My Snake is now Force Fed!

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In a joint effort between Jason Heffner and myself, my 2000 RT/10 is now supercharged. I pulled the motor, installed forged 9.0:1 pistons, crower custom billet cam, custom rod work and had the motor balanced. This is to go along with the mods I already had (heads-ported with larger valves, extrude hone intake, balangers, 3" exhaust, T & D's). Then Jason sent me a kit with all the parts necessary to install his supercharger system consisting of Blower, fuel system, computer system and intercooler. I just finished it up the other day and would love to give you all dyno #'s, but that will have to wait until I have 1,000 miles on the motor. I'm going to baby it until then, although I couldn't resist hitting the pedal a couple of times. Forget trying to watch my tach, air fuel gauge and boost gauge at the same time, all I could concentrate on was the road as I was sideways at 70mph! All I can really tell you is my wife is going to be pissed, because she thinks I will not be spending anymore money on the car, but I can see myself going through tires very quickly.

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very cool and congratulations! I'd love to see pics of your final installation.

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrads

Sounds great Marc, now that there's a new sheriff in town why don't you mosy on down to my town and show it off. I'm only 15 minutes from you here in Port. Love to get together!

Adam

OP
OP
M

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adam, I don't even have the front fascia on the car yet, driving it around without a front bumper is sure to get me pulled over in Port, you remember the front plate issue in Port? Anyway we will hook up soon. Gary once I neaten things up a bit in there I will take some shots, although they are almost identical to others already posted.

OP
OP
M

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was my auction and I guess anything supports my projects, although this was supposed to support me buying the 2000 back in 2000. Just couldn't part with the 94 until now.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You closed it early(I had bid on it), do you mind me asking what you got for it? I should be in the same boat with my 96 by the weekend.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who did the machine work for you? Did you do the install yourself or did you have a shop do it? I'm not far from Oyster bay either, would love to see your setup and go for a ride maybe :)

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who did the machine work for you? Did you do the install yourself or did you have a shop do it? I'm not far from Oyster bay either, would love to see your setup and go for a ride maybe :)

Yes, more info please. Can you give an idea of cost. Force feeding is on my list of to do's and Heffner is near the top. However I can drive my snake across country.

OP
OP
M

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As far as cost goes, I think you should speak with Jason. I was his first installation that he didn't perform himself. Lab Machine in Lyndenhurst did my machine work (honing, pistons, rods, balancing), I put the motor together and dropped it back into the car. Jasons parts fit nicely and a good mechanic shouldn't have a problem installing them if he takes his time. Mike, I work in Great Neck which is closer to you, so if you want to hook up it might be a good place. I would prefer you wait until I have over 1,000 miles on the motor, so I can finish tuning it and take you for a real ride.

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In a joint effort between Jason Heffner and myself, my 2000 RT/10 is now supercharged. I pulled the motor, installed forged 9.0:1 pistons, crower custom billet cam, custom rod work and had the motor balanced. This is to go along with the mods I already had (heads-ported with larger valves, extrude hone intake, balangers, 3" exhaust, T & D's). Then Jason sent me a kit with all the parts necessary to install his supercharger system consisting of Blower, fuel system, computer system and intercooler. I just finished it up the other day and would love to give you all dyno #'s, but that will have to wait until I have 1,000 miles on the motor. I'm going to baby it until then, although I couldn't resist hitting the pedal a couple of times. Forget trying to watch my tach, air fuel gauge and boost gauge at the same time, all I could concentrate on was the road as I was sideways at 70mph! All I can really tell you is my wife is going to be pissed, because she thinks I will not be spending anymore money on the car, but I can see myself going through tires very quickly.

Marc, shame on you for not following the strict break-in guidelines! LOL! It only took me from 6:00 PM tuesday night to 3:00 am thursday morning to put a total of 1038 miles on the car. I slept only 2 hours throughout the whole 1038 miles!(The first 500 had to be stop and go traffic to break in the carbon-carbon clutch==> 500 stop and go miles at no more than 3000 RPM is pure torture!)

I drove my car early this morning and it felt awesome! I could not hear anything but the whooshing of the supercharger even with side exhaust and no cats! My car with the full roll cage and lowered 2" handles the power really well! I was surprised about this to say the least! Keep us posted and good luck!

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Marc great ride and post some pics.

Paolo, you got your car back. Missed you last friday at Toofst's event. Everyone was really looking forward to seeing your beast. Would love to see the car while I am in town.

John

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Marc great ride and post some pics.

Paolo, you got your car back. Missed you last friday at Toofst's event. Everyone was really looking forward to seeing your beast. Would love to see the car while I am in town.

John

John, I do not have the car back just yet. Heffner is finishing up a few things and I will pick it up this coming saturday!

OP
OP
M

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paolo,
I commend you on getting all the break in overwith so quickly. Between work and other crap, I only have about 250 miles on the motor so far. Now it's off and on rain so it's just sitting in the garage. Once it clears up I have to start thinking about places to go and people to visit so I can rack up the miles quickly. Keeping it under 3000 rpm is killing me!

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paolo,
I commend you on getting all the break in overwith so quickly. Between work and other crap, I only have about 250 miles on the motor so far. Now it's off and on rain so it's just sitting in the garage. Once it clears up I have to start thinking about places to go and people to visit so I can rack up the miles quickly. Keeping it under 3000 rpm is killing me!

Marc, Don't worry about the RPM's. Just get in and drive down the highway at night and do 3-4-5-6 shifting a little before and at 3000 RPM varying load and coasting back down to 45-50 or so and you should have the 500 pretty fast. Then you get to seat in the rings to perfection! Once you hit the 1,000 mile mark, you can put in your application to be a V-10 god!

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paolo-
Is your car already done? I have been out of the loop for about a week...

SO...how do you like it? I just checked the dyno area and didn't see any posts? Well....what are the numbers? Don't keep me in suspense....
-Wayne

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paolo-
Is your car already done? I have been out of the loop for about a week...

SO...how do you like it? I just checked the dyno area and didn't see any posts? Well....what are the numbers? Don't keep me in suspense....
-Wayne

Wayne, my motor is broken in now, the blower is on the car, fuel system is on the car and the car is being dyno tuned by Jason Heffner. Jason said I should be picking up the finished product this Saturday. I drove it with a little less than 850 RWHP after some preliminary tuning and the car felt phenomenal! Jason feels there is more to be gotten out of the car so we will see soon!

How about your car? what about your #'s? You are the one keeping me in suspense! What have you dynoed so far? How do you like those fuel rails? Did you figure out how to mount them yet?

I hope your stroker is built with the proper specifications to handle some boost. I wish you all the luck in the world because you are going to need it when going up against Heffner/ENZO WHO supercharged beast if we get into the Ultimate Street Car Challenge! I hope you can get something figured out and running by September as I will be getting a lot of seat time in my Heffner Viper after this Saturday! Paolo

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paolo-

So how much boost are you running?

We should be able to report some numbers on my car in the next few days. We had held off on getting the custom Viper injectors until we knew what flow rate was necessary because they take so long to manufacture. Had we known it was going to take a month to get fuel rails, we would have had the custom injectors built instead.

In addition, we had to track down some 55lb/hr high impedance, pintel style injectors (significant improvement over the standard 'ball' style). This was no easy task; we ended up getting them from out of the country.

Since our boost numbers will be low (5-7 lbs) it looks like we will end up removing the intercooler since it doesn't do much at these low boost levels anyway. By not spinning the supercharger fast, it allows the power and torque to build slowly and the tires are less prone to breaking loose. Hopefully that will come in handy if I make it into the Street Car Challenge since we have to use street tires. The gradual power/torque buildup was a big factor for my car running 3.58 second 0-60 mph times (and beating the Autothority 750hp, $225k all-wheel-drive Porsche turbo) in Car and Driver.

It looks like you should end up with your 935rwhp numbers you listed for the details of your car in the magazine. Remember that they are filling the gas tanks using crappy CA 91 octane. Hopefully you can plant it on street tires:)

When are we supposed to hear back anyway?

Good luck!
-Wayne

v8huntr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what do you mean by custom injectors? that is too funny because i didn't know you had to order custom injectors to work with viper fuel system. i hope those injectors give you tone of extra hp.

btw i heard some tuners are copying heffners performance fuel system.

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paolo-

So how much boost are you running?

We should be able to report some numbers on my car in the next few days. We had held off on getting the custom Viper injectors until we knew what flow rate was necessary because they take so long to manufacture. Had we known it was going to take a month to get fuel rails, we would have had the custom injectors built instead.

In addition, we had to track down some 55lb/hr high impedance, pintel style injectors (significant improvement over the standard 'ball' style). This was no easy task; we ended up getting them from out of the country.

Since our boost numbers will be low (5-7 lbs) it looks like we will end up removing the intercooler since it doesn't do much at these low boost levels anyway. By not spinning the supercharger fast, it allows the power and torque to build slowly and the tires are less prone to breaking loose. Hopefully that will come in handy if I make it into the Street Car Challenge since we have to use street tires. The gradual power/torque buildup was a big factor for my car running 3.58 second 0-60 mph times (and beating the Autothority 750hp, $225k all-wheel-drive Porsche turbo) in Car and Driver.

It looks like you should end up with your 935rwhp numbers you listed for the details of your car in the magazine. Remember that they are filling the gas tanks using crappy CA 91 octane. Hopefully you can plant it on street tires:)

When are we supposed to hear back anyway?

Good luck!
-Wayne

Wayne, if the final #'s were in, I would have posted my own thread instead of hijacking Marc's thread. Sorry Marc!

"If I would have known it would taken a month to GET fuel rails?" From the sound of that, you seem to have bought somebody else's fuel rails instead of developing your own... Isn't that kind of cheating? I hope you give that other tuner the credit when you have your finished product ready to sell!

From what I know about supercharging and fuel systems, the injectors are simply a function of fuel and air making a certain amount of power. It's not all that complicated, you know? I hope you are within your limits of ability to fabricate your own system that will have the longevity to do the Viper community proud in the magazine should you get in. The best things take time to do right that's all!

As far as low boost building slowly as to not shred the tires and tooting your own horn on the 0-60 magazine B.S. I am calling you out and telling you you are full of B.S. If you think your car with "low" Boost and anything over 800 RWHP will be easy to launch, you are a bigger stroker than your 550 CI. Give me a break! Who do you think you are talking to here???

As far as the 91 octane is concerned, I could care a less. Why are you so worried about my car? I will post in a few days after Jason has done the fine tuning. The car is awesome to say the least.

If I were you, I would worry less about my car and worry about how you will get your car to run right with a supercharger on a motor that will hold together under the boost.

Wayne, please do not even do yourself the dis-service of responding to this: We are hijacking the **** out of Marc's thread. Just dig in and get your supercharger done and my #'s will come shortly.

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Marc-
Sorry for hijacking your thread. I didn't realize that asking a few questions was going to hijack your post. Unfortunately, it looks like when I asked a few questions, someone took it the wrong way. Not sure why.
I apologize for the inconvenience.
-Wayne

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dam Paolo,
seems that response was uncalled for. From what I get from Wayne's post, he was being polite and generally intereseted.

Mike

OP
OP
M

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't worry about the Hijacking guys, fun reading! The sun just came out for a minute, hey maybe I will run home and pick her up. Nope, got dark again, looks like rain.

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dam Paolo,
seems that response was uncalled for. From what I get from Wayne's post, he was being polite and generally intereseted.

Mike

Mike, unfortunately, that is not the way I took it. There is more going on here than meets the eye.

holdontight

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would also like to get together and see this beast. Adam were you at the americana on saturday there was a viper like yours there

RedSnakeGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope you SC guys get to the track soon - and back away from the dyno!! You're the last ones to the party.

Sincerely,

9 Second Time-Slip :p

where is your time slip? :laugh: