Muskegon, Mi / Apple Mill Motors - Anyone check it out for me?

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BOO!!! I AM BACK!!!

Ok ok...yadda yadda yadda...it was a while ago. I am not making any of the mistakes I made years ago. This time, I am going to be thourough to my own content. That being said, could anyone drop by and check this out for me?

Apple Mill Motors
3611 E Apple Avenue
Muskegon, MI 79442

1994 RT/10
bit over 40k
$32,995 asking
red

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was going to look at this one myself 2 months ago, but then I called the guy up. He says it has some road chips, scrapes, side sill bubbles etc. That's typical for any higher mile gen1, but there were lower mile 94's going for the same price around here. Where he's at is in the middle of nowhere and he's had this for sale for months and it's the dealer owner's car. There has to be a reason why he's come down from $36k and still can't sell it. I'd say offer him $31k if someone near him can check it out for you. Just so you know, he didn't sound like an enthusiast and he thought 40K miles was very low for a Viper.

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah, I had to get it out of him. He's a dealer trying to get a good deal.
$33k is not a ripoff, but not a car I would go long distance for.

OP
OP
F

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, fact is it's ohnly about 5 hours from me. Not a long drive, but long enough to make it not worthwhile if he's asking too much. If I can get him to aorund 30g....I will be ok with that. Fact is, I got a new job ( a bit over 4mths ago ) so I am so very much finally in a position where I don't have to worry about affordability...feels good.

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Why don't I call him and offer $25k - $27K in a different voice everyday, then you call in and offer $30k a week later. :)

OP
OP
F

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am trading in my car for it...I think I can get a decent deal. Could pick it up Friday / Saturday if all goes well. Drive 300miles drop ym car off, drive the Viper back.

OP
OP
F

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Muskegon, Mi / Apple Mill Motors - OUCH!!!

Well forget that....lol

Just got word a little bit ago:

60mth term - $664 a month totalling about 40g for a 33g car. I want a Viper...but don't think paying 7g in interest is worth it right now.

OP
OP
F

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I guess I won't be getting it...to darn expensive.

Term woulda been for 60mths. But at the price he was asking...about 33g....it woulda cost me about $7,000 in interest. Yeah, not gonna happen.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

thats why you dont use dealer financing. and or take loans out on used cars or new. i wont finance(i also only finance work/business vehicles) a new car for more than 3 years, at least that way it's not worth less than what you owe on it. pay cash for toys if you can

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The numbers you have described, indicate about a 7.5%-8.00% APR.... For a 1994 model year, thats not that bad, at all... Capital One (who is the wal-mart of auto financing) would be about that, if not more....

If you dont have the cash for it, you gotta pay the interest..

Like it or not, It's a fact, Interest rates are WAY up... The buyer friendly market of the last 5-7 years is gone.. CASH is king... And its worht more and more these days. good luck

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score

If you can pay cash and save the interest that is definitely the way to go. But if you are faced with getting a viper today but you have to pay interest or saving up the $ and getting a viper a few years down the road, this is a no brainer. Get the viper today, enjoy life and pay the interest. Did you pay cash for your house? A viper and a home are a necessity.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang