My Viper finally arrived.....

M_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello everyone, finally moved out to another car, Ive owned 3 corvettes C6 Z06 and all where modified.

I thought it was time for a change so why not move one to a Viper and yes that is what I did.

Bought the car up from USA and had it shipped here to Qatar. During shipping they broke the passenger side window for some reasone :crazy2: so as soon as I saw it I went running to the man "JonB".

I put down the order and before you know it in three days it was here :2tu:.. Thanks JonB looking forward to order more stuff from you;) "great costumer service"

now I have a few questions, how many liters does it take for the oil change without a filter?
:dunno:

do you all have the strange clunking noise when going on a speed bumb or a bad road?
:dunno:

I ran against a friends Z06 the other day and I felt like the car had the power but wasent put down fully through my acceleration, meaning that the throttle response is really slow when I shift gears but I did give him a hell or a race!
:2tu:

now how many bright blue vipers where produced with white stripes and without?

so do you recomend the belanger headers and exhaust?

and do these cars love the juice? Is there anyone out there that ran the car with nitrous ,I would love to know how it ran.

one more thing which really makes me mad is that when I shipped the car here it had the USA warrenty but not the middle east warrenty, who do you suppose I should contact?

sorry for all the questions, Im a noob.

You must be registered for see images

sorry the pics where from my phone, I'll get more when I get it washed.

Thanks for all your help guys..

ACRsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
congrats . nice car .

I also bought mine from USA and shipped it to Cairo/Egypt and will probably ship it to duabi next month ( i have a house there also) .

Anyway if you need any help with anything let me know .

Sherif

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Hummmm ...

First photo - no stripes.

Second photo with stirpes.

Which is yours?

Have friends with full Balangers - great upgrade, but do add the Mopar PCM. No lights and better throttle response.

OP
OP
M

M_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks like we will meet up in Dubai, I got a house there too..

Ill let you know if I need anything bro, thanks Sherif.

OP
OP
M

M_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hummmm ...

First photo - no stripes.

Second photo with stirpes.

Which is yours?

Have friends with full Balangers - great upgrade, but do add the Mopar PCM. No lights and better throttle response.

its the same car I just added the stripes on later:D, I thought it would give it a better look.

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Agree on the stripes 100%.

Took a trip to Lebanon and Dubai this summer - first tme out.

Going Back!!!

OP
OP
M

M_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
so the noise is normal , how about how many liters do these engines take without a filter change? Im guessing 9

ACRsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
put in 9 and check dip stick . i would recommend 15W-50 or 10W-60 oilfor your climate .I have 5W-40 in mine . Will try 10W-60 next fill .

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You don't mention if it's an 08 or 09 but in 08 production numbers are below, it will be some time before we get 09 numbers.

Monotone 30
Silver stripe 38
Black stripe 6

No Graphite

No White

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the new Viper! I have an 08 as well. I have driven several 08's and was actually turned off...up until I drove one with Belangers and Motons...then it was a COMPLETELY different car.

Sound of belangers with a full corsa is unbelievable - you will definitely feel the power difference as well.

As far as running into 06Z's, you just need to get more used to the power delivery. While the Z's is very peaky, it could be deceiving...as the Viper's power is more linear. It is a driver's race though, no matter what anyone tells you. Your Viper will have better traction so take advantage of that.

Congrats again!!

OP
OP
M

M_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats on the new Viper! I have an 08 as well. I have driven several 08's and was actually turned off...up until I drove one with Belangers and Motons...then it was a COMPLETELY different car.

Sound of belangers with a full corsa is unbelievable - you will definitely feel the power difference as well.

As far as running into 06Z's, you just need to get more used to the power delivery. While the Z's is very peaky, it could be deceiving...as the Viper's power is more linear. It is a driver's race though, no matter what anyone tells you. Your Viper will have better traction so take advantage of that.

Congrats again!!

TAILWAG my friend, we meet again. Looks like we both have the same tast in our cars ;)

and yes you are right I do feel that the viper has better traction but how does your viper compare to your Z06 with the bolts on.

Obviously my Viper is stock for now but my Z06 is cammed so I would't want to compare but yes it is a drivers race between both stock cars and actually in higher speeds I see that the Viper gives the Z06 a good run :D

I will be comparing both cars soon, both stock and only in a straight line.

OP
OP
M

M_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
11 quarts with oil filter change, and that should always be done( filter change that is ).

We can get you the proper filter, as the old MoPar one will not fit.

Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse
[email protected]

Thanks your next on my list Bill :2tu:

oh my! lol Depends how fast you were going.

the higher I go in speed the higher the noise is :omg:

but it kind of starts around 60mph

You don't mention if it's an 08 or 09 but in 08 production numbers are below, it will be some time before we get 09 numbers.

Monotone 30
Silver stripe 38
Black stripe 6

No Graphite

No White

My Viper is an 08 since I never found an 09 available with that colour.

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Sherif! I had a feeling it was you. Viper is looking good - congrats! I am working on a client in the Middle East so I might go to that part of the world sometime next year... :drive:

In stock form, the 08 Viper is just as fast as a Z06 (power to weight ratio and gearing favors the Z). Headers on the Viper yield huge gains and I think that is the difference between the cars. If you can throw in the $$ for the moton suspension, do it - you will not believe the difference that makes on the car. I always considered the Z06 to be a better handling car but now...the Z06 feels sloppy and like a Cadillac in comparisson to the Viper. Motons and headers/full exhaust is the way to go - you will NOT recognize the Viper after you do that (for the good).

