My second round of mods-Car is going to RSI

admir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are badass nm baby!! Cant wait to see that thing. Im glead all worked out
Car is done!!! Super safe and conservative tune for 91 octane. Car has 3:73s which is robbing some dyno HP and it was dynoed in 100 degree weather. With 3:07s and 50-60 degree weather we should see around 850RWHP. Cant wait to get the beast back home.

http://youtu.be/hO_I_eFEi30

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
apparently because of the 100degree heat the car was dynoed in and the 3:73s we are loosing about 75-100rwhp. I will dyno the car again when i get it back in cool weather and see if i can get closer to 800rwhp. Nothing i can do about the 3:73s. The tune is VERY conservative. I know we can g way up in RWHP on this car and i will with time. Just need to make sure this round is good to go.

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interested to see how gears would effect the output that much????

From what I read you loose about 5% or so in HP numbers on the dyno because of the gears. If someone with more knowledge could chime in please do!. Also another 5% loss because of the heat, again this is what ive been told.

viper04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I read you loose about 5% or so in HP numbers on the dyno because of the gears. If someone with more knowledge could chime in please do!. Also another 5% loss because of the heat, again this is what ive been told.

That right you do loss HP when doing a dyno with taller gears. Sorry I don't have the reason why. With my drag car I loss HP on the dyno but the car was faster in the 1/4 miles.

ACPERFORMANCE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
From my experience, you will see an increase of about 40 whp when your at the 800rwhp mark.

Todd

Regardless of numbers CAR SHOULD RUN GREAT! Looking forward to hearing your impressions...when you getting the car Anton

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From my experience, you will see an increase of about 40 whp when your at the 800rwhp mark.

Todd

Regardless of numbers CAR SHOULD RUN GREAT! Looking forward to hearing your impressions...when you getting the car Anton

Car should be here Thursday/Friday.

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car is back home! Took delivery of it around 1pm on Saturday and spend the weekend enjoying the beast. VERY happy with the over all out come. The car is a monster. Between the exhaust tone, the blower whine and the engine sound itself, the car sounds like a FKN jet coming at you. Ive had a few people make that comment already. I love the supercharger whine, although its louder on my car then my friends Paxton viper. Wonder why??? Car pulls like a freight train. I'm still learning its attitude so i haven't really went balls to the wall on it but i did a few pulls and it does what it needs to do to say the least. I love the 3;73s with this set up. On the free in 6th I'm doing 80mpg at 1800rpm and i can actually use this gear. Also when the car is under 2200 RPM it sounds someone quite so you can enjoy a long drive on the free way. Anything above 2200 it starts to scream. The tune is super smoove. Almost Feels factory. AEM is a BIG plus. RSI also corner balanced the car so now the Penskies feel great!. Here are some pics. HRE is sending a crew up here with in the next few weeks to do a video and photo shoot of the car so as soon as i have the material i will post it.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to hear you're happy.

Thanks bro! I knew I would be completely satisfied with RSI's finished product. This car exceeds all of expectations. Will and crew did am amazing job and I will highly recomend them. Only issue I had was with the time and ones I voiced it it was resolved. Very happy and proud to have an RSI built monster! Now time to join the VCA, finally after 10 years of owning vipers, just so i can put up a pic and description of the build on my sig. :)

viper04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks bro! I knew I would be completely satisfied with RSI's finished product. This car exceeds all of expectations. Will and crew did am amazing job and I will highly recomend them. Only issue I had was with the time and ones I voiced it it was resolved. Very happy and proud to have an RSI built monster! Now time to join the VCA, finally after 10 years of owning vipers, just so i can put up a pic and description of the build on my sig. :)

Nice!! as long as you are happy, that's what counts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21