My 9.85 pass from Bradenton has been backed up.........

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went to Silver Dollar Raceway in Reynolds Ga. today for a race. The track was slick and the corrected elevation started at about 1300 feet and ended up at over 2000 feet.

First pass off the trailer, no nitrous. 10.469 @ 140.78 bad sixty foot 1.748

Second pass with nitrous. 9.891 @ 146.37, 1.572 sixty. 1/8 mile 6.479 @ 113.62

Third pass (drum roll please) NO NITROUS, 10.166 @ 141.36, 1.527 sixty ....this my friends....on a decent track with better air would be a 9.9X pass on a stock motor with rockers and exhaust and a Roe supercharger :shocked: The air on this pass was around 1800 feet. 1/8 mile was 6.603 @ 107.11 I will be looking for that better track and air at the Bradenton Fl. V10 Nationals. BE THERE !!!

Later on (with n02) I missed forth, crammed it back and ran a 10.047 @ 141.39

Last pass of the day (with n02) I spun, 1.660 sixty and still pulled off a 9.974 @ 147.26 :eek: Air was about 2100 feet corrected.

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony, congrats on the great numbers. Wasn't your fastest non-nO2 pass prior to this like 10.4x at ~136? (Which as far as I know was the fastest non-nO2 stock heads/cam pass with a Roe blower) Have any of the Roe/heads/cam guys ever run faster than 10.1 at 141 w/o nO2?

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn Nice,

Hey, you have less mods than Cudaman....LOL.

Tom

I think Ward has been doing a GREAT job driving his own car, Tom. And to think, he's only been drag racing a short time compared to most. Aside from that, he also road races his car with the gang @ Safe Motorsports and drives her just about daily. I guess he could mothball his car like some between events, but that isn't why he bought the car.

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dammit Larry,

Let me have some fun without getting so serious. I'm gonna cry now.

Again Tony, incredible time, I hope to see you again in the Unlimited class at Bradenton.

TX WHOS YOUR DADDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn Nice,

Hey, you have less mods than Cudaman....LOL.

Tom

I think Ward has been doing a GREAT job driving his own car, Tom. And to think, he's only been drag racing a short time compared to most. Aside from that, he also road races his car with the gang @ Safe Motorsports and drives her just about daily. I guess he could mothball his car like some between events, but that isn't why he bought the car.
LARRY,I THINK ITS GREAT WARD DRIVES AND RUNS HIS SNAKE AS MUCH AS HE CAN BETWEEN DRAG RACE EVENTS.I CAN HEAR IT SPINNING UP ALL THE WAY OVER IN HERE IN THE REPUBLIC OF TEXAS.WARD KEEP TAKING THE DRIVE TRAIN AND VALVE TRAIN TO 6,000 PLUS RPM.IT CAN ONLY HELP!WE ARE ALL PROUD OF U AND LARRY!YOUR VIPER BROTHERS SCOTT AND NORM :D :2tu:

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom ....I saw you make some NICE passes in Gainesville....13 and 12 sec passes....Did you ever get in the low 12's?

Cudaman :usa:

Larry is right ....I have 26,000 miles on my 2001 car.

PBJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony,
That is awesome !!! That MPH is stout also. Well, at least I know what I have to run when I get to Florida. Again, Congrats on some killer passes !!!
Later,
Joe

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Those are some unreal traps with a ROE without spray! What type of water injection system are you using? Did you custom fab an aftercooler?

V10TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony, impressive mph!... Would that be 10 lbs.?
What rwhp are you making with the juice?.. Also do you need race fuel to tun on boost+ juice?
Thanks!
Congrats!

OP
OP

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony, impressive mph!... Would that be 10 lbs.?
What rwhp are you making with the juice?.. Also do you need race fuel to tun on boost+ juice?
Thanks!
Congrats!

Thanks guys. I really wanted to back up my one time nine second pass. That is with a 10 psi pulley. The nitrous is fueled by propane so it takes care of it's own octane and the tune/timing is the same as I run everyday.....however, if I know I am going to be beating on the car ie drag passes or dyno pulls I do add some racing gas as insurance. Seven miles away I have 100 unleaded and 110 leaded at two convienence stores...it's just to easy not to do. Daily driving/full throttle with 93 and this tune is no problem.
I look forward to Ward joining me in the 9 club.....but I don't know that he will wait until December :)

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hmmmm, nice run Tony,. I think that's an anomoly. Cold Front, downwind, trak going downhill, water injection. NItrous bottle was leaking into the intake, etc

;)

Gerald

OP
OP

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hmmmm, nice run Tony,. I think that's an anomoly. Cold Front, downwind, trak going downhill, water injection. NItrous bottle was leaking into the intake, etc

;)

Gerald

I fess up Gerald.....I also had the back seat out :laugh:

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats! Tony are you using any water injection ? with the 10 psi ? and is it easy to install, im asking because my car didnt have a problem with the 10 psi pulley and it didnt need any cooling but im thinking going with a 12 psi pulley ! any ideas ?Thanks

OP
OP

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats! Tony are you using any water injection ? with the 10 psi ? and is it easy to install, im asking because my car didnt have a problem with the 10 psi pulley and it didnt need any cooling but im thinking going with a 12 psi pulley ! any ideas ?Thanks

Yes, water/methonal. As much for the fuel as the cooling. I still have the stock fuel system.

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ward,

11.99 my man, at 140 mph on pilots. Must have been the "mothballs" falling out and getting under the tires.LOL

I hope to see you joining Tony and I in the Unlimited class at Bradenton.

Take care,

Tom

Tommy K

Viper Owner
Reaction score

;)

Gerald

I fess up Gerald.....I also had the back seat out :laugh:

That's funny as h*ll! 147 is awesome Tony! With some 1.4x's in FL you're solid 9's no problem...probably all boost. BTW, are you still running the 3.55's? and is that on 28"ers?

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Way to go Tony. low 10's on stock motor and s/c.....nice.

ps - I assume you switched to some 3.07's. Otherwise you must be finishing around 7 grand. :laugh:

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I were inclined to stir the ***, I might ask:

Nitrous: Supplementary air, comes from an auxiliary tank you have to fill up.

Methane: Supplementary fuel, comes from an auxiliary tank you have to fill up.

Is there a difference in principle here?

If I were inclined to stir the ***, that is. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte