My Gen II Snake with SRT-10 Wheels/Tires!!! What do you think?

1MEANSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prince Frederick Maryland, On the Chesapeake Bay
It has been a long hard though out process of which wheels i really wanted to put on the GTS and finally i got ahold of a new set of SRT-10 Wheels and Run Flats from Viper D in New York! I have not seen this combo except on one other Viper and knew i had to have them thereafter. My future wheels will consist of 20" HRE 847R's ;) This combination will allow me a few dollars extra for other mods this year! Tell me what you think guys.
You must be registered for see images

Im going to lower the car with Eibachs over the winter and finish the carbon fiber stripes lol! I have new drilled/slotted rotors for front and rear with the centers that i will be powdercoating black and i will also be powdercoating the calipers!

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That looks horrible... I'll tell you what I can do for you. I'll drive over, give you $500, and take the wheels/tires off your hands. I'll even give you my stock rims so that you'll have something to drive on :) Deal?

I think your Viper is the second one I've seen with the SRT-10 wheels... looks good. I'm still partial to the BBS ACR rims, for some reason...

GTSREDDOG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that looks totally SWEEEEEEET.. Do they just bolt right up with no modifications? DAMN THAT LOOKS SWEET
Did I tell ya I thought it looked Sweet?

OP
OP
1MEANSNAKE

1MEANSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that looks totally SWEEEEEEET.. Do they just bolt right up with no modifications? DAMN THAT LOOKS SWEET
Did I tell ya I thought it looked Sweet?

Yes, they bolt right on with no modifications, however if you look at the distance between tire and splash guard towards the rear on the rear tires, it's pretty close. No problems whatsoever!

I will be ordering some chrome lug nuts in the next few days since i only have my stock lugs to use for now!

Thanks for the compliments, keep them coming :)

VIPER52USA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, it's shining much more than the last time I saw her. The wheels look awesome man. And by the way, did you get everything sorted out with the trucking accident?

OP
OP
1MEANSNAKE

1MEANSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, it's shining much more than the last time I saw her. The wheels look awesome man. And by the way, did you get everything sorted out with the trucking accident?

Nothing like a bath for the Viper :cool:

The truck just scratched the rear bumper, i buffed it out the best i can and will remove the bumper to have it redone over the winter! I wanted all the time i have left of nice days to drive it :p

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks good Mike. Are you ever going to finish running the stripes on the lower front fascia?

GTS234

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well now I'm pi$$ed! Obviously, after seeing your before and after pictures, I should have held off on buying your stock wheels and waited to find some SRT-10 wheels for my '96!!

They look great on your car and your old wheel are already on their way to Calif. Chrome Wheel. I think we both came out just fine. Thanks again. :2tu:

PS Don't plan on running "my" lug nuts too long! Hopefully, I'll need them in about a month!

Robert/GTS 234

OP
OP
1MEANSNAKE

1MEANSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well now I'm pi$$ed! Obviously, after seeing your before and after pictures, I should have held off on buying your stock wheels and waited to find some SRT-10 wheels for my '96!!

They look great on your car and your old wheel are already on their way to Calif. Chrome Wheel. I think we both came out just fine. Thanks again. :2tu:

PS Don't plan on running "my" lug nuts too long! Hopefully, I'll need them in about a month!

Robert/GTS 234

:eek: Glad to hear you are going to chrome those wheels Robert :cool: I sent you prices on the new tires for them if and when you are ready, just let me know. I'll send you the lug nuts when i get my new ones!

John, i knew this would be pointed out (shakes head laughing) I will finish it, i've just been striping other Vipers before mine lol.

Im probably going to powdercoat the calipers red and the center of the new rotors the same!

Dmitry, they roll nice and smooth and handle much nicer than my stockers :D

venomblue550

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hey mike....why do you have to copy me?? lol just j/k, but def nice choice, much much better....want a set of red calipers....

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great, I'm surprised. I didn't think it would.
Send more photos with some different angle, and scatch the parking lot back ground.

OP
OP
1MEANSNAKE

1MEANSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll take more pictures today hopefully with a better background, just wanted to get the pic of it while it was still clean yesterday haha!

New Pics:

Favorite Pic on the Chesapeake Bay

These are much better pics, sorry for the sucky one in the first post!

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That car doesn't work at all for you, your just going to have to get rid of it. Here's my number.

All kidding aside, you car is one of the few I like with stripes. Wheels look perfect in propotion to the rest of the car. I especially like the shot of the car with the solar lens flare. I hope you made a poster out of that shot. I'll buy one if you make two of them.

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll take more pictures today hopefully with a better background, just wanted to get the pic of it while it was still clean yesterday haha!

New Pics:

Favorite Pic on the Chesapeake Bay

These are much better pics, sorry for the sucky one in the first post!

1MEANSNAKE is this picture really on the Chesapeake Bay ......there is coconut palms behind your car PLANTED in the ground! *** do they dig them and send them to Floirda for the winter...... Sorry it is not a Viper question BUT it is what I do for a living...... landscaping.

Cudaman :usa:

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cudaman, they bring them up for the warm months here on the bay!

and store them for the winter somewhere.....interesting ......thanks for the answer.

Cudaman :usa:

VIPER52USA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you ever pass by the Montgomery County (Rockville, Gaithersburg) area man?

Fast Viper Dan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they look great.
I instructed a driver at willow springs CA. Viper Days. I don't remember the drivers name but he had a 97 Blue and White GTS with SRT wheels. At first I liked the look. I prefer the polished wheels over the BBS grey ? ARC wheels.
What was really cool was the ride on the track. The tire and wheel combo had excellent grip. I did not drive the car but we were pushing the limit.
This would be my choice if I were to make a change.

:2tu:

snake dreams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never thought the SRT wheels on a Gen 2 would look righ for some reason,but your car looks awesome with them!! By the way, that picture in front of your house is sweet looking, it almost looks like the heavens are shining their light down on your car.

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I especially like the shot of the car with the solar lens flare. I hope you made a poster out of that shot. I'll buy one if you make two of them.

I also like the solar lens flare photo and would love to see this as a poster. BTW, in that photo, what hotel is the car parked in front of?

OP
OP
1MEANSNAKE

1MEANSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I especially like the shot of the car with the solar lens flare. I hope you made a poster out of that shot. I'll buy one if you make two of them.

I also like the solar lens flare photo and would love to see this as a poster. BTW, in that photo, what hotel is the car parked in front of?

Thanks guys. I took the car out for a little spirited driving yesterday and pushed the limits through the twisy back roads and the car has never handled better :shocked:

I will look into having the last photo done in a poster, i think it would look great in the garage. The pictures i took over at the water was in front of a hotel in Rosehaven, MD. The white house as we like to call it is actually a house.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery