My garage is almost done, part two..(updated pics)

JPL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Better camera settings this time.
:)

3173PDRM0088-med.JPG

3173PDRM0081-med.JPG

3173PDRM0090-med.JPG

3173PDRM0087-med.JPG

NOTV8

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That is sweeeeeet. I might start looking on doing mine. How did you do the floor? Is that paint or tile?

OP
OP
J

JPL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
From my other post:
I used Armstrong Standard Excelon Vinyl Composition Tile (VCT) for the floor, but when I called Armstrong, they said they could not guarantee the product if the temp would drop below 50 degrees, as it could have "catastrophic failure". Now, my garage is semi heated, (tapped into the first level duct work), and it's not used as a typical garage, (not driven on in the winter), that, coupled with the price, I didn't care, worst case scenario, I could always replace the "failed" tiles. But they held up fine so far, and the temp dipped below 50 for a short period.

vviperr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I love it. Just curious - my garage is full of crap that my wife doesn't want to throw away but doesn't want in the house. Did you have the same problem, and if so, what did you do with it?

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still no naked lady pic posters on the wall???

Well, other than that, looks great!

Reaction score
Garage looks great. I started out with a polished concrete floor and was kind of talked into a tile floor. Glad I did tile. Stuff wipes right off and no staining. Yes I've dropped wrenchs on it and it hasn't chipped yet! But the pattern I used you wouldn't see it anyway. As 99R/T10 suggested, I put in a lift. If you have room, try to do it. To see my garage go to www.qtrturn.com and click on PICTURES.

OP
OP
J

JPL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I love it. Just curious - my garage is full of crap that my wife doesn't want to throw away but doesn't want in the house. Did you have the same problem, and if so, what did you do with it?

We moved into the house not to long ago, so we had stuff organized in boxes that went straight into the unfinished basement, aprox 1600 sq ft, and that's where things like shovels, etc, thing we don't use often, are, until I get a shed.
Thanks all for the compliments, I learned from the old house, where I said from day one I would finish the garage, and 8 yrs later never got around to it, that the garage would be one of my first projects. And, my dad and I had a lot of fun doing it.

OP
OP
J

JPL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We moved into the house not to long ago, so we had stuff organized in boxes that went straight into the unfinished basement, aprox 1600 sq ft, and that's where things like shovels, etc, thing we don't use often, are, until I get a shed.
Thanks all for the compliments, I learned from the old house, where I said from day one I would finish the garage, and 8 yrs later never got around to it, that the garage would be one of my first projects in the new house. And, my dad and I had a lot of fun doing it.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Assuming you have a basement or attic.....Go to walmart and pick up as many as you need of their BIG plastic storage tubs with covers. These things are like 3 feet long 2 feet tall and a couple feet wide with covers that snap on. I had the same problem, after going after it in this manner you will cut the space occupied by junk by 2/3 to 3/4, they are stackable as well, right up to the ceiling, and the appropriate ladies, I have a daughter involved in the "stuff" issue, will love it as the "stuff" is now protected in sealed plastic containers, if the water heater spits up their "stuff" is still safe. I actually packed away some of my VALUABLES, like old car magazines, as opposeed to their "stuff", as well. Really works well. If this approach does not work I see you have a Nissan Titan.......How early does she go to sleep and what time does the dump close?

OP
OP
J

JPL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah, I used those plastic tubs too, we got ours from target, works great, as far as those corner shelves go, those were square pieces of thick plexi-glass that were cut diagonally, a hole drilled in the back to run a long pipe through, then screwed the pipe into the corner through a stud, topped it of with an old momo shift knob.

3173PDRM0071-med.JPG

vipertime3

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So, how do you install the vynil? What surface prep is required to make sure everything stays put?

Thanks.