My Roadster has a new Girlfriend !!!!

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Its a lot of coin, but you wont be disappointed. Not to mention they are holding their value better than any other car that I know of. Especially better than the viper.
No question about holding their value. Just hope I can pull off the price. I suspect begging will be involved.

OP
OP
D

Dr V

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thank u all for the great comments. Its awesome that we can appreciate all cars, even blue ovals. Doubt they could do that on a vette forum.:smirk:

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I sooooo wanted a FGT when they were new, but couldnt swing it. I don't like to buy used, so I kinda consider that car done and gone. Now I'm in position ($), but they don't make it anymore! Dayum! So I'm looking at an even longer "stretch" now, thinking about the 458 Italia. If I put the seat just right, I barely fit. My wife wants to buy land, build a house as owners/builders, and flip it for profit. I tell her- "Why would you want to do that, when we can throw our money down a ********* hole and buy a car?" Somehow my plan doesn't add up as nice! But she hasn't shot me down, so the game's still afoot! Even if I never get it, just having it as a goal makes me stronger, just as wanting the Viper made me start a business.

Anyway, big congrats on the fine stable! Beautiful machinery like that is a joy to behold!

Last edited:

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm just hoping that if the Viper is history it will see it's value rise like the GT

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm just hoping that if the Viper is history it will see it's value rise like the GT

I am no holding my breath. There were about 4000 GTs and I have lost count but over 25,000 snakes. If July 1 really is the end it will help--particularly all those dealers sitting on 09s.

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am no holding my breath. There were about 4000 GTs and I have lost count but over 25,000 snakes. If July 1 really is the end it will help--particularly all those dealers sitting on 09s.

I bet there have been many more vipers totaled in days of ownership that any GT's. Im sure their are not even neer 25,000 Viper left, and as far as any stock, unmolested vipers.....even fewer.

And Congrats on a great super car Dr.V :2tu:

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man I just love the Ford GT. If there was no Viper I would have had to empty my bank account and by one. Good luck. I envy you every day that you walk into the garage and you have to chose which to drive.

One thing I would like to comment on is the remark, "V10 hanging over the front wheels". Remember the Viper has near perfect 50/50 weight distribution front and rear. The engine is actually set pretty far back from the center point of the front wheels. The Ford GT I am sure has 60% to 70% rear biased.

IN the end i favor the Viper with the torque and instant power. You might want to argue but dont bother since my argument is simply a result of jealousy.

Fom the short time that I have driven the GT, It seems a lot more balanced. The weight is in the center of the car. On the viper there is a V10 hanging over the front wheels. The viper pulls side to side a little more in the straights and the GT is like hands free auto pilot. The Viper is more front heavy, obviously. Kinda like driving a 600 horse go kart. Gt is more like a slalom supercar. Dont get me wrong. I LOVE them both. But they are 2 different worlds. Drummer would probably agree with me.

JimK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bet there have been many more vipers totaled in days of ownership that any GT's. Im sure their are not even neer 25,000 Viper left, and as far as any stock, unmolested vipers.....even fewer.

And Congrats on a great super car Dr.V :2tu:

I don't know what the percent casualty numbers are on the Viper but I do know the numbers on the FGT. Last I checked (know a guy that keeps a database), roughly 500 of the original 4038 FGT's are no longer with us in 4-5 short years - sadly thats about 12% lost to folks with more money than skills!

Jim

ps - love your color choice Doc! All FGT's are a work of art but RED/Stripes is my favorite flavor!

Last edited:

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know what the percent casualty numbers are on the Viper but I do know the numbers on the FGT. Last I checked (know a guy that keeps a database), roughly 500 of the original 4038 FGT's are no longer with us in 4-5 short years - sadly thats about 12% lost to folks with more money than skills!

Jim

ps - love your color choice Doc! All FGT's are a work of art but RED/Stripes is my favorite flavor!

That plus a bunch are outside the US--so rare indeed.

C.Hermsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm honored to be the first one to say....

:eek::shocked::omg::eyecrazy:
:hail::notworthy::drooler::wow:

You have quite an impressive stable, my friend! Including 3 of my 5 dream cars. (Viper, FGT, and 1970 Challenger)

:2tu: