MY 08 available for mid 60s

Status
Not open for further replies.

redlineviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Some people just can't get a point. If you are just going to say "Those wheels are ugly as hell" then you don't need to post on a thread that someone is try to answer questions. If you know for a fact that a car has been totaled or similar and someone is pawning it as a perfect no history collector then it would be a good time to make mention of such.

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heresay and opinion often far outweigh fact when it comes to something like this.When someone comes on here and makes a statement about a car and they think its a fact and its not what then.

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Chriss, not only do i have a ton of equity in the car (could use the money )but storage is an issue over the winter.Even though i was always more of a coupe guy i grew to love this roadster as it truely is a FANTASTIC CAR but prioritys first.Thanks Joe.

I can let you store it for free at my house in Orlando...it will be warm a cozy between the CLK550 and the 01 ACR. I guess I'll have to park the QX56 outside.

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can let you store it for free at my house in Orlando...it will be warm a cozy between the CLK550 and the 01 ACR. I guess I'll have to park the QX56 outside.

Thank you for the offer.My guy was supposed take it to the auction today but with the holiday tommorrow cancelled the trip .(Probably better to wait a week -more potential buyers there away from the holiday)

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ps if you want to store It a your house permanently for somewhere in the mid 60s be my guest LOL.

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't believe the car has not sold in the mid 60's...but, nothing surprises me anymore.

Hopefully you will get that in the next few days.

My 98' GTS is staying put in my garage. I had it priced for $ 37,900...and the only people that "seemed" serious about it, could not get financed. But, you will get all sorts of silly people too which you will have to **** out through. I had a bunch of low-ballers. This guy called me and we talked...and he offered 30k for the car...he said he had cash and he woud buy it the same day. I knew he was bluffin'...so I told him that I would do it...suddenly, he did not feel so sure anymore...and suddenly he would have to call the bank to see if he could get a loan? What kind of cash was he talking about? Monopoly money? Pfff....

Hang in there man...Do you want a 98 GTS on trade? :D

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't believe the car has not sold in the mid 60's...but, nothing surprises me anymore.

Hopefully you will get that in the next few days.

My 98' GTS is staying put in my garage. I had it priced for $ 37,900...and the only people that "seemed" serious about it, could not get financed. But, you will get all sorts of silly people too which you will have to **** out through. I had a bunch of low-ballers. This guy called me and we talked...and he offered 30k for the car...he said he had cash and he woud buy it the same day. I knew he was bluffin'...so I told him that I would do it...suddenly, he did not feel so sure anymore...and suddenly he would have to call the bank to see if he could get a loan? What kind of cash was he talking about? Monopoly money? Pfff....

Hang in there man...Do you want a 98 GTS on trade? :D
Thanks Wag i have a guy coming from Philly (hopefully this weekend )that has called a few times on it but as of yet has not had the time to drive 1.5 hours each way to see it.As far as low ballers yes there have been a few (people offering much less than i can get at the Auction ect )

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MANY tire kickers with low ball offers under wholesale auction prices. The guy from Philly (called at least 5 times turned out to be the ULTIMATE TIRE KICKER as he was VERY INTERESTED yet could not find a few hours to look at the car in a months time.No one is that busy )Have not got a chance to have my friend bring it to auction (he is overstocked with inventory and has not been there for weeks ).End net result the cars still available.

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike he found the time to go into NY to test ride a Lambo .We are talking over a months time here and he is only 2 hours away.

Custom Builder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Manheim is not wholesale. I can't believe no one has mentioned this yet. I've bought a few cars there myself with a buddy of mine that's a dealer. They set auction prices not wholesale. Most anyone on here can probably find someone to take them to an auction. Manheim is perhaps just a little under private party value. True wholesale would be about 2-3K less than Manheim. Not sure what the car is worth, just giving a little insight on Manheim. Call Bill P and see what he'll give you for it. You're not sitting to bad with the Viper. Go to Ferrari chat and look at some of the beatings over there. Cats just sold a low mile 430 for 138K. That's a drop of your entire asking price in just 6 months. Try autotrader I've always had great luck there.

Billy Coons

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Driver's World, Carmax, I hear Pep-Boys even buys used cars now. Manny, Moe and Jack....the 3 best friends your Viper ever had.

Joking aside, economy is killing your price, as good as it is. :crazy2:

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish you'd posted your car before the Canadian dollar fell to pieces against the greenback, I would have been all over it. Our economy hasnt been hit here in the west badly YET, but our dollar has dropped 20%

Good Luck!:2tu:
Brad

jtupper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with the moderators when it comes to having negative comments about other people's cars, but that is one of the first things a person does when trying to negotiate a price. ie. "I like the car, but it's not my favorite color" Negotiating 101

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably an SRT experience car w7K miles and a disclaimer to sign
It had to be as a reference point Galves(basically predicated off auto auction reports has ) has 06 coupes (4000)miles at 50,000.For an 08 coupe to be worth 40000 less than sticker in a years time either the car had issues (was hit ) was an SRT TRACK CAR or something was up with the mileage.

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Date Auction Sale Type Price Mileage Cond Color Eng Trans In Sample
11/20/08 DETROIT $60,200 7,228 Avg LIMEGREN 10G 6 No
11/14/08 DETROIT $62,500 1,822 Avg DKRED 10G 6 No
11/14/08 DETROIT $62,500 772 Avg RED 10G 6 No
11/06/08 DETROIT $57,500 13,144 Avg BLUE 10G 6 No
07/31/08 DETROIT $73,000 4,908 Avg GREEN 10G 6 No
07/31/08 DETROIT $70,000 3,417 Avg BLACK 10G 6 No
Once again thanks Dealmaker for the info.

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Manheim is not wholesale. I can't believe no one has mentioned this yet. I've bought a few cars there myself with a buddy of mine that's a dealer. They set auction prices not wholesale. Most anyone on here can probably find someone to take them to an auction. Manheim is perhaps just a little under private party value. True wholesale would be about 2-3K less than Manheim. Not sure what the car is worth, just giving a little insight on Manheim. Call Bill P and see what he'll give you for it. You're not sitting to bad with the Viper. Go to Ferrari chat and look at some of the beatings over there. Cats just sold a low mile 430 for 138K. That's a drop of your entire asking price in just 6 months. Try autotrader I've always had great luck there.
Whatever you want to call it (wholesale or not )its still under private party.My point is if i have someone take the car to Manheim (as inicated by the last sales chart Dealmaker posted )the car should sell for around 63000.00.Basically iam now offerering it now for 65000.

Status
Not open for further replies.