My Car is still suffering from oil leaks and the dealer is peeing me off!

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I've had my car at the dealer several times and they have kept it for 3 days per visit!

I bring my car in for an oil leak (Covered by warranty). I call them and they always say, well...we are working on it slowly but surley. I'm so sick of hearing that! What they are really doing is, yeah we work on it when we get a chance, but we work on the other cars before yours even though you were first!

I hate to leave my car there and when I get it, it smells like a greasy sweaty mechanic has been sleeping in it.

How long shoul it take them to fix a dang oil leak?? 3 days??? I had it in there once for that oil leak and they still can't fix it. Infact the leak seemed to get worse, not to mention it's all over the place on the bottom of the car!

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS">As many have stated previously, warranty work isn't the most lucrative thing in the world for a mechanic. Add to that the fact that for most of us our Viper isn't a daily driver and you'll get some service writers that prioritize others first.

Used to bother me too, but now I accept it to a limited degree IF the dealer treats the car as something special, keeps it inside, doesn't let anyone but the Viper Tech touch it and gets it back to me in the same condition I left it when he promised it to me when I brought it in.

Regarding your oil leak, I had mine in three times also for the same rear main seal leak. Replaced the seal and retainer first, oil pan gasket second and rear seal and retainer again third. Dry as a bone now, but never did understand why it took 3 tries. Happy they didn't give up though.....</FONT f>

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
think they didn't give up cause it's more money in their pocket? Not sure how they are paid on that stuff..but yeah.. you are right...about keeping the car inside....I just need to make that mechanic take a bath.

Sniper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ab-

Being down there in Florida, there's gotta be a lot of great Viper shops. Try being here in St. Joseph, MO! The Qwik Lube that I take all of my cars to won't even change the oil in my Viper.
crying.gif

Dion Fisher

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dion you will not see any oil by removing the inspection cover because it is not the rear main seal that is leaking it is the seal cover gasket it is split on the left side just above the starter the only way to tell is remove trans and clutch and flywheel then remove the six bolts around the seal then the cover comes off the you will see where the gasket split i think i still have a picture that i sent to DC in my tool box if i do i will scan it and send it to you

hope this helps thanks Eddie Martin

Hope this helps your tech, you cannot see the leak until you remove the flywheel.. Another way to tell is to look at the little black ****** at the front of your starter if it's dripping oil the above applies.. My car hasn't leaked a drop since I made the repair..

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
okay, an update...I go back to the dealer 4 times and check on my car. They haven't done anything to it! It just sat there.

Apearently, this joker mechanic Grady is an A$$HOLE to the service manager and doesn't want to work on it. I go up to him and ask what's been done nicely. He looks at me and just walks off. When he is made to talk to me, he say's I don't know.

I am furuious now. My car has sat in that dealer for about a combined total of 3 weeks for the same thing! I really don't want that Viper tech working on my car since he has an attitude now. Grr!