Mr. Popular...

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I go to get a haircut at the local barber shop and I am waiting my turn inline outside the place and just enjoying the weather. Well I brought the Viper but parked at the end of parking lot, so I was around 40 feet from it. A old porsche pulls up and this young girl gets out with what looks like her brother...they look at the front of the car (where they scraped agianst the curb...typical) and I said politely "ah, don't worry, all you got was your plate, be glad your car isn't as low as mine." Now, they have no idea what car I drive, because I am no where near it and neither are they...right. So naturally the girl asks, "which one is yours?" I don't even get a chance to reply and the guy states "I already told you in car...he is the guy that drives the Viper...you've seen him around." Of course my ego just exploded and I couldn't help but crack a smile before entering back into the barber shop and said, "see ya around guys." man that was a good moment!

Time to get a hair cut.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i now how you feel. i live in a "medium-sized" town. I do drive my viper some, usually on the weeends. i also drive one of two magnums in town.

i walk and jog about 5 miles most nights of the week with my dog. the other night i was walking by a kid who asked , "Hey, arent you the guy who drives the viper and the magnum?".

it is a good moment, but a bit creepy too, you know? good thing i am not a criminal or something - THEY WOULD HAVE ME PICKED UP IN NO TIME! LOL

New97owner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know what you mean...I have long hair and a ponytail...The other day I was walking up to the Viper to get in, and I heard one teenager tell another teen he was with (in a halfway whisper)..."there's the guy I have saw driving the Viper, the one with the ponytail"...*LOL*

98viperGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just this Sunday I drove my viper to a car show and on the way home, at a stop light, a guy jumps out of his car comes up to my vipers window and says "Wow what type of car is it?". First I was kinda taken back because just as easy as he did that I guess he could have been telling me to get out and give hime the car. Oh well just part of driving a Viper. :)

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was up at the convenience store, which is about 1/2 mile from my house. I am in Jacksonville, and while it isn't NYC, it's still a big city, and I am in a dense area. Anyway, I took my Range Rover up there, which I parked on the side of the building, because it was quite crowded. All pumps were filled up with cars. While I was in line, the guy behind me said "You have a Viper too, right?"

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just this Sunday I drove my viper to a car show and on the way home, at a stop light, a guy jumps out of his car comes up to my vipers window and says "Wow what type of car is it?". First I was kinda taken back because just as easy as he did that I guess he could have been telling me to get out and give hime the car. Oh well just part of driving a Viper. :)

Same type thing happened to me. Me and a friend were sitting at a redlight in Daytona Beach, FL talking when this woman jumps out of the truck behind us, runs up to the passenger side of the Viper and yells "Hey! Is it a Viper?" My friend was so startled he almost landed in my lap when he jumped :D . I told her yes, and she says "ok!" and runs back to her truck. I then spent 5 mins laughing at my friend who I think needed to clean out his pants :eek:

Matthew Klinger

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Same type thing happened to me. Me and a friend were sitting at a redlight in Daytona Beach, FL talking when this woman jumps out of the truck behind us, runs up to the passenger side of the Viper and yells "Hey! Is it a Viper?" My friend was so startled he almost landed in my lap when he jumped :D . I told her yes, and she says "ok!" and runs back to her truck. I then spent 5 mins laughing at my friend who I think needed to clean out his pants :eek:

Should have said "No, its a Pinto with Viper badging... here's your sign"

Kiaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was leaving Champs in Addison, TX when I hear a guy on the patio comment "Woah! What the hell is that car!".

Also, while arriving at Champs earlier I heard one woman say loudly "Do you see what his license plate says!?!?", and another woman responds harshly in a disapproving voice "YES!".

My plate: NO WYF

NsaneWife

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brant - I have to say that:

1 - Your car is way to loud to hear anything over it and
2 - at that Champps, I am suprised the women were upset and didn't run after you!

BTW - now we know where you have been instead of coming to the meetings!

M. ROD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some cool stories/quotes:

“It pulled up next to me at a light, and I actually let out a moan. ‘Whooaagh,’ I said from my diaphragm. My first encounter with a Dodge Viper RT/10. I was taken with that Viper. Waiting at the light, I studied it, running my eyes over its smooth lines and voluptuous curves. I wondered about the guy behind the wheel: What is it like to be him, to drive such an outrageous road machine? How does it feel to have schleps like me trundling around town in our blue Tempos, staring at your car with lustful envy?…It’s a drug, I almost say out loud. This car is a drug.”AMERICAN WAY, 1994

“The Viper’s 488-cube thunderbox is the most mammoth passenger car powerplant in production. Big torque exists at any engine revolution. Every time we’d show up in a small town(Lotus Esprit S4S, Dodge Viper RT/10, Ferrari F355, Acura NSX, and Porsche 911 Turbo) the locals clumped around one car and one car only : the one built in Detroit. Its shape evokes involuntary seizures among onlookers.” CAR AND DRIVER, 1995

“Is that a car? asked a young lad as the Viper rumbled slowly past. look at one of those, Dad! squawked another across the street. The Viper stole the show instantaneously. The first nipper can be forgiven for spouting such an obvious question. It doesn’t matter whether you’re nine or 90, the first time you see a Viper on the road… you’re likely to lose control of your faculties. Words can be uttered over which your brain has absolutely no control.” TOP GEAR, 1995

“Why the Viper?… When I came down to the [hotel] lobby, the place was empty -- the entire staff was on the sidewalk, trying to figure out what the car was and whether it would bite if approached too closely. In fairness, I took a big step back myself: This muscly, low-slung, swoopy rocket was unlike anything else I’d seen on the street. I slid into the luscious black leather wraparound driver’s seat, turned the key, and smiled at the deep-throated sound of all ten cylinders growling to life.

At first, tooling around town, I was distracted by the Viper’s long-traveling clutch, serious white-on-black instrumentation, and hulking presence. I was also distracted because people stared, hitchhiked, drag-raced, and, in one man’s case, video-taped the Viper--while he was driving. It was time to find empty, snaking roads.

Turning off the CD player so I could better focus on the James Earl Jones bass of the engine, I dropped into first gear and floored it. The Viper whiplashed me into the seatback and shot into a sweeping corner--powerful, graceful, game for anything. To its credit, it has the smoothness of a grand touring car, but its soul is a wild thing, arrogant and assured in every move, barely tamed by my puny attempts at control.

I had fallen in love--not a tender, sweet love, but the searing, blood-pounding kind. This is a car for people who live by extremes and never choose the middle road. I’ll be calling a dealer shortly. As I headed to the hotel, a crazed pit bull hanging out the back of a station wagon caught sight of the Viper and began barking hysterically. It takes one to know one.” .” Sue Zesinger, FORTUNE, 1996

"If you’ve never experienced it, try this: Arrange to have a date with a supermodel who knows karate; then rent a convertible, paint it fuchsia; and ask your date to ride next to you ******* through a college town just after a home game lets out. You’ll (A) get a lot attention and thumbs-up signs, (B) feel like some kind of super stud yourself, ( C ) instantly draw a crowd of young men anywhere you stop for gas, asking questions like, ’Is she yours? How fast is she?’ and ‘can I have a spin?’ (D) no doubt find a challenge or two from the crowd, knowing full well you and your supermodel date could whup the drunk guy and his sorority girlfriend, and (E) eventually get tired of the attention and be forced to speed away to find serenity and an open road to enjoy the moment for yourself. Such is the case driving a Dodge Viper. But, hey, someone’s gotta do it, right?” MOTOR TREND, 1999

"When it comes to wow power, nothing outdraws Dodge’s snakelike sports car. Example: We were hovering in a parking lot behind a restaurant one afternoon, and a few of the waitresses were checking us out(no, not us us, the cars). Our yellow ZO6 and red Cobra R might as well have been beige econoboxes from a rental fleet for all they cared. No, it was the Viper that got rubbed and purred over. Parked at the A&W one night, it was all but the same deal; a few of the younger crowd knew the SVT-ized Mustang was something special, and they liked the Vette well enough. But they spoke in hushed tones as they eyed the big bad Dodge. Sittin’ low in that leather seat, with all 8.0 liters of booming V-10 just ahead, you’re bad, and everybody knows it.” MOTOR TREND, 2000

:2tu:

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice stories something us Viper owners are privileged to experience on a daily basis.

Kiaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brant - I have to say that:

1 - Your car is way to loud to hear anything over it and
2 - at that Champps, I am suprised the women were upset and didn't run after you!

BTW - now we know where you have been instead of coming to the meetings!

Hahahah, texas women are loud ;)

One day when I finally get my car clean enough to be seen at the meetings I'll make it back!

Cal Cobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Oh but wait, there's more :)

<font color="blue">"For starters, the Viper's visage is imposing. A menacing wide-mouth grille and animalistic polyellipsoid headlamps look as though they just made a long journey up the River Styx. Here and there, hints of the Viper's inspirational forebear, the Shelby Cobra 427, are recognizable: in the curved haunches of the rear fenders, in the basic honesty of the instrument panel, in the muscular bulges of the hood and front fenders. A targa-like structural bar hints of the roadster version of the Ford GT40. Flying in the face of more sophisticated exotics with their climate-controlled cockpits, the open-air nature of the Viper validates the notion that the pleasures of driving are of this Earth." </font> ROAD AND TRACK 1995

Cal

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang