Moton Ride Height Adjusting

jimster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to raise the rear of my car about an inch but I don't know how to adjust the rear suspension. I've got a set of Moton Club Sports on the car but I don't know squat about them. Anyone know of a how-to or online resource that can explain the process in layman terms?

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jim I have yet to adjust mine myself but from what I can tell it should be pretty simple. You first raise the car off the wheels. Once done you will find a threaded nut and lock nut on the shock at the bottom of the spring. Simply raise or lower the nut and lock nut. Keep in mind you want to maintain a half in rake from front to back.

Reaction score
Also realize you will not be raising the spring perch an inch to get that at the wheel. You will need about 5/8 - 3/4" to get there. I would measure the ride height first at the jacking tabs front and rear then when you raise the rear try to keep about 1/2" of rake front to rear.

Good luck

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Simple process as described. Check the ride height at all four corners before beginning. I use the fender measurement but you can also use the frame measurement as noted or both.

Use a gold sharpie or marker to make a line on the spring base "nut" and the lock "nut". Each turn of the spring nut raises the car about 1/8 of an inch. You will need both sides of the car off of the ground with the suspension dangling. It's easier with the wheels off of the car.

You will need to get the alignment checked when changing ride height. These cars are very sensitive to ride height changes, which can affect handling.

Good luck,

Dan:headbang:

PS Moton's main office is in Georgia. Check the web for info. They are very good to work with.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06Quad