My SRT-10s have been sold...but, there's good news!

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes- the SRT-10 truck and my 2006 Viper have both been sold.
It was a sad week around here last week.

The good news is that the truck went to a great guy starting a family in "that state up north".
His little boy was so excited about the truck, he put a few of his action figues on the dash as we were doing paperwork. :)
I shed more than one tear watching it drive away.....

The *other* good news is that the Viper went to a great lady in FL.
She's currently a lieutenant in the Army over in Afghanistan, kicking much *** so the rest of us can do burnouts in Wal-Mart parking lots.
The Viper is her own "Welcome Home!" present. :D

In an odd twist, her name is Rachel (heh heh) and she's already become a VCA member!
So, I expect the VCA-FL members to welcome her and give her a hand with being a new Viper owner.
(Chad- this does NOT mean pestering her to go to ******* with you. LOL)

Rachel- don't let these guys and gals fool you. They may talk big, but in reality they're all a bunch of cupcakes.....and super-cool people. :p

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I sold the car and truck to pay for the 2008 Viper SRT-10 Aero Coupe.
:D

Phew, OK!!! Lord knows, I've "thought" about letting both the 07 Bee SRT8 and the 03 goe to get into a Gen 4, but I just can't do it. First, I love the Bee, it's a great car...fast and comfortable, and handles well for it's size and weight. Second, I can't drive my Gen 3 anywhere near its capabilities (due to my lack of!!), so I just can't justify the Gen 4.

Pictures please!!

FLAT OUT

VCA Member
Reaction score
Kevan, We have already welcomed Rachel to the club and are looking forward to her coming home soon. We offered to help her out and take turns driving it, but so far she hasn't taken us up on that....still waiting ! Glad your Viper went to Rachel !

OP
OP
K

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kevan, We have already welcomed Rachel to the club and are looking forward to her coming home soon. We offered to help her out and take turns driving it, but so far she hasn't taken us up on that....still waiting ! Glad your Viper went to Rachel !
Oh. Sorry. I looked around for a "I'm new here" post from her, but couldn't find it. Sorry for the repeat.
I think you're gonna have a VERY difficult time prying her out of the driver's seat. :)

As a fellow 08 Aero Coupe owner, what color did you get?
The fastest color. :-D

OP
OP
K

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Close, but a little darker than that (and thus faster...heh heh):

You must be registered for see images

viper67wife

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It wasn't too long ago you were driving the truck on the track and dreaming of owning the '06! Congrats on the Aero!

Diane

pathoguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well done selling those vehicles to folk that will appreciate and care for them, also on the acquisition of the 08. Not sure what the aero package is, see a wing in the pic? I have a GenIII (same color combo), previously a GenII FE, and starting to consider a GenIV. Interested to hear about the differences in driving characteristics between your GenIII and IV. Cars look so similar but I hear they are quite difference under the skin.

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well done selling those vehicles to folk that will appreciate and care for them, also on the acquisition of the 08. Not sure what the aero package is, see a wing in the pic? I have a GenIII (same color combo), previously a GenII FE, and starting to consider a GenIV. Interested to hear about the differences in driving characteristics between your GenIII and IV. Cars look so similar but I hear they are quite difference under the skin.
I *loved* my Gen.3 stuff (ask anyone here...heh heh). Zero complaints.

Gen.4's drivetrain takes a while to get used to. With the electronic throttle bodies, and the M-A-S-S-I-V-E delay between foot input and throttle action, you have to re-learn how to drive the car. It's sad that my 06 Jeep GC Overland has better throttle response than my Aero Coupe. I have the Sprint Booster installed in the Viper, and keep it on the Green and Red settings. It helps, but the delay is still there. According to other owners, the $1200 Mopar Performance computer turns out to be little more than a very expensive skip-shift delete.
Until Dodge lets people into the Gen.4 computers, this problem will remain.
That's really the only complaint I have.

The AeroCoupe is the little brother to the ACR.
It has the smaller wing (1000 lbs. of downforce at 120mph; ACR = 1500 lbs. of downforce at 120 mph), same front splitter (ACR has canards), standard suspension (ACR has adjustable shocks), crazy H-spoke or Venom polished wheels (ACR has lightweight black powder coated 5-spokes), and it has two-tone interior (ACR = black on black with black trim and black piping. LOL).
AFAIK, this is the only black/silver AeroCoupe made in 2008. Hopefully someone here can double-check that for me. :)

I love the car, and I'm glad I went from Gen.3 to Gen.4, but I'll be MUCH happier when I can unf**k the throttle/computer issues.
Until then, I adapt and overcome. :D

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The AeroCoupe is the little brother to the ACR.
It has the smaller wing (1000 lbs. of downforce at 120mph; ACR = 1500 lbs. of downforce at 120 mph), same front splitter (ACR has canards), standard suspension (ACR has adjustable shocks), crazy H-spoke or Venom polished wheels (ACR has lightweight black powder coated 5-spokes), and it has two-tone interior (ACR = black on black with black trim and black piping. LOL).
AFAIK, this is the only black/silver AeroCoupe made in 2008. Hopefully someone here can double-check that for me. :)

I love the car, and I'm glad I went from Gen.3 to Gen.4, but I'll be MUCH happier when I can unf**k the throttle/computer issues.
Until then, I adapt and overcome. :D

The info I have says 600 pounds of downforce @ 150 vs 1000 pounds of downforce @150 for the ACR.
In 2008 there were 13 Black aero coupes made
8 solid, 2 silver stripe, 2 red stripes, 1 gun metal stripes.
There were 13 black aero convertibles in 2008
9 solid, 1 white stripe, 1 silver stripe, 2 gunmetal stripes

OP
OP
K

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The info I have says 600 pounds of downforce @ 150 vs 1000 pounds of downforce @150 for the ACR.
In 2008 there were 13 Black aero coupes made
8 solid, 2 silver stripe, 2 red stripes, 1 gun metal stripes.
There were 13 black aero convertibles in 2008
9 solid, 1 white stripe, 1 silver stripe, 2 gunmetal stripes
I've seen a few numbers floating around regarding this.
600...1000....hell, I'll take 2 lbs.! At any speed! LOL

Thanks for the production number detail! 1 of 2. That works for me. :)

Now, if we could just get into the computer.......

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen a few numbers floating around regarding this.
600...1000....hell, I'll take 2 lbs.! At any speed! LOL

Thanks for the production number detail! 1 of 2. That works for me. :)

Now, if we could just get into the computer.......

Congrats Kevan, I bet you're having fun playing with the areo coupe, but it won't help you much when I come up there in August bringing a can of whoopass on the1/4 at the Mopar Nats............................:D

You guys coming down for the Tail of the Dragon?

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Kevan, I bet you're having fun playing with the areo coupe, but it won't help you much when I come up there in August bringing a can of whoopass on the1/4 at the Mopar Nats............................:D

You guys coming down for the Tail of the Dragon?

Are you bringing something with hair dryers????

OP
OP
K

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike- yes! The car will be at TOTD and tons of other events.

I've also got Mansen and Allen breathing down my neck to do NARRA this year (TT-1). I may dip my toe in the water with a few of those events as well.
I mean, can't show off the new helmet graphics if I don't get it to the track, right? :)

Although, with this car, wearing a helmet all the time may not be a bad idea. :D

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats man! I thought I was going to read this and you had moved into something like a Veyron or something. :D

Happy it all worked out for ya! :yay: