Moving to Norfolk Area

Mr U-2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've just accepted a job (promotion) with my company in the Norfolk VA area. I'll be working at Langley and the office is in Hampton Roads.

I have visited the area probably a dozen times over the years but wanted to get a Viper perspective. I'll be up doing some house hunting next month and looking for a good marina to berth the boat. I've run VIR as part of my F-2000 training and hopefully they'll be an active VCA in the region. Any advice/observations about the area will be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul :usa:

Reaction score
Drop me a note when you are in the area, Paul! :) Bugeater will be more into the VIR scene than me....but he has a nice house with a pool, so we deemed his house the meeting spot! LOL!!

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Paul -
I live in Virginia Beach/Norfolk,
Supercharged Vipermad (board admin) lives here...
George Murray...a couple other guys that post live in the area as well...

VIR is hit quite frequently by myself and others here and from Raleigh NC, DC etc. You'll find people to play with!

The active VCA regions are out of Raleigh and DC. Not alot of stuff happens locally from that perspective.

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I've got to say is I have some FOND memories of Norfolk! Hehehee. You married, Paul?

Hmmmm.. Minivan, eh? Never mind.

OP
OP
M

Mr U-2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'll drop you a note when I arrive in August, looking forward to the job and being close to a track. Married? Yup. Mini Van..(sigh) Yup.

I'll be up house hunting next month. From a visit eariler this month it appears I'll probably have to build to get what I want..hot sellers market, like here in Florida. I'm also looking for a good marina, but that'll depend on where we buy I guess. My office is on Settlers Landing in Hampton Roads and there's a couple of marinas there. If you guys know a reliable full service marina...one with haul out I'd appreciate that.

And roger on Virgina Beach. Old girl friend there..good memories.

Paul :usa: