My B/W 09 SRT10

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been wanting a GTS B/W SRT for a long time. In 05 I settled for the White and Blue. In 06 they were producing a B/W coupe but I am a convertible man & didn't want to make that compromise. For 09 the GTS Blue/White is not listed as a color choice. I was going to buy an 08 since this is the color combination I wanted. I called all the big dealers and everyone told me none were made for 09 and a few 08's floating around. Turns out they were wrong. I was pleasantly surprised to find an 09 convertible at Ringgold. I was told the GTS was a special order color and they were suppose to be produced during the April run. The only B/W I know of is mine so I am curious if anyone else owns the color combo and year? The new hood is awesome.

This weekend I am looking forward to going with Mike99RT10 and the gang up in Gainesville. Perfect weather and lots of Vipers so it should be fun filled VCA event:drive:

You must be registered for see images attach

Just had the windows tinted. You can not own a car in Florida without tint.

:usa:

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
She's a beuat. Good luck with her. I saw that car in the classifieds. Glad to see it's out on the roads now :)

AZViper08

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been wanting a GTS B/W SRT for a long time. In 05 I settled for the White and Blue. In 06 they were producing a B/W coupe but I am a convertible man & didn't want to make that compromise. For 09 the GTS Blue/White is not listed as a color choice. I was going to buy an 08 since this is the color combination I wanted. I called all the big dealers and everyone told me none were made for 09 and a few 08's floating around. Turns out they were wrong. I was pleasantly surprised to find an 09 convertible at Ringgold. I was told the GTS was a special order color and they were suppose to be produced during the April run. The only B/W I know of is mine so I am curious if anyone else owns the color combo and year? The new hood is awesome.

This weekend I am looking forward to going with Mike99RT10 and the gang up in Gainesville. Perfect weather and lots of Vipers so it should be fun filled VCA event:drive:

Hey, that's my car! Well, except I've got the 5 spokes and it's a year older.

Congrats on the purchase. I LOVE the GTS blue with stripes!:2tu:
To me, it is THE color combo for these cars.:2tu:

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a GTS blue with white striped 08 convertible and I think 8 were made in 08 but I could be wrong.

I am down to an 08 black with red stripe ACR(yea....I need to change my avatar) and am thinking about a second ACR to stick in a spare garage somewhere.

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice car!

I think I got one of the few GTS Blue ACRs :) - no white stripes, though. I've already got a B/W GTS, so I wanted something different anyhow. Thought about getting a GTS Blue ACR with black stripes, but then they paint the wing - and I wanted the carbon fiber to still show - and that black center band should look good against the GTS Blue body panels.

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Did you have the rear painted black or is that a new thing in the 08/09 Convertibles? Generaly that area is same paint color? I like it and would like to see more photos of that if you get a chance.:2tu:

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i would lower it.

I wouldn't - lowering it looks better, but it is really painful when the only gas station around, or your friend's house, has a steeply transitioned driveway. Or, the only way out of parking lot is onto a road that is marked by a series of deep gouges in the pavement... Just takes one time to scrape the heck out of the fascia to wish you had more ground clearance.

OP
OP
R

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can not agree more with Lee, Mike, Martin and Austin. The wheels are sharp & lowering the car is not even a consideration.

By the way how the hell are you Austin?

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you have the rear painted black or is that a new thing in the 08/09 Convertibles? Generaly that area is same paint color? I like it and would like to see more photos of that if you get a chance.:2tu:

They black out the lower rear at the factory if the car has stripes. No stripes=body color.

Richie,
Awesome car. Best (and fastest) color combo too!

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Richie, Im doing ok. How are you? Its good to see you're still in the Viper scene. Hope all is well.:) BTW, great pics.

I can not agree more with Lee, Mike, Martin and Austin. The wheels are sharp & lowering the car is not even a consideration.

By the way how the hell are you Austin?

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree, those 6 spoke wheels are really nice for factory wheels.
Congrats on the new ride.
I can't wait for nicer weather around the northeast

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
great looking car richie. now how ya gonna make it fast ???.... :)

there's NO WAY you could be happy with the power after having your white/blue car

OP
OP
R

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Austin any compliment on a pic coming from you means a lot. My library has 1,000's of pics. Your photoshops or just a little brush-up are on the top. The one of the FGT is on several work computers.

Phil this car is nearly perfect. Take a Gen3 add a Paxton with a 7lb pulley and the Gen4 will still win. The car is more refined and I like the fact that the 09 now revs to 6250 over the previous 6000 rpms. More rpms equal more power. There is no way this car has only 600 ponies. The additional rpms have to be worth a good 10 ponies. I have heard of 08's dynoing at 620 after they are corrected from the rwhp rating. Does anyone have a dynosheet to prove or disprove this?

My first mod factory KICKPLATES

Before
You must be registered for see images

After.

You must be registered for see images

Well------ What do you think?