for 500$.

I started a discussion a couple of weeks ago on the same subject ...

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Edelbrock above has it's own O2 sensor, I just installed it before Ohio.
Most of the races were too close to watch it, but when I raced V10 MOJO, I was beating him so bad I just kept my eye on the gauge :D :D .
While watching it during full throttle, mine was showing 12-12.5. :2tu:

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In closed loop by design the A/F control pulses or rachets making it almost impossible to track with the eye. In open loop you cannot safely or accurately watch a gauge and equate what you see to an average or effective number. You really have to log. If you want to track a gauge, the fuel gauge is pretty easy.

I have had no problems with the LM1 by Innovate. I am now logging a/f, rpm and fuel pressure. They all display on a single chart together, or you can try and read the a/f as you drive on the logger display which is a portable unit.

pullshard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jack B-Did you drill another hole, weld a **** and install this unit all on it's own? Or do you unscrew one of the stock O2's and install it there. If you drilled out another hole, can you tell me where you did this? I have a 2000 gts w\a blower and I want to set one of these up so it's pretty much hard wired. Any help would be great.
Thanks.
P.S. I have an a\f guage on a car with a turbo and they are pretty much useless. Yeaa, you can check WOT and adjust fuel if you have an adjustable FPR, VEC, etc, but besides that they just look cool for the most part.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a Balenger exhaust and there is a short transition pipe after the exhaust exits the sill. It takes five minutes on a lift to pull that pipe. The Innovate kit comes with the threaded insert that you weld to the pipe. What is nice about this location is the proximity to the pipe from the other bank. You could weld in two wells and use the same cable and flip-flop the sensor to get a reading on both sides.

I ran the cable forward and inside the transmission tunnel and made a ninety and entered into the cabin (passenger side)about six inches forward of the seat and about four inches off the floor.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456