My first service

Car Lover

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
Going to take my 1995 RT/10 (12,000 miles)to the local dealer for an oil change, Plugs, wires, K&N, and smooth tubes. For the Oil mobile 1, Plugs ???, Wires?? and the smooth tubes are those the ACR ones?? or is there Aluminum ones....I like mopar stuff....Stock look. My friend owns the deal and is going to call in a special Tec. I hope my experience is good. Any and all tips would be greatly appreciated? I'm also concerned about how they lift, the car do they need to put it on a hoist to change the oil?

Thanks Dave

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd suggest you spend a few hours searching on these topics and you'll get a lot of good info.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I would RESPECTFULLY suggest that you do the FULL service schedule IF it has not been done recently....ALL fluids, ESPECIALLY the coolant...and check ALL 5 "radiator" hoses and the 3 heater (smaller...USUALLY less of a problem...but a concern nonetheless) hoses. A good Viper Tech may also spot telltale signs of head gasket problem, checking also for oil leaks etc.

You MIGHT want to start doing this yourself...not hard, can be fun, and a GREAT way to get to know and appreciate your Vier even MORE !!!

OP
OP
C

Car Lover

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
The brake and clutch fluid were just changed on delivery of the car, as well as a lube job to chassis, radiator fluid and water pump in last 18 months, hoses checked. It was sitting for about a year before I purchased it and was/is a little sluggish so that why I'm planning on more service. The throttles were out of sink when I picked it up as well. The previous owner was great and had all that stuff looked after by his mechanic when I picked it up. I'm thinking that changing the 8 year old plug and wires should help. Your opinions would be appreciated. Why do people recommend MSD wires??