Motec 1st Time Setup Help

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a question on the steps required to set up the Motec for the first time. Can someone help with a step by step setup procedure for the first time use?

I purchased the Motec BTX Beacon Transmitter and a small 12V battery.

Do I need to set something up in the computer before use on the tract or is it recognized automatically once hooked up? How does the process of keeping or logging info begin? Do you have to turn something on the dash in order to begin the data collection?

Ok, enough questions. Is there a simple answer to this or do I need to go to Motec School to start up for the first time?

Thanks in advance for your input.

kverges

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MoTeC is going to take you some time. The beacon has to be coded to the in-car receiver. To be certain they work together, pass the beacon by the in-car receiver and a LED on the receiver will light up. If you don't get this confirmation, you have to take the beacon and receiver apart in order to set the code switches - do you have manuals?

In the case of MoTeC, you are going to have to read the instructions and take your time with it. Either that or hire a race engineer. With the power of MoTeC comes complication, I am afraid.

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keith's right. MOTEC offers stuff no one else can beat - but it ain't simple... it's either patiently read and learn - or hire help. This is not something to learn by doing as you go - you must read. That's tough for us guys I know.... I hate reading instructions - but you have no choice if you want to make it work.

If you are like me - don't skip important bits by skim reading - I always try to get to the bottom line asap - that works for many things - but not this.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come out to a ViperDays event! Earlier this year the Motec guys were there doing all sorts of neat things to the Comp Coupes in attendance. The guys that have been running this system for a while are a good source of information and will all be in one place at the same time - you can learn a lot by just asking questions and seeing what all they are getting out of the Motec system. Give Eric Petersen a call and see if the Motec guys will be attending any other events (Viper Days). IMO, that would be the best bang for your buck. Until then, happy reading - we have 2 friends wih Comp Coupes - one VERY tech savvy, one not. The savvy one read the manual and has been playing around with the data since day 1, the other gets the Cliff's Notes version.

OP
OP
V

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I guess it's off to the books, There aren't any Viperdays events near here until next year, Maybe I could fly Eric P. out for some fun in the sun in California?

Eric - are you up for a free trip to California? I'll cover the airfare and you can sleep in the Viper Pit or if you wish I'll put you up in a hotel.

BoostedV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Motec Help

If anyone ever needs any help on anything MOTEC feel free to drop me a line any time.. I have handled all things Motec from the ADL to the Beacon to the PLM to the M-4 to the M-800 and I will be more than willing to help anyone that might be in need of it.

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Motec Help

If anyone ever needs any help on anything MOTEC feel free to drop me a line any time.. I have handled all things Motec from the ADL to the Beacon to the PLM to the M-4 to the M-800 and I will be more than willing to help anyone that might be in need of it.

BoostedV10, You definitely have all the skills and requisite experience to tune, install and monitor all the Motec options for a Viper that are currently available at this time. You are a valuable asset to the Viper community. I wish you all the luck in the pursuit of applying your knowledge of such things to the Viper!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine