My viper looks like it's total due to an ass cutting me off! pics

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My viper looks like it\'s total due to an ass cutting me off! pics

I never thought this day would come, but it looks like my viper is totalled. I got cut off from someone who put me into a tail spin and hit a gaurd rail Luckily my passenger and I were not hurt. But it appears my Viper is gone. All the sweat and tears that went into it and now it's gone. I am really sad about all of this.

Now I am going to have to deal with the insurance company. I have statefarm and also have reciepts for all the work and materials. Will statefarm take that in consideration when they total out the car? My car was classified as a recreational car. My car had 28k miles with obviously a ton of upgrades. What do you think I should be looking for and any advice will be greatly appreciated. I will be looking for another viper I hope soon. I was the only car that was injured and no other cars were involved. So does this mean my insurance will sky rocket? I feel this was not my fault, but that will mean a whole lot of nothing to the insurance company!

You must be registered for see images

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: My viper looks like it\'s total due to an ass cutting me off! pics

Wow, yes your car will be totaled. Glad to hear you are O.K., really thats what is most important. My first car was totaled last year, and I can feel your pain(not physical hopefully, but emotionaly). I had never been in a wreck before, and here the car of my dreams vaporized in three seconds. The whole claims process took about two and half months. I had specialty car insurance (agreed value), pluses and minuses too that. If you have all your receipts that will certainly help. I can give you additional thoughts if you'd like. PM me, sorry once again, but it will all work out.

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Glad you're ok, really sad to see that happen to your car. Pick yourself up, dust off, come back stronger!

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Since there were no other cars involved...will this make my insurance stay the same as far as cost or will it sky rocket?

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What does the accident report say? Any witnesses?

Insurance is gonna be out for themselves in this one I bet.

Glad you're ok
John

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Just says I was cut off I think. I haven't gotten a copy of the report yet. I do have a witness and he is my passenger.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Since there were no other cars involved...will this make my insurance stay the same as far as cost or will it sky rocket?

Ab, When I heard of this earlier.....so sad.....I know how much work you put into it. I just can't express how sorry I am.

If Statefarm treats you like Allstate treated me on the BoxterS wreck (totaled) there will only be an accident surcharge....maybe just on one vehicle. I don't think it matters about other cars..unless of course somebody elses insurance had to pay. As long as they don't cancel and pay for your car I would be glad to have the rate increase for 2 or 3 years.
I wonder what they will think about the "add ons" you have done. I might remove all of that before the adjuster looks at it ??? I'm not sure on that.

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Thanks Tony, That is what I am not sure of. I don't know if what I have on the car will make a difference or not, but my car was classified as a show/recreational car. I have proof of it being in major car shows and so on, but again, first time wrecking a car.

I really does **** since I did most of the work myself.

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Another question,

Do you think I should have this car towed to my house?

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

DAMN! THIS SUX BIG TIME!!

That was your BABY! i know how much work you put in that thing! that was probably one of the nicest cars i know in this forum too!

like inferno said, the car is replaceable, you my friend arent. you have to be glad YOU are ok.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I would tow it to your house!

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<< Do you think I should have this car towed to my house? >>

i wouldnt trust it anywhere else esp with all the nice stuff you have on it. if those parts came up missing that you want to get reinbursed for, you would really screwed.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ab, that *****. Glad to hear you are fine, but it truely *****! Everyone here knows how much time and heart you put into your GTS.
Hate to say it, but State Farm might not include the modifications in their appraisal value, due to the fact that they were performance mods.
They also usually give you a shot to purchase the car back at 25% of it's value, if you wish.

My advice would be to take out anything and everything you can out of the car that can be salvaged.

Good luck and keep us informed.

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

I think I will get the car towed to my house in the AM.

Casey...maybe if I get enough $ for my car, I will take a serious look at yours. :)

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

I think I will get the car towed to my house in the AM.

Casey...maybe if I get enough $ for my car, I will take a serious look at yours. :)

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

AB, honest to God, you know I feel for you. Completely sorry to hear about your car man.

Definetly have it taken home.

Keep it in the garage, the adjuster will only need you to take it out to show him, then you can put it back in afterwards. You definetly want to keep possession of the vechile up until you decide wether or not to have the insurance company take it, or you buy it back from them. With all your mods, I would definetly buy it back, and part it out, the rear is fine, and im sure the engine is fine, forget about any front end body work being worth anything, but suspension and other stuff might be sellable. You have the ability, part it out. Most dont.

Let me know how I can help. Even willing to fly in for a weekend and help wrench it apart if need be.

Truly sorry to hear of your missfortune brother. :(

Jon

viprvenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ab - I was truly taken back when I opened this post and realized it was your car that was wrecked. I am sorry to hear of your misfortune. Best of luck to you getting another Viper!

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This past 6 months has just been hell for you, ab. I'll do my part and send some good thoughts your way. Glad you're ok, and hope to see you in another snake soon.

cobramadness

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I don't understand, someone cut you off and you swerved causing you to spin and hit a guardrail? So the person that cut you off did not stop I'm assuming.

So it appears you are dealing with your own insurance company. Yes it should affect your rates because it will show up on your record as a "not at fault accident".

I had a heavily modded Mustang that I totaled a few years ago. Lady had pulled out in front of me. Anyways, I had it towed to my house and there I gutted my mods and replaced everything with stock. Gave all my mod receipts to the insurance company and got a much larger check due to the mods.

Re-read this thread.
http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB14&Number=408327&page=4&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1
It's a couple years old so you can ask the guy anything from the beginning to end. The insurance company offered him like 20% for his mods but he ended up getting like 70%.

Hope this helps.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ab, I'm so sorry. I was hoping this was something like another 2 year old post back from the dead or an early April Fools joke when I 1st saw the title. I'm glad you're ok, but it really ***** about your Snake. Best of luck with everything!

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

:( :( :( :( :(

So SORRY to hear this as we all know by your posts how much work and love you put into that viper....
Glad you are OK and hope you get back on the road real soon.
SAD BAZ :(

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sorry to hear about your loss. That really stinks. I hope it all works out in the end.

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

AB ...you have done much of the work yourself so you have NO receipts, BUT you have it well documented thru photos. Find yourself a "Viper" friendly person/businesses to document your Mods.

Just a thought .....

In the future get insurance that is "agreed value", then there is no question on a total because it was agreed while you were in the driver's seat instead of the insurance company in your driver's seat.

Good luck..... and I hope the picture info helps!

Cudaman :usa:

P.S Get Doug Levin to help you get what your Mods are worth ....he knows your car. Remember "custom" built items are worth MORE than item that are a part of a tuner's S/C package....because they were specifically for YOUR and only YOUR car because of particular body features of YOUR car! It never hurts to mention the word lawyer and that you have expert witness( an insurance company will find it hard to come up with one because are cars are unusual and yours is very custom)regularly when talking to the insurance company too.

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score

AB,
I literally feel your pain. Sorry to hear about your car, I've been reading all the mod's you have been doing and your avatar was my favorite!

The reason I feel your pain is that I wrecked my Viper yesterday. It looks like it is going to be totalled too, as well as the other car that was involved.
I am devastated, since this was my baby and I worked 5 years on the car to get it where it is now. I even got 3rd place at Chryslers of Carlisle (with a GEN 1!!)

I did not sleep last night at all. Luckily all involved are OK, thats the most important thing.

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Im so sorry for both of you, Ab amd of course you Lauri..Get and independant appraisal co.. They will get you top dollar..I read something on this forum not so far back and another guy did real well..If I remember it was totalled by a employee of a service dealership and they guy did real well...Hes on this forum

santo

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Wow, two member Vipers down in one day. THAT is a bad day. Sorry to hear about your loss, guys. Thankfully you are okay. I'm sure your next Viper will be even better, if that is possible.

Santo

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

sorry to hear about BOTH of you guys having to deal with this kinda stuff.

hang in there guys

i like the seperate appraiser idea. find one and also find a guy who does appraising and see if he can help ya out with some background knowledge.