MtHam ACR where are you

Gavin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Man - you are on this board every night - now where are you tonight - what are you up to !!!!!
Reminder - post wheel alighment specs please

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gavin, I didn't get a chance to meet you last weekend at Viper Days but I remember your car. You have a Venom 500 right? I have a 97 blue/white GTS and was wondering if your Venom 500 is the standard set up that is in Hennessey's catalog? How do you like the setup? I just put a bra on the front of my GTS for track days as I saw how it looked on yours. I'm sure it keeps all the track mess off the front of the car as well. Thanks for the idea.
BURNOUT.gif

-Jonathan

OP
OP
G

Gavin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey RedSled, Love my car - yep it is right out of his catalogue:
Smooth tubes, K& N's
1.7 roller rockers
70mm throttle bodies
B& M shift with billiard ball knob
3:54 rear end gear
Headers - same as TNT
high flow cats
3" pipes
4" dumps
Car is LOUD - 104 Dbs
I rhink I covered it.

Car is awsome - I can get up beside ACR's on straigtaway at Button Willow, Thunderhill and Button Willow - my car has "legs" after 70mph - it just pulls hard.
Gear helps at Laguna and Button Willow - I have to shift into 5th at Thunderhill.

I've added a few things - #1 improvement - Sean Roe's air dam kit - really helps cool the motor
Fan - heat sink kit and override switch - I turn on the fan as soon at temp is at 190 when at track - helps
Acusump - 11 quart oil pan, baffles and windage tray - Insurance man.

The performance of these cars never ceases to amaze me - throw the thing at a corner and it just goes around.
I loved the sweeper at Button Willow - I was taking parts of that flat, with all four tires screaming and the car drifting up the track in the most controlled manner, then without lifting diving down into ( the bustop? ) whatever..... - it was outragious fun.
Next time I want a ride with the guys running 2:04's

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gavin, I didn't think the rockers were part of the 500 package. My car came with the package and I haven't had a cover off, seems like the brochure that came with the car didn't show rockers??

OP
OP
G

Gavin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony - The Hennessey gear was on my car when I bought it. I have the receipts and the roller rockers were part of the package - I have seen other guys with similar stories as you. I think Hennessey produced a packages with slight variations, that he called Venom 500.

Before I bought the car I spoke to Hennessey about it - He said he knew the car and that it was a "good Car" - I asked a few key questions and realized he had no clue about the car.

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gavin, I guess you are looking for track alignment, if so:

Front:
Caster +6 degrees
camber -1.9 degrees
Toe at zero

Rear:
Camber -1.5 degrees
Toe (in) +1/16-1/32

On Hoosiers I was turning 2:01s at BW last time out CW.

OP
OP
G

Gavin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Cal - I tend to put on a few miles - about 10K per year - how will these settings effect tire wear.

Mike - I just knew you would jump in - yep you would have to slow down bunches to do a 2:04 - suggestion , you could put on a set of those 25 heat cycle tires and that Skip was hassling you about!!!

Hey it was great being out there - looking forward to seeing you at Thunderhill this weekend.

MtHam ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Gav,

No grief man, I was busy. I mean us recently divorced types don't have a regular squeeze like you married guys. You've got to cut a guy some slack if he can find time for vipers and P***y in the same week.

I can't find the most recent specs, these are from July (the alignment I had done before bwillow was a tad more agressive):

front:
camber -1.9 degrees (shims out)
caster +6.6 degrees
toe is -1/32"

rear:
camber -0.5 degrees
toe in +1/16"

If/when I can dig up the later specs I'll post those.

In the mean time, this seems like a pretty good thing (funny, smart, attractive), so I'm having to adjust the time allocations with perhaps a little less priority for (gasp) the car
supergrin.gif

WCKDVPR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gavin,

Great to see you out at the track.

Next time out I would be happy to take you for a ride. Just let me know you want me to slow down to a 2:04 or so
rofl.gif

Regards,

WCKDVPR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gavin,

Why Skip was hassling me about my tires is because the ones I was running on are the same Hoosiers I have run this entire season (something like 50 heat cycles). He kept seeing me sliding around and thought that wasn't the best idea. I might give these to Adelberg for Christmas.

Spooked my wife enough that I am going to get two sets of tires for next season.
bounce.gif

Now if I could only learn to drive!

I am not going to Thunderhill, but you guys have fun.

Regards,

OP
OP
G

Gavin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike - living dangerously - glad you are getting new tires.

Sorry to hear you won't be at Thunderhill - won't be the same without you guys there !!

I've got a set of aftermarket brakes (that I love) however if I ever have the need to get rid of them I've always thought I too would give them to Adelberg for Christmas