My 08 Viper SSG is in "JB" Status??

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
  • BB - fleet order only - review by bid department
  • BD - special equipment processing
  • BE - edit error - coding error which must be corrected before order can be considered for scheduling
  • BG - order has passed edit, but cannot be scheduled regardless of priority or sold status
    • F - Financial hold
    • B - model or option
    • B - build out
    • L - material restriction
    • M - material hold (fleet)
    • BX - good order available for scheduling
SCHEDULED
  • C - tentative schedule
  • D - firm schedule: serial number is assigned, appropriate time in station (5) working days
  • D1 - gateline: plant has sequenced the unit for production, estimated ship date assigned, approximate time in station is (12) working days
BUILD
  • E - framing
  • F - paint
  • G - trim
BUILT
  • I - unit is built pending final inspection
  • J - vehicle has passed final inspection: but not released to carrier unit requiring vendor work (sunroof, special package, etc.)
  • JB - shipped to body vendor
  • JE - shipped to emissions
  • JS - shipped to storage
  • KZ - released by plant and invoiced
TRAFFIC CODES
  • KZL - released but not shipped
  • KZM - first rail departure
  • KZN - first rail arrival
  • KZO - delayed/received
  • KZT - second rail departure
  • KZU - second rail arrival
  • KZX - delivered to dealer

Reaction score
  • BE - edit error - coding error which must be corrected before order can be considered for scheduling
  • BG - order has passed edit, but cannot be scheduled regardless of priority or sold status
    • F - Financial hold
    • B - model or option
    • B - build out
SCHEDULED
  • C - tentative schedule
  • D - firm schedule: serial number is assigned, appropriate time in station (5) working days
  • D1 - gateline: plant has sequenced the unit for production, estimated ship date assigned, approximate time in station is (12) working days
BUILD
  • E - framing
  • F - paint
  • G - trim
BUILT
  • J - vehicle has passed final inspection: but not released to carrier unit requiring vendor work (sunroof, special package, etc.)
TRAFFIC CODES
  • KZO - delayed/received
Damn Lee, I guess you couldn't get more specific then that could you? Great job, thanks.

OP
OP
S

snakeplissken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Snakeplissken - What color stripes did you order? What rims?
Black Stripes and I ordered the H Wheels but I can't confirm the wheels there not on the Dealer invoice I looked at, So it may mean the standard wheels are coming on it.

OP
OP
S

snakeplissken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
    • F - Financial hold
    • B - model or option
    • B - build out
SCHEDULED
  • C - tentative schedule
BUILD
  • E - framing
  • F - paint
  • G - trim
BUILT
TRAFFIC CODES
  • KZO - delayed/received
Is it safe to assume that after it returns fron getting the stripes it is shipped out or are there 12 more steps?

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are no more steps. You just need a few more heading in the same direction to partially fill a truck. Six make a full load, but CAAP is trying to lessen the wait time. If you are in an area that receives very few Vipers, I have heard that 3 will do it.:2tu:

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't quite know what smogdog means, it will go through the final 12 code steps but as he says it may happen more quickly than before.

Lee, I guess I didn't word that correctly! My mistake. It will go through some additional steps, but certainly not all. Many Vipers never see KZL, KZM, KZN, KZO, KZT or KZU.

Bill

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The only thing that is not used with the Viper is all the other KZ designations, as it does not go by rail. Therefore when a Viper goes to KZ, it is ready to ship, and usually leaves fairly soon ---- figure 3 days to 2 weeks, normally , to get to the Dealer. There have been times it takes even longer, as no Reliable trucks are going in the direction of the selling Dealer.

Lee's info is spot on and a good reference for everyone to keep at hand.

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this information has been very helpful. i am glad that some people are very well informed and share the knowledge with us.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dealers can check out your status in just a few minutes. It is not a tough process , they just need to go into the Chrysler Dial system and view the changes. Most Viper Reds are in C,D, or D1 status at present, as they are not supposed to begin red until March. We have no ACRs in any status but D, and I anticipate they will start showing build dates in March also -- though it may be late in the month.:drive:

Luna C

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great info to have. I have a Venom Red that cleared "I" status 2 weeks ago and the dealer said we should see it by the end of this month. Seems correct based on what I've read here so far. Just Jonesin' for it to arrive. Been a long wait!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
One thing about the codes, is they do not follow all the other Dodge Vehicles , so Dealers often make judgements based on how their other products move when evaluating a Viper build situation. Vipers go to KZ and that is it, since they do not go by rail, etc. So the journey to the Dealer is based more on when Reliable gets a load in the general direction. Delays are often just an occurence based on vehicles needing to be shipped to the West Coast , East Coast , Midwest, and the South, all at the same time, with no shipment of any size to each area , causing a time lapse until they can fill a truck going in a specific direction.

D status states there there is a tentative build date and they use a 5 day window as the time frame for change. This is very different for a Viper , as it can often stay in D status for a month, prior to going to D1. Once in D1 it usually will give the Dealer a fairly good idea of the start date , yet again ,( noting the 12 day window for info ) it can sometimes take a month on a build date to occur.

Once the vehicle starts being built, it is much easier to estimate when the car will hit the Dealer's door, and a normal delay one should expect if the vehicle is being striped. Figure 2-3 more weeks for this, and it has been running behind this year as the consumer has exceeded the prior demand for stripes and kept everyone hopping.

Keep in mind this hand built beauty still has to have suppliers ready to send small amounts of their products, so when demand is different than Sales/Marketing/Production estimates, it takes a bit longer to gear up. Just common sense, as they don't have 50,000+ parts on hand for a specific part like a normal production vehicle might, they are dealing with numbers around 1500, or even less if it is for a specific model ( i.e. convertible only ).

You are paying a fair amount for a new Snake, so feel free to call your Dealer often , as it really takes little time out of his/her day to keep you updated. Some previous Viper owners do have a better handle on this, as they realize that a bit of patience is required ( tough though it is ) , but you are excited and a call or an email can always get you back on track understanding the time frame.

There have been some minor supplier delays this year, as well as unique swings in paint selections not close to the initial supplier estimates, so it has been an interesting year. With the praises we and others have received on the 08, the wait is well worth it, definitely well worth it !!!

Respectfully,
Bill Pemberton:headbang:

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info bill,, my red vert(no stripes)went into d1 on feb 4th but i've pretty much resigned myself that it won't be here till April..i ordered way back in August and the wait has passed pretty quickly... BUT going into D1 gave me a little false hope and these next 6-8 weeks are sure going by slowly especially with the nice weather here in Texas at this time of year... WELL at least i can still sleep with my headers till then