My New Garage

VNMOUS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, I have finally completed about 90% of my garage. All that is left is to put up some slat wall in the utility room, hang some cabinets, install the sink, and set up my work bench. Most of this stuff is going to have to wait a few months because...dammnnnnnn...electicians and buliders are expensive! Anyway, here are some pictures.

5097More_Viper_007-med.jpg

5097More_Viper_014-med.jpg

5097More_Viper_022-med.jpg

5097More_Viper_023-med.jpg

The Revolution lift is perfect for my limited space. I found a really cool garage door opener--it is two synchronized motors that run on the track so there is nothing anywhere near the car. The lighting is great, I set it up with several lights on a 45 degree angles like a paint booth. The best part though is the 22000 BTU heat/AC/dehumdifier.

5097More_Viper_009-med.jpg

5097More_Viper_012-med.jpg

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, that looks INCREDIBLE! Can you fit additional vehicles to the left of the lift or will you be moving it to the right and closer to the windowed wall?

Great pics of those motors too. Do they actually attach to the door itself? I have never seen that type of set up before, but I like the way you did it. What is the manufacturer?

The only other thing I can see missing is some Viper-related posters/banners, but we will assume that is part of the other 2%... :2tu:

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2 words from me to describe it. ABSOLUTLEY FABULOUS.

What kind of flooring are you using and who mfg'd your opener?

thanks

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OT but if you don't mind me asking, why are you not using the blue/white? Obviously you are saving it for something, do you look at it as an investment? I am curious why you would not use it. Did you buy it new?

OP
OP
V

VNMOUS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments!

Chris: The garage is a standard 2 car garage. 20x24 with a 8x8 utility room off the side. I knocked out the wall to the utility room for a wraparound style workbench and sink along with an orange stackble washer and dryer. I have about 8 feet to the left of the lift for the workbench/cabinets. I am leaning towards either custom Lista or Baldhead workbenches/cabinets. The garage door opener is actually 2 motors connected to the door on each side connected by a power supply that keeps them synchronized to a rail mounted receiver. The fist pictures posted above are with the door up; the following pictures show the door down. The units actually travel with the door so there are some cords that hang down on the left side. The company is called Miracle Instrument Company. I am not sure wear they are located, I used a local garage door company--it is not as refined as the iDrive, but supposed to be more durable. This is a very heavy insulated door and these two motors lift it three times as fast a a traditional opener. Yes, I do plan on adoring the wall with viper paraphenalia as well as getting a logo for the floor and having the glass on the door etched with some type of design.

5097Viper_Garage_005-med.jpg

5097Viper_Garage_002-med.jpg

5097Viper_Garage_008-med.jpg

Steve: The flooring is RaceDeck TuffShield. I am really impressed with it. It is not appropriate for a heavy use garage; but, I mainly do a lot of minor mechanical maintenance, detailing, and bolt-ons.

Jon: I just bought the 97 B&W. I am having fun with the SRT now, but the GTS is the car I have always wanted and I do plan to drive it.

OP
OP
V

VNMOUS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The AC unit is a 22000 BTU split unit with an outside compressor and indoor wall mounted fan--there are many companies that make these units. It is Similar to a heat pump. It heats, cools, and dehumidifies. The company is called Air Control--I used a local AC company, told them what I wanted, and this is what they installed. I could not find any good information on this unit on the web. $3800 installed.

Reaction score
Vnmous,
Thanks, you did a nice job.

I just did the Gladiator wall system on all walls with 18" X 18" Race Deck checkerboard floors.
I am still waiting for the "new" gladiator cabinets that are on backorder and expected at the end of the month.

I have looked at the same type a/c system (Soleus) for the garage, though would have to cut out an area in the Gladiator wall panel for the install.

Maybe I will call my a/c contractor for suggestions.
Thanks

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm loving it!!! On top of that you have the best of both worlds a Gen2 & 3 ;) :2tu:

NOTV8

Viper Owner
Reaction score
vnmous, a/c info?
That is what you call ductless a/c system. Good unit but expensive. It is made by Mitsubishi or Sanyo and there are some other.

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm working on the same "look" Got the floor ordered and the stainless cabinets coming in. Here's what she looks like now. Not sure about what color and where yet. Have the same style lights in mine but only needed 2 for enough light.
You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
V

VNMOUS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You can never have enough light!!! I have 16 4 ft x 4 bulb lights and it is just about right. If you are planning on doing any kind of work at all in the garage, I would highly recommend more light.

ARMORGOD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can never have enough light!!! I have 16 4 ft x 4 bulb lights and it is just about right. If you are planning on doing any kind of work at all in the garage, I would highly recommend more light.

Wow. Sounds more like a tanning booth than a garage! :p

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I clean my cars in the garage when it's raining out. I find for my 20X20 garage, 2 large lights is just right. I have them perfectly centered over each stall.

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's 9'5". I had a large light hung from the ceiling that's right over the car so take away 3" from that and it still fits. Clearance depends on the vehicles you have. Basically, take the 2 vehicles height and add 8". Here's one with the door down from inside.
You must be registered for see images

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks, as I can't remember if the new house I am building is 9 or 10ft. Got me thinking about space with all these cool photos, even if it would have to be down the road a bit, before I thought about it.

Love the garage and the floor looks dynamite.

NK BREKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great garages fellas! SteveB, Please post pictures of your garage when finished. Additionally, since you have a Red Srt and the other car a red and silver configuration would look great, check out the sample on the Race Deck website.

ARMORGOD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Posting a photo:

STEP 1: Upload the photo into the media section.

STEP 2: Right click on the copy of the photo that will now be in your personal gallery, select properties and copy the URL.

STEP 3: Hit "image" while you are typing your text and paste the URL into the window that appears.

Hissses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, as I can't remember if the new house I am building is 9 or 10ft. Got me thinking about space with all these cool photos, even if it would have to be down the road a bit, before I thought about it.

Love the garage and the floor looks dynamite.

I am building a garage and I plan on working under the car. I am using 12 foot side walls with scissor truss to give a bit more space. 5/12 pitch on the truss. I hated having to crouch while working on my vehicles! Just a thought. Also using a follow the roof track will keep the door out of the way if your door is not as tall as the ceiling.
Also found the garage door openers here. www.aaaremotes.com/miracleinstruments.html - 25k Nice not having a door opener track in the way.

Reaction score
Re: My New Garage A/C

Vnmous or any other members...a little help please.

A/C for garage

I have an a/c contractor coming to my house on Monday.
They have a Mitsubishi 22,000 btu split (ductless) system for my garage, cost @ $3,000.00 and then several hundred dollars ($300-$750.00) more for electric work.

Does anyone have this system or can give me advice on your experiences for cooling a 2-car garage with 425-450 sf?

Vnmous-Did you look at any other systems before you decided on your Air Control system? and if so what where your concerns?

Any help in this matter would be appreciative.

For what its worth, in S. Florida, I am not really concerned about HEAT with the system.

OP
OP
V

VNMOUS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: My New Garage A/C

I paid $3800 Installed for virtually the identicle system. No significant concerns--I told them what I wanted and this is what they put in. Works perfect, has a remote control unit with it as well. Seems sturdy and cools my garage in less than 10 minutes. My garage is just over 500 square feet.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960