I have ran an 07 H/C Z06 (562rwhp) with both my 08Z and my 08Viper. Z against Z he put about 4 cars to about 160mph. He makes 560rwhp. I figured it would be a lot worse. When I ran him on my Viper, I pulled on him to about 100 due to traction; after that he reels me in and at 160mph we are neck to neck...:dunno:

I really think it is all driver...so anything can happen when you are making from 500rwhp to 700rwhp...

One thing to remember is that the Viper is not as forgiving as the Z06...so take it easy until you get used to it.

TAILWAG my friend, we meet again. Looks like we both have the same tast in our cars ;)

and yes you are right I do feel that the viper has better traction but how does your viper compare to your Z06 with the bolts on.

Obviously my Viper is stock for now but my Z06 is cammed so I would't want to compare but yes it is a drivers race between both stock cars and actually in higher speeds I see that the Viper gives the Z06 a good run :D

I will be comparing both cars soon, both stock and only in a straight line.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

M_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Sherif! I had a feeling it was you. Viper is looking good - congrats! I am working on a client in the Middle East so I might go to that part of the world sometime next year... :drive:

In stock form, the 08 Viper is just as fast as a Z06 (power to weight ratio and gearing favors the Z). Headers on the Viper yield huge gains and I think that is the difference between the cars. If you can throw in the $$ for the moton suspension, do it - you will not believe the difference that makes on the car. I always considered the Z06 to be a better handling car but now...the Z06 feels sloppy and like a Cadillac in comparisson to the Viper. Motons and headers/full exhaust is the way to go - you will NOT recognize the Viper after you do that (for the good).

I have ran an 07 H/C Z06 (562rwhp) with both my 08Z and my 08Viper. Z against Z he put about 4 cars to about 160mph. He makes 560rwhp. I figured it would be a lot worse. When I ran him on my Viper, I pulled on him to about 100 due to traction; after that he reels me in and at 160mph we are neck to neck...:dunno:

I really think it is all driver...so anything can happen when you are making from 500rwhp to 700rwhp...

One thing to remember is that the Viper is not as forgiving as the Z06...so take it easy until you get used to it.

hey buddy, so the headers and ECU is a must since u appprove :2tu:

I got to run a few Z06's today, yes just like you said it is a drivers race but after taking out my cats the car got a bit energized its like gaining a fewmore HP. I gave the Z06 (stock) a 4 cars to 5 cars lengths, but tried it against a full bolts on and he gave me a cars length and when I say full bolts on I mean 502rwhp Z06.

Now Im betting that with the headers and ECU you could baisically run Z06 with little cams and making 530rwhp.

does the motons make any difference to you? do you recomend it?

OP
OP
M

M_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Your friends with Tailwag? :omg:

You run in good company.:D

TAILWAG was my actual reasone why I kept my JetStream Blue Z06, and I kinda used to copy him :lmao: , there came a time where I just hated tha color because it kinda turns into greenish blue at night:confused:

ya dont ask me why but tailwag knows what I talking about :D

I got the blue pinstripe idea from his Z06 not to mention the blackouts too!

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Monotone 30
Silver stripe 38
Black stripe 6

No Graphite

No White

hmmmmm- no white stripe on that color- i have seen a few at the dealer back last year- maybe they were custom

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey buddy, so the headers and ECU is a must since u appprove :2tu:

I got to run a few Z06's today, yes just like you said it is a drivers race but after taking out my cats the car got a bit energized its like gaining a fewmore HP. I gave the Z06 (stock) a 4 cars to 5 cars lengths, but tried it against a full bolts on and he gave me a cars length and when I say full bolts on I mean 502rwhp Z06.

Now Im betting that with the headers and ECU you could baisically run Z06 with little cams and making 530rwhp.

does the motons make any difference to you? do you recomend it?

The 08viper will pick up huge gains with the belangers (if you don't mind the loudness...- I personally love it). The Z06 will pick up the most gain from a tune and an intake (right at 500rwhp). If you are running tuned Z's (w/good drivers), you will need a belanger set to keep up. The Mopar ecu will make it more responsive and will give you a few more ponnies, but you will loose some of the popping raspy sound of the exhaust, reason why I am not too keen to install my mopar pcm yet.

The motons will not do anything for straight out acceleration, but, if you like twisties, the car will behave like a COMPLETELY different car. You will NOT recognize the car. If you can cough up the cash (I think you can :p ) then go with the motons for sure: you will not be disappointed.

I will snap some pics of the shifter too - I did a little something to it and it makes it look nicer.

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TAILWAG was my actual reasone why I kept my JetStream Blue Z06, and I kinda used to copy him :lmao: , there came a time where I just hated tha color because it kinda turns into greenish blue at night:confused:

ya dont ask me why but tailwag knows what I talking about :D

I got the blue pinstripe idea from his Z06 not to mention the blackouts too!

Heck, I know what you mean! I love the JSB during the day...but the "emmerald" looking thing that comes out at night is just a little weird - that is why I don't drive the Z at night...LOL

OP
OP
M

M_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The 08viper will pick up huge gains with the belangers (if you don't mind the loudness...- I personally love it). The Z06 will pick up the most gain from a tune and an intake (right at 500rwhp). If you are running tuned Z's (w/good drivers), you will need a belanger set to keep up. The Mopar ecu will make it more responsive and will give you a few more ponnies, but you will loose some of the popping raspy sound of the exhaust, reason why I am not too keen to install my mopar pcm yet.

The motons will not do anything for straight out acceleration, but, if you like twisties, the car will behave like a COMPLETELY different car. You will NOT recognize the car. If you can cough up the cash (I think you can :p ) then go with the motons for sure: you will not be disappointed.

I will snap some pics of the shifter too - I did a little something to it and it makes it look nicer.

have you tried your car with the new GT2?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang