My stock 04 dyno numbers.

SRTLEN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Took my 04 SRT-10 to a local speed shop for a dyno run,the car is bone stock.
The results were on the low end, 420rwhp and 510ft/lbs. I know I don't drive the car as hard it should be. (6000 miles on the car)
My question is if I was to drive the crap out of it now, then have another dyno done would the cars computer "relearn" new parameters and possibley show an increase in hp? Or has the intial break in of the car determine the ECU's parameters and hp won't change? (p.s. the dyno was not a mustang dyno and the numbers are corrected)

Len

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First off, assuming that is a not a typo and all is measured at the rear wheels, your torque is the highest I have ever seen on a stock Viper. Horsepower may be just a shade low, but the torque is unbelievable.

As far as "relearning", you might try and disconnect the battery at the remote terminal and then dyno again after some more vigorous driving. One of our "cruisers" did just that and picked up around 15 rwhp and 10 rwtq on the dyno. Add the K&N system and you are good to go!

OP
OP
S

SRTLEN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Chris. They did three pulls on the dyno and that one was the best, but I think there is an issue with with the torque number on that run. 1)416.6hp - 448.8 ftlbs 2)420hp - 510 ftlbs 3)419.2hp - 486.1ftlbs

vipersrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First off, assuming that is a not a typo and all is measured at the rear wheels, your torque is the highest I have ever seen on a stock Viper. Horsepower may be just a shade low, but the torque is unbelievable.

As far as "relearning", you might try and disconnect the battery at the remote terminal and then dyno again after some more vigorous driving. One of our "cruisers" did just that and picked up around 15 rwhp and 10 rwtq on the dyno. Add the K&N system and you are good to go!

-im gunna try that, i putted mine around the first 500 or so miles

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I dont take dyno numbers to seriuosly any more.
My car with K&N filters, Corsa exhaust and 3.55 Unitrax gears has dynoed once at 438 rwhp and another time at 468 rwhp. (two different dyno's, both sets of numbers are corrected)
I have come to the conclusion dyno numbers are great for before and after tuning purposes and thats about it. :laugh:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32