My New 2002 GTS Yellow Snake is HOME, its been a long 8 weeks...

SAM Team

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It arrived a 8:00 this morning. I have not even sat in a seat of a Viper for 8 weeks much less driven one. It was kind of like getting your old girl friend back in school....after she dumped you...felt pretty good. The Viper is beautiful it is going to be a beast to keep clean by the way the new color is "GT Gold"....just for my friends I went to school with and the loyal following of Georgia Tech. You know what is was like for a Tech man to ride around in beautiful red Viper for two years, when it is "one" of the most hated colors in this part of the country.

Bill P. thanks for all you help and I really mean it! Bill gave me the best deal but he just did not have the car I wanted, nobody beats Bill when it comes to supporting his Viper friends. Darren Buhler thank you for your help and professionalism. Ralph Sardo of Daytona Dodge thank you for your help and professionalism.

Jeremy Brown of Northwest Dodge of Houston sold me my 2002 Yellow Snake, no stripes and 9 miles. He gave me a great drive out price and had the car delivered to my office over 1100 miles away in less than 3 days from beginning to end...everything went perfect.

You hear a lot a things about the some of the Viper dealerships but these guys are true professionals....all of them advertise on our VCA site and are easily reachable and all with "outstanding deals" on Vipers.

Now my Viper, I have already started making mods: These are some things I had right away from my ACR. They are done.
1. Gear shift knob replaced with MGW short satin Viper shifter, I had forgotten how long the standard is...
2. All control knobs fan, temp, A/C have been replace with MGW satin knobs. Anybody still needing the control knob for a 2002 call me we can work it out. You do not need someone opening your dash to replace a knob.
3. Cigarette lighter replaced with MGW EJECT button..
4. Viper floor mats front and rear from Mauris in California

Immediate projects
1. Seat lowering kit, you do not know how much you appreciate it until its not there.
2. Smooth tubes and K&N filters - more Horse Power
3. Exhaust and headers a must - it just runs to smooth for me, I need to hear more HISS and less slither...
4. GT-2 single wing from the Kingman

Intermediate Projects
1. Some more serious Horse Power - offers welcome
2. Front and rear fascias

To my Viper friends thank you for your support and I am officially asking to be removed/kicked out of the Crash Club as of this morning.

I will have pictures on my my website www.samgroup.com by lunch on Monday just come in and click on the Viper logo.

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great news you've your Viper back, and the colour sounds interesting. I'll look forwards to your pics next week. Good plans on the mods, have fun doing them.

ps I'm still a member of the crash club!

Reaction score
Sam -
Thanks for the informative post! The details are refreshing knowing it was a pleasure purchasing your Viper. Friday we took delivery on a new 2002 Viper for a Supercharger System install. This will be the first BONE STOCK 2002 GTS we'll get a chance to dyno; I'm looking forward to a "before and after" dyno session. The stock numbers have me very curious.

Best of luck with your new snake and keep us all posted!

Regards,
Doug

-RUNNR

Site programmer
Reaction score
Welcome back Sam!!!

Glad to see you have a new toy. Look forward to hooking up with you again in the future.

(This time, you got the right color)

hehehe

OP
OP
S

SAM Team

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys and Girls,

Thanks for all the e-mails it has been a great day. Drove the new Yellow Viper to the office and parked it outside so all could see and stop. Left a little YELLOW paint on the driveway this morning backing out, I thought since I did not have all the special fascia hardware on I was ok, WRONG...so it is officially broken in now!

All I need now is more HP and HISS!!! Stock is just too....

Have a great New Year from the "Yellow Fever Club"!!!!

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sam,

And the Fort Worth branch of the "Yellow Fever" club wishes you and yours a Happy and Safe New Year...and remember...it takes a special person to drive a car that bites like a snake and stings like a bee!!!

C Stegall

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sam,

I knew you couldn't wait to long. I can't tell you how tickled pink I am that you bought another and especially in Yellow. Great color choice she's a beauty. I hope you enjoy your new snake and get a ton of use out of her. Let the mods begin! Sam I hope you and your family have Happy New Year. Tell Ryan and all the guys HEY!

OP
OP
S

SAM Team

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bernie,

You are the man...I wish You and Yours a Safe and Prosperous New Year.

Do you want to sell anything back to me????

It feels good....she still only has 25 miles...the kids and the wife are discussing who has the most mileage in it. They are even more excited about the car than me....this is a good thing.

Mods...Mods...Mods......I am spoiled.

GTSREDDOG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sam Congrats...You have my dream car.. Yellow is my favorite color but I just cant afford to buy new. It took everything I had to get my snake and I love her to death but somehow someday I will own a Yellow GTS

Happy New Year to You and Yours!!!
cool.gif

OP
OP
S

SAM Team

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTSREDDOG:

Thanks...my baby was a Red 99 ACR Venom so I know where you are coming from, I am partial to both. The Yellow actually looks even better than I thought, I seem to be turning more heads than before and I do not even have a Wing on it yet....but it is on order with JonB.

OP
OP
S

SAM Team

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pictures are up www.samgroup.com, click on Viper logo. sorry I was late...

Once I get my wing from JonB at PartsRack in a few days I will post them when it is installed. This will be one of the finishing touches....seat lowering kit from JonB is on the way and my neck will surely appreciate it.

OP
OP
S

SAM Team

Enthusiast
Reaction score
C Stegall

Are you saying this things come off? If so how and where did you get the black ones? Can you replace the rear bumper ones also in black? I think it is a great idea, I was actually thinking about this coming home tonight to get someone to paint them black if possible!!!

Wing is on the way from JonB at PartsRack, I was thinking about something black on the sides of it like the Viper logo???

Let me know...

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sam,

Absolutely...they will come off and you can remount some new ones. I had my dealer order a complete set in black (from 1999 model year). I ended up installing the hoodsides and rear scripts...but,I left off the hood emblem...looks pretty sleek up front without it(IMHO).
Your car looks beautiful as it is and with your upcoming mods you are adding...well,it will look/drive awesome.

C Stegall

Afy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sam,
That is a beautiful car..

I do have a question however.. do the new cars lack the Viper Badging on the sides of the hood?

Congrats once again..

OP
OP
S

SAM Team

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Afy,

Good to hear from you and Happy New Year...

On the 2002 what they have done is put "Viper GTS" in raised letters but the same color as the car, great for the seeing impaired but not for us... I wish they had not done that so I could have put some custom decals there when I am through with the modifications. I am still thinking this one through....

Wouldn't you know I get the car on Sunday and since then it has been snowing for the last two days.....it has been spring or summer here for the last 9 months....

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sam,

Have you thought about changing out the Viper,etc.(yellow) on the car for a set in black? I did it on my car and get a lot of compliments. I did leave the hood emblem off...seems like people like it. Just food-4-thought.

C Stegall

SEASNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations!

I think that car would look awesome with some burnt orange stripes...

Be careful getting headers, there are many issues with them on the 2000+ cars.