My Fellow Americans...it was a GOOD run

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But now its time for the Viper.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3ENX3aHlqU

and this brings up a cornucopia of feelings....

the engine, the vibrations, the roar, the rawness, the predatory nature, the beast, the brawn, the bully, the baddest ass car ever, the buddies, the dyno tests in 120 degree shops, the friends, the feeling......the feeling of one-ness with a 645 hp rabid enraged unloosed animal...and the ability to drive, control, and coexist with an animal like that....

is unfortunately why we must now say goodbye to our beloved beast. Dodge knows it, Woodhouse knows it, and deep down...even Panoff knows it.

Whats the alternative? An automatic driven electric hybrid making 1000 hp but has the exhaust note of a Suzuki RM-80?

The Dodge Viper will be discontinued after 2017.

The Viper is kinda like the Republican Party. Determined to ignore "advances" and the inability to adapt to the modern world.
Instead of being inclusive the Republican demonized and alienated the Latino vote. And the Republicans launched an aggressive assault on voters rights after double loss to President Obama. The Republicans refused to adopt and adjust to modern changes.

Just like the Dodge Viper. The latest McLauren 650s I think with rather equal horsepower made mincemeat out of a tuned Viper on Youtube....I mean it was bad...really bad. Then you have Nissan, Porsche, Ferrari....and others killing the Viper in 1/4 mile to half mile runs...with less horsepower....and thats just the way it is.

Or is it? Maybe there is something to just not focusing on 1/4 mile times that a computer basically generates for you. Maybe it is about being unique, principled, loyal, stubborn and steadfast. Maybe those kind of qualities, while rare, are what really matter.

And maybe that is also the case with the Republican Party. Maybe its not a good idea to let illegals simply come thru our border at will with no repercussions, and maybe we should have a proven businessman who has shown he can create billions of personal net worth in the white house instead of smooth talkers that are only good at appeasing both sides. And maybe if blacks would focus on and march and protest about inner city drug and gang murders of blacks as much as we do on police murdering blacks.....maybe they would be taken more seriously.....

But...the chances of any or all of the above seems very unlikely in todays climate. So....lets all prepare for our dearly loved Viper departing...along with many if not most of the ideals that made this country great.

Look on the bright side...at least our Vipers will double in value.....and at least...we'll have each other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3ENX3aHlqU

Last edited:

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where did this come from? Vipers, the Republican Party, and the end of the world......? Must have been a bad day.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yawn. If your gonna troll, shorten it up and use more inflammatory adjectives. Your post sounds more like a lil ***** ranting than a seasoned angler.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Republican party is going to win in 16. The viper will continue to dominate the track. You should really watch some pdv and nine ball's roll races.

Texas1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I respect all law enforcement & greatly appreciate those who are just & protect us; but lol to your comments on blacks...police killing, injuring, & mistreating all races of people (including "blacks") has been going on for centuries....it's only now that we live in a world where you can record everything that these injustices truly come to light...carry on sir...carry on...:2tu:

Last edited:

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I usually don't get involved in useless conversations but sometimes posts like the the ones from black mamba illicit it. So in
the spirit of the of the conversation
let me just say opinions are like a**holes everyone has one. If you you are referring to the changes that have been made since the current commander in chief came in to office, like an astronomical deficit, a health care change that's just a tax and the
fact that our country as a whole as been turned against each other, huge unemployment then I guess your idea of good
change is different than mine. I hope all the rumors about viper going out are just that, rumors. I would also go on to say that if it does it
will be in part do to some of the afore mentioned"changes" that have affected our economy. I can tell by your post which
affiliation you carry. I sir am deeply ashamed at the display of behavior of both parties. It has been said that a house divided will not stand, and everyone's idea of unity has become blurred. That being said the
Viper can make a comeback but everyone will have to listen and work together to make that happen. Just like our coun:usa:try.

Sybil TF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Republican party is going to win in 16. The viper will continue to dominate the track. You should really watch some pdv and nine ball's roll races.

I hope so. I can't deal with another Democrat finishing off this country...:crazy2:

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 2017 rumor is based on the belief that the current V 10 is only certified through 2017. But FCA , Dodge and SRT work on development years ahead of schedule and Dodge is committed to being the performance brand within FCA. So we should not run down the road with our pants on fire.

Personally, it would be nice to see a paradigm shift and see a Hellcat powered, mid-engine Viper with stick or 8 speed auto available. I know. Blasphemy. But it would be interesting.

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to worry Viper fans,when,not if the Viper is discontinued ,you can go buy the baddest ,modern ,quickest and fastest naturally aspirated V 10 now in production and you will be very happy..Of course the is the Lamborghini Huracan...Time to Bump up to the modern world HP cars and let the shifting of gears go...

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to worry Viper fans,when,not if the Viper is discontinued ,you can go buy the baddest ,modern ,quickest and fastest naturally aspirated V 10 now in production and you will be very happy..Of course the is the Lamborghini Huracan...Time to Bump up to the modern world HP cars and let the shifting of gears go...

Why not discontinue your posts?

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is wrong with post,it is a opinion,just like yours.(You can or not like it)No rules broken....Been Viper fan for 15 years and owned 4 of them,bought brand new.Just saying their are alternatives when the Snake is discontinued..

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Why the mods let this window licker continue to post here is beyond me.

He's welcome to what ever he finds on the window and we don't censor like the days of old, remember, it was one of the things people really didn't like.

What is wrong with post,it is a opinion,just like yours.(You can or not like it)No rules broken....Been Viper fan for 15 years and owned 4 of them,bought brand new.Just saying their are alternatives when the Snake is discontinued..

It's always made me smile when people pay more..... for less!

Also, just an opinion

Vj

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's welcome to what ever he finds on the window and we don't censor like the days of old, remember, it was one of the things people really didn't like.

It's always made me smile when people pay more..... for less!

Also, just an opinion

Vj
Go read black mamba1's post history

It is pure garbage trolling.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's more late night ice in a glass induced emotional acting out while the boss is asleep in the other room. LOL.

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Why settle for the Huracan? Couldn't swing the entry on an Aventador? lol

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Go read black mamba1's post history

It is pure garbage trolling.

Oh I get that he prefers just about anything to the Viper, in fact I bet he could present a noteable argument for a 1970 10 speed Schwin. I'm sure the ***'s will let me know when impersonating Danny Kaye is an actionable offense

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought about and certainty can have any Aventador I want,but it is very dated in comparison to the Huracan.Actually ,I am sure you all missed me(Esp my buddy Free2 Go) I just spent two weeks in Germany,most of which was in Zuffenhausen at the Porsche Factory as their guest.Ya,after two Turbo S they treat ya very good,so my next addition will be a 918 Spyder.What a first class operation.
Just FYI,I continue to and will always like Vipers,they are Raw American Muscle Power,which I grew up with.At this point,I just going to the next level after all the Vipers and Corvettes.

As ya can tell,I enjoy some of the responses when I mess with some of the Viper faithful.All good fun...

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never had the Bump Up 10 Speed in 1970,but I did have the 5 Speed Cherry Picker with the little front wheel and banana seat,best bike on the block...

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just FYI,I continue to and will always like Vipers,they are Raw American Muscle Power,which I grew up with.At this point,I just going to the next level after all the Vipers and Corvettes.

Dude, that's totally understandable. And by all means drop by from time to time to get slapped around. I personally enjoy your smugness, condescending attitude, and self aggrandizing as a refreshing change of pace.

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never had the Bump Up 10 Speed in 1970,but I did have the 5 Speed Cherry Picker with the little front wheel and banana seat,best bike on the block...

you sir are a Liar !

take it from "krate"disease (me) there never existed nor did schwinn ever make a Cherry picker , YOU Goofball !!

They made the Lemon Peeler, Apple Krate, Orange Krate, Pea Picker, Grey Ghost and the Cotton Picker,

trust me, with a name like Kratedisease, I would know.