MT SHOW - PICS, GOOD JOB VA/MD

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nice job to all who made the VCA look GREAT at the motor trend car show in baltimore. :2tu:

6041PICT0079CS-med.JPG

6041PICT0043CS-med.JPG

6041PICT0075CS-med.JPG

6041PICT0073CS-med.JPG

6041PICT0072CS-med.JPG

6041PICT0066CS-med.JPG

6041PICT0063CS-med.JPG

6041PICT0065CS-med.JPG

6041PICT0058CS-med.JPG

6041PICT0052CS-med.JPG

6041PICT0051CS-med.JPG

tom

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great pics Tom. It was quite an adventure. Great memories from this event. Who could forget the single elevator for so many cars, OR the hallway turn with one inch of clearance driving down level 400 from the elevator. OR the Dupont Registry crowd and their accursed video right behind us. We shared that floor with "The 50 years of history of the Shelby club and the Porsche Club." I know the rest of you here know who got the most attention compared to those brands. The show promoters knew too, they had the Vipers displayed right at the top of the escalator. MAJOR, MAJOR props to Gary Almond, who really came through for us. On friday the first warning of a major snowstorm came to light. I made one phone call to Gary and he put the pedal down to get back to Baltimore for his VA/MD crew. Gary hauled 6 Vipers out of the convention center from 10pm Sunday night to 4pm on Monday, delivering them all over Maryland, Pennsylvania, and Virginia. He probably got 2 hours sleep if he was lucky. Thanks again Gary! Everyone is very grateful for the rescue you pulled off!

99GTSACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes... Gary was great! Thanks to him our cars made it home safely.
This was a fun event. Count me in next year if the club does it again.
Jeff

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definately a memorable experience. I would like to thank all of the members who volunteered to run the display.

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tom, thanks for the photos, mine didn't turn out as well. I was hoping to see you there but I did see your car and it looked Awesome as always. I had a great time and we were glad to hear you had a clean ride home in the snow thanks to Gary. :2tu:

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a testimonial to Tom's picture taking skills notice the lighting in the second picture. Tom and I had just brought his car in, all the lights are on. That was the normal lighting for the show. All the other pictures were taken at VIP night where they had the lighting turned down very low for the coctail party. The Bar was right behind us and the food buffet across from us. I have no idea how he took those pics in that low light but I PMd him and asked for photography lessions!

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I have to admit it was a really fun time. I wish I had gone to sleep the night before so I could have stayed later, but at the 30 hour mark I was wasted. I will say that my perception of who a typical viper-lover is now totally blown and nothing makes a weekend more complete then getting blackmail material about Dale from his girlfriend.