My rant on the banjo fitting...a picture of the issue.

ViperBite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Decided to take a pic of the situation before I removed the SS lines. This is the banjo fitting removed and placed back on the stock (black) caliper. As you can see this is without a doubt a fitment problem. As I remove the others I will check to see if any of the others are like this. What a day.

picture

OP
OP
V

ViperBite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bolt is stock. Banjo fitting is not wide enough. See my other post "extremely pissed" and you get the full explaination.

OP
OP
V

ViperBite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am not sure I want to be driving the car with more washers on it or cut the bolt. I thought about adding washers but figured for what the lines cost they should be right. Anyway I don't have more new washers laying around that I would risk that on either.

Call me conservative when it comes to brake lines.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
First check the OEM line banjo compared to the new ones. If they are different, hands down send them back, or inquire as to where the hell your new shorter Banjo bolts are that should have come with the lines. I too would not cut down a banjo bolt or double up washers... It would work, but brake systems are one area to never cut corners for any reason.

A1998

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with ViperBite, when you spend your money on items that are supposed to be exact replacements by golly that is what you want! You shouldn't have to cut down bolts or add more washers. If the supplier can't check these detail things before he sells them he shouldn't be advertising them. Nothing more agravating then getting parts that aren't made right, or shipped to you by mistake. The dealers trying to pass this type of problem off to their customers and don't take the time to check their own products are the ones that will eventually cut their own throats.